All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Michele - how are the twins today? Update please! -nt-
      #223496 - 11/07/05 08:26 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

where are you girl?? new
      #223509 - 11/07/05 09:55 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I hope your not to sick today! Hope you and the babies are doing good!

Take care hon!

HUGS

--------------------

Re: Had genetic counslers appt today new
      #223510 - 11/07/05 10:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

They called and moved my appt up a week so WIll and I met with the genetic counsler this morning. Its a very depressing appointment! Basically at my age (35) I have a 1/200 chance of having a baby with Downs. This is soley based on age. Neither WIll or I have any genetic "issues" in our families. What it boils down to is this, they won't do CVS on identical twins unless I drive an hour to a hospital in down town detroit because the procedure is difficult. They can do CVS at this other hospital between 10-12 weeks. It will ONLY show a genectic disorder like Downs, not any of the spinabifida (sp?) disorders. The CVS is done similiar to amnio but they are taking out a piece of the placentato test instead of the amnioctic fluid. If we wait to do amnio, it can't be done until at least the 16th week. Either test takes 2 weeks for the results. So, if amnio showed a problem, I would be 18 weeks MINIMUM. At which time, if I decided to terminate one or both of the babies, they would give them a solution to stop there hearts and then induce labor and make me deliver my dead babies. Umm, no. Don't think I could do that at all.

The amnio itself has the same chance of causing me to miscarry from the procedure, than the chance of my baby actually having something wrong. So, as it stands right this second, I don't think I'll be doing any of the genetic testing.

I'm feeling pretty rough. I spent a lot of time on the couch this weekend. I did get to Motherhood and bought a few pairs of pants and a couple fo long sleeve t-shirt things that were on sale. The maternity pants are so much more comfortable then my regular pants! I'm already starting to get VERY thick in the middle and stick out a bit! I read that the women carrying twins will measure at 28 weeks as big as a women carrying a single baby at 40 weeks!! I'm going to be a house!! LOL!!!

So, now we go in tomorrow for the high definition ultrasound and than hopefully I can get in to see the high risk dr's. I'm a bit frustrated because the RE won't really discus anything pregnancy related right now because that isn't her job. The regular obgyns don't want to take me because I'm too high risk and the high risk dr's are dragging there feet about letting me into there practice! Very, very frustrating!! If I don't have an actual doctor for the pregnancy by the end of the week, I'm going to have to start getting nasty!

Ok, I just had a call from Rachel and she had her baby! Everything is good, she asked me to post details for her so I'm going to start another thread for her!!! YAY!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

No one can tell you what to do but I opted out of these tests... new
      #223513 - 11/07/05 10:09 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

There is such a high false positive that I've had MANY friends worrying over issues that came up "possible" in tests, that never came to be true at all once the baby was born. My conclusion was that there was nothing that would make me terminate the pregnancy, and that I was taking utmost care of myself regardless, so besides ultrasounds I opted out of the others, and you do have that option, it's up to you. I would rejoice and not worry over odds if I were you!! What were the odds you'd have these babies at all? And you've beat those! Thank you Lord!!

Big hugs to the sick Mommy, I feel for ya, I was sick all 9 mos - no first trimester stuff for me. But you won't even remember it, I promise.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: No one can tell you what to do but I opted out of these tests... new
      #223517 - 11/07/05 10:14 AM
michele

Thanks Michelle. The screening tests DO have a high rate for false positive but if you actually have amnio or CVS the false positive rate is les than 1%. But, I'm of the same mindset as you, I don't think they could tell me anything to make me terminate so why subject me and my babies to the procedures? I'll continue to have ultrasounds and if something seems odd there than I can re-evaluate but until then, I'm just going to assume that my babies are healthy!

--------------------

#223525 - 11/07/05 10:32 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am with Michelle...if for some act of God (and it would have to be an act of GOD! 0 we get pregnant, I won't do any of those tests. Nothing would make me decide to terminate the pregnancy so I would spend lots of time worrying. Remember I am 42 so I know they would hound me to do all of that for sure.

I have the strangest feeling that I will be pregnant at 44. Not sure why but the feeling doesn't go away!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Is the test painful?? new
      #223527 - 11/07/05 10:46 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm 30 and haven't had children yet, and I'm hoping to become stable enough to have kids by the time I'm your age. So, I was just wondering if it's a painful test?? Or just blood test or something like that..

Congratulations to you, too! I don't believe I have told you, yet. I'm new to the boards.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#223529 - 11/07/05 10:47 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Hi Michele! I hope they get you a regular doctor SOON! Geez. Start being pushy! :P

And - like everyone else, I would definately NOT worry about your babies having any problems - that can only make things worse! Keep thinking about your healthy babies! I would definately opt out of the tests if you can. There is no reason to make you worry. I cringe at the thought of an amnio!

Now I have to go read your post on Rachel! Woo hoo!

--------------------
~Cara~

Amnio... new
      #223532 - 11/07/05 10:54 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I guess it would depend on your pain tolerance...
for an amnio, you lay on the table, they clean your tummy...use an ultrasound to monitor/watch your baby...and stick a long thin hollow needle into your belly and through the amniotic wall and into the sac of fluid around your baby. That fluid is what they take out....the baby will make more, but it still can be very dangerous. It takes ahwile, and someone REALLY experienced should do it.

I've heard people complain of cramping and pinching pain...I would think it would hurt to stick that long of a needle into your belly....but I don't know and hopefully never will!

--------------------
~Cara~

Me too...watched too many false positives worry folks sick! new
      #223536 - 11/07/05 11:04 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I know you will do what is best for you and your precious ones!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Holy Cow! new
      #223537 - 11/07/05 11:09 AM
anlikerm

That does not sound like fun at all......
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#223550 - 11/07/05 12:08 PM
michele

No, amnio isn't any fun at all. And, since I'm carying twins, even though they are identical, I'd have to have it done twice!! The want to draw fluid from each sac! Apparently, even though they came from the same fertilized egg, one of them could develop a chromosonal problem the other doesn't have because the cells don't always divide properly, which is what causes most genetic problems to begin with!

--------------------

#223551 - 11/07/05 12:12 PM
michele

I can opt out of the tests, no one can force me to do them. I'm sure when I finally get settled with a dr, I'm going to have to defend my decision but thats ok. The amnio could give me peace of mind that everything is ok but I still don't want to risk the complications that go along with it. Besides, after the fertility treamtments, daily shots and daily blood draws, I've had enough of needles for a while! And the amnio needle is a BIg needle!

--------------------

#223557 - 11/07/05 12:49 PM
anlikerm

I'm sorry that you have to go through that but I will pray for a good outcome. I hope you have two identically beautiful and healthy babies!! I'm so jealous! I'm very happy for you. I was watching your posts a while back when you were trying to get pregnant and when you actually got pregnant I even got excited for you....not even knowing you.....but, then you said you were having IDENTICAL TWINS....I almost cried....That's such a blessing!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#223579 - 11/07/05 02:15 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

oh my goodness youre expecting twins?? wow--thats fantastic! sorry i dont keep up much with news!! *keeping good thoughts*

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#223596 - 11/07/05 03:05 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Michele,
I was 36 years old when I had my youngest child. I refused all of the tests because I wasn't going to abort my child anyway; no matter what. But, everything turned out just fine and my son was born without any problems at all.

A friend of mine who I went to school with, also had a baby at that age. (Same time as me.) This woman had high blood pressure and it was a difficult pregnancy, but everything turned out perfect.

I know it's impossible not to worry, but try to stay positive.
Terri

#223597 - 11/07/05 03:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Michele! The only advice I have is to trust yourself on this one...you WILL make the RIGHT decision *hugs*

Terri, how many kids do you have? I think it's great that we can start having kids at these ages...it gives me HOPE *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie........... new
      #223625 - 11/07/05 08:00 PM
MissS

Hi Ruchie. To answer your question, I have 3 children. Patrick was my last child and like I said, he was born when I was 36 years old. Honey, you should definitely have hope! Yes, ALWAYS have hope!
Terri

Re: Ruchie........... new
      #223629 - 11/07/05 08:26 PM
Snow for Sarala

Awww! Thanks Terri *hugs*

I'm gonna be 27 this month. And I am stil not stable on my bipolar meds. First I have to get stable then I have lots of work to do on me re. the abuse I've been though befoe I will be emotionally ready to have kids. THEN we have to make sure I'll be ok going off meds and that there will be a plan in place cause you can't be on the meds while you're preg.

Thank you SO SO much for the hope *hugs* I will try..it's not always easy though...

How are things with you? Sending only good things your way...

Love you!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#223635 - 11/07/05 09:49 PM
MissS

Sweetie,
You just keep on trying. My goodness, you are such a STRONG young lady and I have no doubt whatsoever, that you will continue to grow and get even stronger. At 27, you still have plenty of time to take care of yourself and have babies when the time is right.

You're smart for making sure you're ready and getting yourself in tip top shape mentally and emotionally. I admire you so much. I read all your posts and I have a lot of respect for you as well as so many others on this board. So many of you have struggled so much, but yet you keep on trying and you don't give up.

I know it's not easy at all, but somehow, we all seem to make it.

You asked how I'm doing. Well, I'm doing very well. Thanks for asking.

Big hugs back to you,
Terri

#223655 - 11/08/05 07:05 AM
Snow for Sarala

I went to your profile to e-mail you but it's not there....

Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement I need it *hugs*

I'm glad you're doing so well! ! ! How are your kids?

Sending you LOTS of love and only good things,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Had Ultrasound Today! new
      #223661 - 11/08/05 07:34 AM
michele

Will and I went to the hospital to have a better ultrasound done of our babies. It is CONFIRMED that each baby is in his/her own amniotic sac within the corrion but that they are sharing one placenta. The fact that they are in their own amniotic sacs is VERY good! Its 98% sure they are identical but it isn't unheard of for fraternal twins to develop like this. I wish I had a scanner so I could post the pictures from today! Thing One (oppossed to Baby A as the dr's call them) was laying on his/her side so we got a great profile shot. Thing Two (baby B) had his back to us so we could really see his/her spine! They are almost the same size now and both measuring exactly 8.2 weeks!!! I forgot to ask what thier heartrates were but you could see them beating away on the screen!!!

Everything looks great! I follow up with the RE tomorrow and I'm going to pitch a fit about getting me an appt with the high risk dr's NOW!!!! All day baby sickness (morning sickness is such bologny, I wish I was only sick in the morning!) is here without a doubt. I was dry heaving in the shower this morning and couldn't keep down my water for the ultrasound. They ended up doing a transvaginal one. I managed to eat a few bites of breakfast afterwards and so far its staying down. The nausea is constant. We have a bunch of patients scheduled this afternoon at the office and I've no idea how I'm going to manage without puking on anyone!

--------------------

glad you decided against it.. and a note... new
      #223662 - 11/08/05 07:36 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

my coworker having twins is at 26 weeks and she is as big now (103 pounds not pregnant and tiny person to begin with) as she was with her last child at full term... kinda spooky to see you put that statistic in here... but she's doing well and the extreme fatigue is not as bad as it was earlier in the pregnancy when her doc took her off work (he pulled her about 4 weeks ago, so 22 weeks, but she was working full time eves and had 3 kids she was chasing during the days!)

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Michelle, I'm just smiling so big!!! new
      #223668 - 11/08/05 08:35 AM
bamagirl

You hang in there with that nausea! You're in for the ride of your life!! I'm sooooo happy for you! I'll be praying for you and the babies and that the doctor will get you something to help with the sickness.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Michelle, I'm just smiling so big!!! new
      #223669 - 11/08/05 08:53 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

yay michele i'm so happy for you!

I'm sorry the all day sickness sucks but before you know it you'll have two beautiful babies!! woooooooooohoooooooooo

--------------------

Re: Had Ultrasound Today! new
      #223670 - 11/08/05 08:53 AM
MissS

Oh Michele, this is such great news. I'm so dadgummed happy for you!
Terri

Michele new
      #223674 - 11/08/05 09:02 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Hey Michele,
Sounds like things are going really well for you, I couldn't be happier. I was just discussing twins this past weekend, as my sister-in-law said she almost expects it. In my husbands family, both of their grandparents had more than one set of twins, and already one cousin has had twins. We all say "we hope we don't have twins", but really---healthy babies in any order will do!! I have a friend who is 6.5 months pregnant, and LOOKS 9.5 months pregnant, but is completely happy and healthy. She's short too so that makes her look even bigger.
Anyway, of course now that I've decided I want to have a baby ASAP, I can't think of anything else! This is the first month ever that I am keeping track of my cycle. I keep thinking "Wouldn't it be great if it happened this month?" but I don't want to get my hopes up or have unrealistic expectations. Too bad pregnancy tests aren't cheap, as I will probably go through 10 of them this month!

Ginger

P.S. did I tell you I got that pre-seed stuff? High approval rating from my husband! (And me!)

--------------------

what is preseed? -nt- new
      #223678 - 11/08/05 09:12 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

Oh yay.....I am so excited for you!~nt~ new
      #223680 - 11/08/05 09:51 AM
poochibelly

--------------------

Re: Thanks Ginger new
      #223707 - 11/08/05 11:13 AM
michele

I'm glad you like the Pre-seed! It worked for us!!! Fraternal twins can run in families and we also have several sets in mine. However, identical twins are just a "fluke" of nature, a very good fluke if you ask me!!

I ordered all my "supplies" from that web site and the pregnancy tests and opk's were relatively cheap! I'm going to give it a few more weeks than all my left overs will be up for grabs!! I'll send some fresh baby dust your way for now!!

--------------------

Re: Pre-seed is new
      #223708 - 11/08/05 11:17 AM
michele

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pre-seed.html
basically a sperm friendly lubricant! If a women isn't producing enough fertile cervical mucus, the sperm can die before they meet the egg. Pre-seed not only works as a good lubricant it also provides the sperm a friendly environment to swim and live until the find the egg!

--------------------

This is terrific news! new
      #223723 - 11/08/05 12:18 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Everything sounds like it's going well! This is your time, Michelle!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Glad to hear... new
      #223749 - 11/08/05 01:25 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

that everything is progressing so well! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see those babies. Since I am one of the closest to you I can actually come and help you out! Aren't all the rest of you just jealous!! Anyways glad to hear things are going well and maybe you feel better soon so we can go do some holiday shopping or whatever!

Oh rub it in why don't you??????????????????~nt~ new
      #223768 - 11/08/05 02:06 PM
poochibelly

--------------------

Yahoo, Michele! new
      #223795 - 11/08/05 03:37 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm so glad everything is going so well for you! I know it must have been exciting to see the babies on the ultrasound. Sounds like everything is progressing well.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with nausea. It really should pass soon. Hang in there---and just enjoy every moment!

Yaay, Michele! new
      #223807 - 11/08/05 04:18 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I'm so excited for you.

I remember those days of "morning" sickness...UGH! Just hang in there and it will pass with time. I used to eat some crackers every morning before getting out of bed. You will probably also notice that lots of smells will make you sick, too.

Take care of those two precious babies.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Had LAST appt with RE today! new
      #223864 - 11/09/05 07:17 AM
michele

I saw the RE for the last time today! She did a pelvic and said my uterus feels more like 12-14 weeks than 8.5 weeks! She said thats normal with twins though! She was very sweet and said I'm only the 3rd set of identical twins she has had in her practice! She said she would fax some more stuff over to the high risk dr's today and if they haven't called me for an appt by the morning to call her back and she will call there and get me in! She still wouldn't give me anything for the nausea until after the high risk dr's have seen me. She said everything looks fine and is progressing right on schedule and she doesn't see any reason why I won't carry the babies! She said to be sure to keep her updated and bring the babies in for a visit after they are born. So, barfing aside, all is good!

--------------------

#223868 - 11/09/05 07:30 AM
bamagirl

Such great news!! I am just sooo excited for you!! Keep barfing!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#223873 - 11/09/05 07:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

I was gonna post and ask how you're doing today, but I thought you'd be sick of being asked...I'm SO glad you're not cause we LOVE hearing from you!!! *hugs*

Michele, I am just SO very happy for you! You are such a special person and you deserve all the wonderful things that are happening for you right now *big hugs*

Keep us updated on everything, ok?? I love your daily reports!!!

I cannot wait for you to get on some nausea meds! I keep thinking about you sitting there feeling so awful. Then again, I'm thrilled for the reasons behind it

Keep taking care of yourself and your precious babies! How fortunate they are to be brought into the world by YOU!

Sending you some peppermint oil (for the nausea...works for me!) and lots of love and a call from the doc SOON!

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Great news! I'm so happy for you.--nt-- new
      #223880 - 11/09/05 08:24 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Congratulations! new
      #223882 - 11/09/05 08:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey that's great! Hope you get to see the OBGYN soon...those twins sound like double the trouble already.

Re: High Risk OBGYN called! new
      #223883 - 11/09/05 08:39 AM
michele

I have an appt tomorrow at 2:30!!!! Not exactly the best time but my boss is being cool about it! Will has rescheduled an appt he had as well so he can go with me! I'm seeing the head dr in the practice, Dr. Lorenze. I've heard he is a bit of a geeky kind of guy that wears a bow tie but I've heard he is THE doctor to see. Finally, my babies will have a doctor and maybe now I can get some nausea medication!!

--------------------

Yay! new
      #223892 - 11/09/05 10:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's good news. Good luck for tomorrow!

My Gi doc wore a bow-tie! He always reminded me of the very very English drunk guy off the West Wing....

About time!-nt new
      #223894 - 11/09/05 10:20 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Re: High Risk OBGYN called! new
      #223895 - 11/09/05 10:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

I am SOOOOOOOO GLAD!!! Bow tie and all...hope he IS the best doc for you and your twins...

Michele, keep us posted

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

GREAT NEWS!! Let us know how it goes -nt- new
      #223915 - 11/09/05 12:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which ones of us are you going to name the babies after?~nt~ new
      #223934 - 11/09/05 01:08 PM
poochibelly

--------------------

Re: Good girl!!! new
      #223936 - 11/09/05 01:11 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I'm glad you and your babies are getting the best.
Love and hugs and barf free thoughts (I had those for Cara, you are now the new lucky receiver of them)
Alicia.

--------------------

This makes my day!!! This is such a bright spot on the boards!! -nt- new
      #223942 - 11/09/05 01:24 PM
bamagirl

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Baby names new
      #223948 - 11/09/05 01:52 PM
michele

Well, I am open to suggestions here!!!! I'm stuck on Alex and Andrew for boys. But, it must be ANDREW not Drew or Andy. Will isn't thrilled with them. He likes his dead relatives names Sven and Arnie, ummm NOPE!! Maybe Arnie for a middle name but no way am I calling my boy Sven!!! We both like Jake but not with our last name which is Brake, Jake Brake just isn't doable! Will likes Zeek, not sure how I feel about that but again, doesn't jive well with Brake!

For girls, I'm liking Isabel Irene, Madelyn Marie, Olivia Lyn, Veronica not sure middle name with Veronica. My middle name is Marie, my moms name is Lyn Marie and my Grandma is Irene Marie. I'm just not sure! Suggestions and comments welcome, don't be afraid to offend me!!!!

--------------------

Oh what a topic! My first son was in this world almost 72 hours before we made up our mind! -nt- new
      #223952 - 11/09/05 01:55 PM
bamagirl

--------------------
God is Faithful!

The Name Book...by Dorothy Astoria is awesome!~nt~ new
      #223959 - 11/09/05 02:36 PM
poochibelly

--------------------

#223963 - 11/09/05 02:50 PM
Snow for Sarala

For a boy, how bout Glenn (it means valley) or Kyle (it means handsome/near the chapel/ and narrow/straight)?

For a girl...Abbey (it means father's joy!) Paula (it means petite)

I'm REALLY into names and their meanings

Whatever you choose will be beautiful and very special *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#223996 - 11/09/05 08:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

if you like Jake but it does work what about Jack or Jackson. Its similar and sounds better with your last name.

--------------------

Very cool! Let us know what happened!~nt~ new
      #223999 - 11/09/05 08:09 PM
poochibelly

--------------------

Gee Ruchie....dontcha think they should name one of the babies Rachel?~nt~ new
      #224000 - 11/09/05 08:10 PM
poochibelly

--------------------

#224003 - 11/09/05 09:04 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I love your girls' names! I love sort of old fashioned names for girls. If I had some I'd name them Lily and Grace (and middle names for various relatives and stuff). Not that I'm pg or anything!

I hope I don't have any boys, cause I wouldn't have the faintest clue what to name them... Also the trouble with names that can be shortened is they WILL be shortened.. there won't be much you can do about it. I have two friends, Eddie and Nick, whose mum's HATE the shortened versions of thier names... but that's just what they're called now.. :'
Heh, if only it was Sylvester and Arnie... you'd have yourself a little action movie duo!
Come to think about it, there's two names i like for boys.. Scott and Sebastian.

--------------------
*Emma*

I love Olivia Lyn, very pretty!! -nt- new
      #224011 - 11/09/05 09:56 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#224025 - 11/10/05 05:06 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hey!

lily is a really popular name here in the states. the elementary school I work in has at least one lily in every classroom! must be cause its a pretty name!

--------------------

#224050 - 11/10/05 07:43 AM
michele

Thanks Girls!! We just can't really decide right now!! I think we will wait to know the sexes before REALLY getting into it! I've got a feeling this is something that WIll and I are going to have a difficult time agreeing on! We'll have to come up with something because we can't go on calling them Thing one and Thing two!!

I know I bought a baby's name book last year but I put all that kind of stuff away after the 2nd miscarriage and can't seem to remember where in the heck I put it! LOL!! Baby brain right now, can't remember ANYTHING! This morning in the shower, I sprayed shaving cream on my loofa instead of shower gel and couldn't figure out why it wasn't lathering! DUH!!!

My appt is this afternoon at 2:30. I'm not sure if I'll make it back to the office today or not. If not, I'll be sure to post tomorrow morning on how it goes!!

--------------------

#224066 - 11/10/05 08:16 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Good let us know how the appt goes. The net is a wonderful source for names - that's where we found Quinlan's name. I love Irish and Celtic names (my heritage), so I found some good websites and printed them out. Hubby and I highlighted the ones we liked. I was so stubborn with Liam - as soon as I was pregnant I knew it was going to be a boy and that I was going to name him Liam. Poor hubby didn't have a chance. So when Quinlan came along, he made a top 5 list and we went from there. I was totally lost with girls names. Quinlan just kept coming back and back and I began to like it. At first, I didn't like it at all. Now, I can't imagine naming her anything else. (The other 4 names were Moira, Kiera, Bria and ????? I forget. I always liked Leah but with Liam, it wasn't possible.

--------------------

thats great news! new
      #224072 - 11/10/05 08:36 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

and good luck with the RE! you have plenty of time to come up with names!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#224127 - 11/10/05 11:48 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

We are having a girl(after 7 sonograms, I hope they're right!) and naming her Zoey Qwynne. If it was a boy, it would have been Riley Thomas. But, I like different names. Our first daughter's name is Dylan Hillery. I also like Aidan for a boy and Rhiannon for a girl. But, it's such a fun thing to do. Buy one of those name books you can pick up at the Target/Wal Mart/K Mart checkout; there are lots of cool ones in those too! Hope you are feeling well. I am 37 wks along and WAITING for this baby to come out........could be 5 more weeks though. AUUGHHHH!!!!!!!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

No way! new
      #224142 - 11/10/05 12:48 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Christianne- The little one in my profile is Zoe. I love the name . It took 4 or 5 sonagrams for her to show herself too, lol. If she was a boy she was going to be Thomas Lloyd. If there is a next time, which lately we hope, it better be a boy since we don't have any girl names left.

#224144 - 11/10/05 12:54 PM
torbetta

I love Andy over Drew too. I have a cousin named Andy and another cousin that named her son Andy. It gets a little confusing at family reunions when my cousin is actually here. I love Madelyn too . We went with the traditional spelling of Madeline after my grandmother. I like the lynn sound at the end over the line sound but maybe that's because I always heard it the other way. I just loved naming my girls after a family member, especially my grandma Maddie. I also love and I mean love Isabel and Olivia. We talked about Olivia briefly with one of the girls but we knew a few too many at the time.

#224147 - 11/10/05 01:03 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

My daughter's name is Quinlan. I'm sure it'll get shortened to Quin when she's a teenager.

--------------------

Hint, hint new
      #224162 - 11/10/05 03:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

Well..if Michele chooses the name of a "famous"board member...someone feel left out j/k!

Whatever you choose Michele...it will be beautiful, special, and PERFECT!!!!!!

But, y'know...Rachel DOES have a certain ring to it...and she was quite special in the Bible...

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: No way! new
      #224381 - 11/11/05 01:37 PM
michele

I also like Zoe but have a cat named Chloe and thought it might get confusing!!! LOL!!!

--------------------

Re: No way! new
      #224399 - 11/11/05 02:29 PM
torbetta

We like Chloe too but your right that Zoe and Chloe just sound too close.

Re: Hint, hint new
      #224402 - 11/11/05 02:32 PM
michele

Actually Rachel IS a lovely name!!!! I had a good friend in high school named Rachel.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 755 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41073

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review