Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Hey, everybody!! new
      #224047 - 11/10/05 07:38 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey Ruchie!
I have Buspar, too, for the anxiety but I'm waiting for my system to calm down a little bit before I start taking it, again. It made me feel kind of funny and my attacks were getting really bad, so the doctor told me to stop taking it until I can get my gut under control a little bit. I don't know what kind of sense that makes. Wouldn't the Buspar help calm ME down, so my stomach wouldn't be in a knot all the time??
I don't know.....I'm sooo confused.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey, everybody!! new
      #224114 - 11/10/05 10:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi Michelle!

Meds work differently for everyone! Buspar may not be the right med for you. Or it may cause you GI distress when you begin taking it and calm things down once you've been on it a while. (Tegretol makes me dizzy and nauseaous for a week to 10 days every time we up the dose BUT it helps the bipolar...so I live with it. It also wreaks havoc on my IBS as well as inducing hair loss...a very rare side effect! But i would rather be emotionally stable than anything!!)

How long were on the buspar? Did a psych. put you on it?

Hope things become clearer for you soon *hugs*

How you feeling today?

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hey, Ruchie! new
      #224246 - 11/11/05 06:53 AM
anlikerm

I was only on the Buspar for a few days before I started having awful attacks. I had a better day, yesterday.....I was able to eat a little more and my doctor said that I had an abnormally small colon, since I'm so small and that I may experience more soreness than usual. My colon feels like a big sore muscle. But, today, it feels a little better. After I finally got all the gas out, I didn't feel so sick to my stomach anymore.
How are you feelin' today??
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#224296 - 11/11/05 10:40 AM
Snow for Sarala

So, wait, which meds are you on now??

I am SO glad you are feeling better...that rocks!!

Doing ok today. no sign of D...but then no sign of anything either...so I am guessing my C is back Drinking water like a fish!

Other than that, high as a kite! So I'm in a rockin mood...just hope I don't crash and burn any time soon...that's the bad part!

Enjoying it while it's here though

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#224370 - 11/11/05 01:10 PM
anlikerm

I'm glad you're doing well, today! That's awesome!! I took my Nexium for the first time today (I'm on Nexium and Elavil) and I felt wonderful for a little while, then the Diarrhea hit me. The Nexium causes diarrhea, abdominal pain and headache and I have all of it except for the headache. But, I am able to eat, again, so that's awesome!! I will take the D and abdominal pains, anyday, as long as I can eat again. I have a good couple of hours and a bad couple of hours.....but, overall it's a good day!
Take Care! Enjoy your day while it's good, too!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#224376 - 11/11/05 01:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

LOL It amazes me how we can live with so much pain! And how we can just be so very greatful for the times without it......

I think it helps tho to know it won't last forever, G-d willing!

Any weekend plans? I'd better start the chicken cause I'm running out of time to make it!!!! Ahhhh! It's almost 3:00!

Write ya agin soon...enjoy your weekend *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#224494 - 11/12/05 09:12 AM
anlikerm

AHHHH, I keep losing this thread. I'm doing okay today. Rough morning from 9:00-12:00, but am finally able to eat. I went too long without eating, yesterday (18 hrs) , because of the acid reflux and my stomach was so empty that it was making me feel sick, if that makes any sense. No weekend plans. My hubby is working......maybe next weekend we will get out and do something.
You can email me at merchantg@comcast.net, if I lose this thread, again.
Hope you're feeling well today!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2172

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review