All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ok, I need some input....a girlie issue related to bc pills
      #223941 - 11/09/05 01:22 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I've searched the board, read a lot about this, but would appreciate anything you might have to offer. I've been on a low-dose bc pill for over 10 years now. No problems that I know of until the past 6 months or so. I have notoriously bad PMS - a gyn actually prescribed bc pills to help it when I was 21 and before I was sexually active - and besides bc, that is my secondary concern.

Do any of you notice that after such a long time things seem to be getting homonally out of whack? I'm moodier than ever, have stopped sleeping through the night all together, get hot for no reason, just generally out of sorts all together. I've added 5-htp for the depression and it has helped, and I am beginning a multi-vitamin hoping it will help, but all in all, it is almost time for a check-up and I don't really know what to ask to have checked to find out what is going on.

I'm 38 years old. That's too early to be perimenepausal insn't it? and my libido? GONE! This is another can of worms all together. HELP!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, I need some input....a girlie issue related to bc pills new
      #223943 - 11/09/05 01:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Are you wondering if BC has made your moods/bod out of whack? Is that your question? i'm not sure what you're asking but I would love to be there for ya *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#223944 - 11/09/05 01:46 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

They can do a blood test to check and see if menopause is beginning. 38 is a bit young but not unheard of! I would ask them to switch the brand of pill you are on. Are you on a monophasic pill, that means that the hormones are the same streagnth all month or a triphasic pill which is where the hormones vary through out the month? Also, vit b-6 and vit b-12 may help with the moodiness and hormonal changes.

I was on fertility drugs and the hot flashes just plain suck! Lack of sex drive and moodiness can also be caused by a lack of progesterone. I would definitly be open and honest with your dr about this. Good luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#223945 - 11/09/05 01:48 PM
bamagirl

Yes...long term use of them.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

WOW, GO MICHELE! new
      #223946 - 11/09/05 01:51 PM
Snow for Sarala

I have nothing to add! I would also talk to my doc openly and honestly about it!

*hugs* Hope you get it all figured out SOON

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks! new
      #223947 - 11/09/05 01:52 PM
bamagirl

I guess you are the resident expert on what hormones can do to a person! I think mine are the same strenght all month. I really think I'll have to see a different doctor, because the one I've been seeing is old/male (no offense to anyone reading this) and very old-school about such things. I'd rather die than tell a man my sex drive has vanished!

I saw a different doctor about a follow-up issue last year, and I think I may go back to her. She knows a lot about supplements and how they help/work with meds, and she may be just the one I need to see. I do know something is WAY off hormonally though! And HOT!!! Lord, I am hot!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Hot as in temperature - burst into flames hot ! Just as an explanation!-nt- new
      #223949 - 11/09/05 01:52 PM
bamagirl

--------------------
God is Faithful!

You are so sweet! I needed that hug! Hope I didn't burn you! -nt- new
      #223951 - 11/09/05 01:53 PM
bamagirl

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Youch! Anyone else feel that n-t new
      #223953 - 11/09/05 01:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks! new
      #223954 - 11/09/05 01:57 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, the hot flashes were killing me this summer!! My skin would turn BEAT red and I'd be dripping in seconds! Crazy!!

Well, yep, I'd say its time for a new dr! If yours is an older male and kind of a fuddy duddy, you need to find someone you can talk to openly. I have found the women obgyns tend to LISTEN better to these types of things! Don't be shy, they are there to help! Believe me, after 2 years of fertility stuff, NOTHING is sacred anymore!

In fact, the only why I could get in to see the special high risk dr was to agree to let an intern "watch and observe." Wonderful, I'll have two men looking up my yaahoo tomorrow! LOL

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1944

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review