All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
OK, back from the woodwork...time for an intervention....
      #225314 - 11/15/05 09:07 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I've been naughty for a while and I think it's catching up to me. I had nary a symptom for 2 months, but I'm definitely hiding all my stress in my tummy. i miss you ladies, and need to talk.

I've had a really hard time with my sister, and my sister in law, both having baby girls in the last few months, and trying to adjust to my daughter not being the only grandchild. i've got MAJOR abandonment issues with my mom and am finally willing to go see a psychologist.
I will make an appointment this week.

Life is so crazy right now with this amazing teaching contract, but when God delivers, he DELIVERS the new York Times...it's been tying me down at least 6.5 days a week, and kayleigh has een dragged into it too. I hate that.

Otherwise, life is lovely. My marriage and sex life is great(yahoo!), loving the heck out of my daughter who is at such a fun age....i've been able to buy half of my Christmas presents already, have gotten myself a decent wardrobe, haven't had to worry about my diet at all(yes, eating CHEESE every day!) but I can feel that anxious little thing in my gut telling me I'm walking on thin ice. My relationship with my sister is great now, but it's the pits with my mom ad she's been avoiding me because she refuses to actually work things out with me. i don't know how to have a superficial phony relationship either, so that's been a stress.

And oh, any ideas about the fact that i've missed half of my periods this year? i think I'm pregnant every freaking other month....(and kinda hoping, hee hee) and I've had breakthrough bleeding EVERY MONTH for the last year. It's really getting annoying and I've had PMS to contend with for the first time in my life. i'm so confused, and my doctor says he's not changing my pills till my life settles down. So that's another reason I think i need to talk to a psychologist.

I'm not depressed at all, really life is quite happy if I never had to deal with or hear from my mother again, but I don't want my daughter being scared of my mother like I am of my mom's. trying so hard to right the wrongs of the generation before....

Any insight or words of encouragement or advice is really appreciated. i have really miseed you all but couldn't log in.

Shannon

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi Shannon new
      #225317 - 11/15/05 10:23 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Shannon,
**big hugs**

I am so sorry that you've felt like you couldn't come here lately, we have missed you! Just for future reference, you should never feel like there is anything that you can't come and talk to us about, we are here for you.. that's what a support board is for!

It does sound like your life is going "not-too-shabby" for you right now, aside from the issues with your mom. And don't we all have 'em! Granted, yours sound worse than some but I think that mother-daughter relationships are always so tricky.
I love the "Barenaked Ladies" and when I was having problems with someone in my life, I heard the "Yoko Ono" song, and it says, "And if there's someone you can live without, then do so. And if there's someone you can just shove out, then do so." I'm not saying you need to shove your mom out of your life, but when I got to take a step back from some "negative energy" people I felt so much better.

I think that seeing a psychologist is a wicked idea. At first I was really hesitant to go see one, then I did and I loved it. I really did. I felt like it was the one hour in the week that I got to be as selfish as I wanted, but felt less selfish than any other hour of the week! Now that I can't go, I am so bummed out. I want to go back so much, but just can't afford it.

As for the periods, I am just not sure at all. There are so many other women here though who seem almost "expert" on these kind of things, so hopefully someone will be able to give you some pointers.

I hope you start to feel better soon. It really does sound like you've got some good stuff going for you (I only wish I could boast about my sex life, hee hee) so I hope that gets you through the darker times. And if it's not enough to pull you through, we're always here.

Good luck,
**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Shannon new
      #225378 - 11/16/05 07:39 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am all about a psychologist...I took my daughter to one to help her with her sensory integration disorder and half the time, I think the guy was treating me!

It was important to me that we found someone who shared our faith and could work with children and Dr. S was phenomenal. He was such a blessing...

I am sure you have told your OB about the bleeding and such...are you comfortable with his reasoningas as to all of your strange symptoms?

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Thanks, Stephie. new
      #226289 - 11/19/05 10:02 PM
_Willow

You always know what to say. And the barenaked ladies wisdom is awesome! i am a HUGE fan, and was literally talking about them with my brother in kelowna 5 mins ago!

I think I get super wound up about her, but I still need to see a psych, and have always wanted to.

As for the IBS, I know that my trigger supreme is stress. i can eat all the cheese and yogurt and ice cream I want, but unless I'm stressed out it doesn't bother me. interesting.

And the not beig able to come back was due to me not being logged in and taking forever to find my password after I'd deleted my ookies! Agh.

I'm off to finish my nachos with cheese and salsa, and a Pepsi. What on earth am i doing??? PS-coffee is still insanely bad, I get dizzy and nauseated from it now! Whoa, what happened from a year ago where I could drink a pot a day?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

hey Rachel.... new
      #226290 - 11/19/05 10:07 PM
_Willow

First of all, no I didn't see my OB yet, just my GP. He's great but I don't think he's Mr. Female Anatomy. He's very shy.
Secondly, your daughter has SID? It's really fascinating to read about. How does she cope now? I'm highly sensitive, but definitely not SID.

and you know, i never thought about finding a Christian psychologist. I believe a pastor could be very beneficial, but I need the medical side of it because I have a feeling there's a diagnosis or two he could make : eating disorder-I don't binge or purge but am overweight and obsessive
ADD-just a guess....oh, look, there's a fly....hey, what was I tlaking about? and possibly a bit of anxiety disorder, or traumatic stress from a very shaky childhood, but certainly not the worst.

Anyhow, there you go. Now you can shrink my head, LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Missed you Shannon new
      #226305 - 11/20/05 07:04 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Missed seeing you around the boards, but figured you were busy. Sorry you are having problems.
I'm slipping into my holiday blues already. Had a screaming match with the manager of this place yesterday. BUT, lol ... his Mummy(the owner) came in to talk to me and basically took my side. I heard she reamed him a "new one" later in the office. My sinus infection is still around making me miserable. UGH. IBS has been pretty stable.
Glad you're back.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

LOL... new
      #226349 - 11/20/05 04:07 PM
_Willow

I've aawlays said I tore him a new one...it's funny!

Lookit you with the new name, fancy! hee hee!
I missed you too.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I wondered new
      #226369 - 11/20/05 06:26 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I wondered where you've been hiding.

Holy cow. You're busy.

Take care of YOU! I'm not sure what else to add, Shannon. It's hard to fit it all in just one day.

Kate.

Thanks, for the reminder...me..... new
      #226750 - 11/22/05 04:01 PM
_Willow

It's easy to forget yourself when so many kids rely on you. it's nice, actually. I just found out my contract is ending on Dec. 23rd. I'm going to miss those kids like crazy. But, it's the foot in the door I need.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 646 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2695

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review