All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Your Best and Worst Job
      #22522 - 10/06/03 06:03 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

There seems to be a connecting theme lately - best and worst jobs. Must have been the changing nappies and tennis shoes that gave me the hint for this topic..... So, what's the best and worst job you've ever had?

Best= Current Job, Hod Curriculum
Worst = working in a fish & chip store during uni years.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Your Best and Worst Job new
      #22531 - 10/06/03 08:35 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Best job - Photographer's assistant; was so much fun to get to pose those little dancers for their pictures!

Worst job - that's a tie between my current and my last one; my last one had a lot of politics, even though I loved my co-workers and this one is just plain boring

--------------------
- Jennifer

#22533 - 10/06/03 08:55 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Best Job: Sales where I got to sort out my own schedule and met some really great people.

Worst Job: Waitessing for a lady who would be so busy she couldn't keep up - but instead of asking me to come in - she would phone and say "Where are you, why aren't you here - are on the schedule" LOL - There was never a schedule.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#22547 - 10/06/03 10:41 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Best - Now, Mommy followed closely by my time spent teaching 1st grade

Worst - Telemarketer, quit after one week, just walked out without even telling anyone and never went back!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#22556 - 10/06/03 11:36 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi; i WILL START with my worst job, it would have to be at a place called istonios, a pizza manufacturer, sort of. I stood in an assembly line and put toppings on pizza. They were so miserable there. They let pizza dough fall on the floor and put it back on the line, as is.yuck! bestr job was in a fast food place where I was hotess for a very short time but loved it!

#22586 - 10/06/03 03:46 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Best job would be my current job because I FINALLY have MY OWN classroom and my babies are so precious.

Worst job would be my current one, if y'all have read the other posts I've made in the Living Room you know why, if not, long story short, my supervisor's whacko! (The latest kicker is she wants to squeeze 8 babies into my room--we already have 7--which would mean moving in another crib--and WHERE, exactly, are we going to fit another crib?!)

#22605 - 10/06/03 05:12 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Best job - current job, because I've met lots of cool people and have had great times there.

Worst job - current job, because it opened my eyes to how vindictive & spiteful people in the office could be - good ol' office politics.

But, I have to say I've never had a job I hated - I always try to make the most of my job and not let it bring me down. I figure, I spend half my life there so I might as well make it as enjoyable as possible.

#22662 - 10/07/03 09:03 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I can think of a few worst jobs ( For example....my last job as an artist with an ad agency...loved the job, hated the stress, deadlines and my boss. My first job I worked as a housekeeper at the Hilton for a week, long story but hated it) but I gained experience from even the worst jobs and brought things I learned from them to my next job. Like how not to let another boss ever walk all over me, etc., etc.

But, I would have to say that the best job (not really a job, but in a way it is) is being a wife. Although at times it is stressful, etc....it is the most rewarding I've ever had.

#22694 - 10/07/03 11:54 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

My best job is being a mom to three boys. They are challenging at times, but very rewarding. Every morning they give me a hug, kiss and tell they love me - what better job can you ask for?

My worst job was right out of college. I worked for a Jeweler and it didn't take long to realize he was slimey. I walked off my job the day he came back from lunch with another man and both were drunk and I was alone with them.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review