All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Todays appt update on babies!
      #222744 - 11/02/05 10:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Everything looks fabulous!! Babies were measuring about 9.5mm, so they about tripled from there 3.5 size a week ago!! Heartrates went from 116 & 118 to 144 & 150, which is great. The RE wants me to go to the hospital next Tuesday morning for a hig definition ultrasound to see if we can see some more detail as far as if they are in there own sacs and if they are sharing a placenta, which we believe to be the case. Then, the RE will see me in her office next Wednesday for an exam. I'm waiting for the high risk obgyns to review my file and call me with an appt. I then have an appt on the 21st with the genectic counslers to talk about which tests we will have done, such as CVS or Amnio.

I'm feeling VERY ill, I'm so nauseous ALL day and night and can barely eat. She won't give me anything right now until after I talk to the high risk obgyns. So, I just have to due the best I can for now. I'm trying to at least stay hydrated. Everything though is looking good right now so I'm just as happy as can be!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I love your updates new
      #222759 - 11/02/05 10:30 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I'm so thrilled I can hardly stand it and just keep on praying as I would for any pregnant Mommy & her baby (babIES)!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

It is so awesome to hear the confidence in your "voice"!~nt~ new
      #222763 - 11/02/05 10:35 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Todays appt update on babies! new
      #222769 - 11/02/05 11:23 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

This is such FABULOUS news Michele!!!!!!

Keep us posted...

Ooooh..your'e PREGNANT! Nausea, not keeping anything down...I'm almost happy about that

Love to you and your twins!!!!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

thats wonderful news.. new
      #222771 - 11/02/05 11:27 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

hopefully soon they'll be able to give you something for the nausea too... my friend who is due with twins in Feb has a shower on Sat and I've been thinking of you as I get gifts lined up to take...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Your posts are the first thing I look for!! What happy, happy news!!! -nt- new
      #222773 - 11/02/05 11:32 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#222774 - 11/02/05 11:43 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh wow! everything sounds as though its going BEAUTIFULLY!

WOOHOO MICHELE!

--------------------

#222779 - 11/02/05 11:55 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

That's wonderful news, Michele. Yippee!!
Terri

Yay! new
      #222780 - 11/02/05 12:05 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I'm so so so so excited for you, I can't even believe it!! This is so awesome

I know that nausea all too well - I am one of the lucky ones who still has it! When you said 'you feel like your breakfast is in your throat' -- I know EXACTLY that feeling!! I really think my food IS at the top of my throat, cuz a lot of times I burp and it comes up! (Sorry - gross)....but yes, I have been fighting nausea this whole time. I just got a new prescription for a differnt med for it -- I've tried Zofran and Meclizine and those didn't work at all...this new one is something with a V?? I dunno. Here's to hoping!

I have my sono in 2 more weeks to see how big he is!! Then I could have him any time after that! YAYAYAYAYYAYAY!

Keep giving updated about the twins! Are you going to find out if they are boys or girls when you can??

--------------------
~Cara~

Good news! new
      #222781 - 11/02/05 12:08 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I'm really glad everything is going so well....I think things always happen as they should. Congrats to you and the babies!

--------------------

#222783 - 11/02/05 12:12 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I am SOOO glad to hear about the babies & that you & they are doing well. Be encouraged, all this neasea will be well worth it in the end!! It must be an amazing feeling to be carying another life(s) in you! I hope one day to experience it myself! Take care.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: Yeah! What Michelle said!!!! -nt- new
      #222785 - 11/02/05 12:30 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Yea!!!! new
      #222786 - 11/02/05 12:36 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I'm so happy for you! I still can't believe after all you have been through...your getting TWINS!!! It's so wonderful!!! I can't wait to see pics of them come June!!! Try and post your U/S pics if you have a scaner!!!

HUGS....sorry about the ALL DAY SICKNESS!! I feel for you....I, like Cara had it the whole time. But it was so worth it!!!!

--------------------

Yay for the twins! new
      #222792 - 11/02/05 12:52 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's so cool. I'm really sorry you're feeling sick but at least it means the lima beans are growing like crazy, right? I am SO excited for you!

That special doc had REALLY better see you now...your history and now twins!

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Re: Thanks everyone!!! new
      #222796 - 11/02/05 01:24 PM
michele

I'm just so excited and relived and maybe a little scared also! TWO babies!!! Crazy!! I'm having a hard time at the computer, it makes me more dizzy and makes the room spin! I feel like I have the worlds worse hang-over! You know, have you ever been so hung over you just wished you would barf so you could feel better? Well, thats where I'm at! Like Cara said, I burp ALL the time and half the time I get a little more than I bargined for! Aw well, its all ok because I know that my babies are growing nice and strong! I'm just sipping my flat Sprite and waiting until I can go home and hold down the couch all night!

Yes, I do plan on finding out the sex of the babies. I haven't decided what tests I'm going to subject me and the babies too as far as genectic testing and such. I guess I'll see what the genectic counsler says but I'm sure they are going to suggest amnio. Its hard because neither WIll or I have any genectic issues in our families but with my age and 3 unexplained miscarriages they are saying my babies have a much higher risk of things like Downs and Cystic Fibrois and various other things. I can't even imagine going through everything I have to get this far and then be told the babies are not healthy. Aw well, I'm guess I'm getting a bit ahead of myself!! I need to assume everything is just peachy until there is actually something to worry about! Grow babies Grow!!

--------------------

Congratulations, Michele! new
      #222797 - 11/02/05 01:52 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That is wonderful news! I am so excited for you! Twins....I still can't believe it! I can't wait until you can post pics of them (from the sonogram)----or a photo of your fat tummy.

#222799 - 11/02/05 01:56 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Yah..Michele...!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Oh yeah! new
      #222801 - 11/02/05 02:05 PM
Cara4503

I bet sonogram pics with twins would be SOOO cool!!! I want to see!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Congrats new
      #222805 - 11/02/05 02:20 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Michele,

Just read your wonderful news. Congratulations. you have so much joy ahead!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#222807 - 11/02/05 02:28 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Michele - has anyone talked to you about preemies? With twins, it's a very high risk. I don't want to make you worry unduly, as I really feel you should focus on the positive, but I had a preemie, and if you ever want to talk, I'm here. If I had to tell you one thing, it's that preemies have amazing strength. I've seen 1 pound babies thrive and grow up to be normal babies. I just wanted you to know I'm here.
In the meantime.... grow babies grow! I'm so happy for you I could cry!!!!!! Hang in there with the nausea. Are you trying saltines (soda crackers?) They can really help. Try nibbling on them with some ginger tea.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#222824 - 11/02/05 03:27 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

My gosh girl, when can you work with all those appointments!!!! Don't run yourself down. Not good for babies or you.

Hope your nausea stops soon!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Godmothers new
      #222838 - 11/02/05 04:24 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

These babes are going to have a lot of Godmothers. I can't wait to see the sonogram.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Thanks everyone!!! new
      #222880 - 11/02/05 11:43 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I always thought that it was important to decide whether the tests would change anything. Like, loads of people have had Down's babies and said they wouldn't have changed anything and the kids grow up happy, etc. I guess CF would be pretty yucky - especially with the life expectancy. Personally I'd have all the tests, but that's just me. I guess that's why they have a counsellor to help you decide!

ANYWAY...these babies have got such good karma (or is that the huge amounts of prayers being sent up for them? ) they'll be fine. And Carol's right....they are going to have so many godmothering people!

Linz... new
      #222901 - 11/03/05 06:35 AM
Cara4503

Some of those tests actually pose risk to the baby. And- like the Downs one, that has a LOT of false-positives associated with it. Most people (if the doctor doesn't recommend it) do not get the test, because it's not like it's going to change anything besides making you worry like crazy for the rest of the pregnancy!

Michele may be required to because of being high-risk, over 30, etc....but if she can opt out, I definately would!

--------------------
~Cara~

Being over 30 makes us high risk?!?! new
      #222910 - 11/03/05 06:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

I'm gonna be 27 this month and we haven't even STARTED trying due to all the issues at hand...

Is this really true? Somehow I thought it was over 40!

Please be honest with me...I need to know...thanks! *hugs*

And, Michele, you are AMAZING! Watching you fight and win....you give me tons of HOPE and FIGHT to continue with my struggles towards having a family of my own one day *huge hugs* I love you!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Being over 30 makes us high risk?!?! new
      #222913 - 11/03/05 07:01 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I have seen it put at around 35. I am 30 and due in 3 wks. I still had to have all the typical tests, but usually they don't make a big deal of them until you are over 35. You are still young by today's standards to have a child, so don't worry. You'll be ok. Just start taking folic acid now if you are planning to try soon!

Good luck!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

*phew* and THANKS new
      #222917 - 11/03/05 07:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Christianne! *hugs* this makes me feel a LOT more optimistic!!!

I hope we WILL be able to try to have our own kids!! For a while all the talk was on adopting...but we will see. It's looking like we may actually be able to have our own....I'll def keep updating y'all as we go

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh sorry! :) new
      #222934 - 11/03/05 07:53 AM
Cara4503

No I didn't mean that....I mean, the older you get the more risks you have of course....but 30 is still very young. You are not automatically high risk when you turn 30 Or even 35 for that matter....they are just more precautious. I just meant with Michele's history - her doctors know everything that she has been through. Sorry about that Rache!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Cara, you have NO NEED to apologize new
      #222939 - 11/03/05 08:01 AM
Snow for Sarala

You're too sweet!! I just got confused/anxious is all

It's super to know I'm not at high risk though for years to come...so I'm glad I asked And I wouldn't have asked if you hadn't brought it up!!!

How are you feeling Cara? I'm SO THRILLED for YOU and all the mommies-to-be! Keep us posted, ok?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#222981 - 11/03/05 10:30 AM
michele

Thanks alicia. I've started to do a little research and reading on birthing twins and the possibility of preemies. I know they consider 37 weeks full term with twins and pretty much over 34-35 weeks to be ok. I'm not yet prepared for a long nicu stay or anything like that. I'm trying to take it one day at a time. Once I get settled in with my high risk obgyn, I figured I'd be able to get more info. How premature was your baby born?

One thing I'm a little concerend about is that my ankles seem to be retaining fluid already. Thats not supposed to happen this early is it? I have been eating a fair amount of salt but my hands don't seem puffy or anything, just my ankles. To the point that I have a red ridge at night when I take my socks off and my socks don't seem tight or anything. I'm going to ask the RE about it next week when I see her but did you ever expierence this?

--------------------

#222987 - 11/03/05 10:37 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Just peeked in to see this and I am so glad to hear that everything is going well. I am sorry you are so sick but take comfort in the fact that is a good sign! Take care of yourself!

Re:Testing new
      #222992 - 11/03/05 10:45 AM
michele

Actually, they consider you AMA or Advance Maternal Age at 35. The high risk obgyns that I'm going to consider you AMA at 34!!! Crazy!! Anyways, since I've had 3 unexplained miscarriages which may have been caused by genectic issues, they just don't know and I AM 35, will be just shy of 36 when I deliver actually! I guess the deal is at age 35 your chance of having a Downs Syndrome baby is 1 in 277. The chance for amnio causing miscariage is about the same. Amnio is really the only DEFINITVE test for Downs. There is what they call the three marker test, they do 2 different blood draws to check for proteins and certian levels and then a high definition ultrasound to measure the space or amount of fluid behind the baby's neck. The more space or fluid there, the higher the risk for Downs. This 3 marker test is the one that has a high probably of false positives. Something like one in 250 of these tests will come back positive but only a very small fraction actually have babys with Downs. If the 3 markers test comes out positive, then they want to do the amnio to be for sure. You can skip the 3 marker test and go right to amnio if you want but the 3 marker test doesn't hurt the baby or you at all and Amnio isn't any fun and can cause miscarriage. So, its all very hard to know what to do!

Persoanlly, I'm not sure I could terminate my pregnancy unless they tell me my kids have three heads or something not compatable with life. Although my husband has a different view. Luckily, neither one of us have any genectic issues in the family tree. I'm still not sure how much testing I'm going to do but thats why I made the appt with the genectic counsler. I need to find out if they work indepently from the labs doing the testing though. I'd hate to get biased advise from someone who can profit from the testing that they are suggesting! I'll let you know what the counsler says!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Everyone! new
      #222994 - 11/03/05 10:56 AM
michele

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone but I have to limit my computer time as looking at the screen makes me more dizzy and sick. I really appriciate everyones kind words, prayers and good thoughts. I'm feeling mighty green most of the time now and just trying to make it through my day at work. I'm not complaining as I know it means my babies are growing well. It seems to come in waves. When its supper bad, I just try to sit still and ride it out and when I'm feeling a bit better, I do what I have to do and rest. Will has been great and my boss has been understanding so its working out ok!

I wish you all lived closer though so I could take you up on the babysitting offers!! I'm a little freaked out by the fact that I don't have any family close by and none of my friends have kids! Again, I'm sure it'll all work out! Its weird, I have this funny sense of calm and acceptance about me right now. I really feel that I will carry these babies and they will be just fine and that everything is going to work out ok!! Am I dreaming? If so, don't wake me!! LOL!!

--------------------

Well....call me crazy but new
      #222996 - 11/03/05 11:10 AM
poochibelly

My husband and I are both 42 and were God to bless us with a pregnancy we would be thrilled. Terrified in once sense but happy in another.

I think due to our fertility issues "doing something permanent" isn't something we are led to do. I have the oddest feeling that I will be pregnant at 44 years of age...I have always said that God has a sense of humor!

--------------------

Re: Well....call me crazy but new
      #222997 - 11/03/05 11:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

I didn't mean to stur up so much interest/conflict

I just got nervous that I was getting old or something...that I wouldn't be able to have kids healthily...but I am SO encouraged and inspired here by all of you!!!

Plus, I just remembered.....my friend was born when her mom was in her early 50's! And she is PERFECTLY HEALTHY thank G-d!

So...I suppose I have nothing to worry about in that department

Now we just have to get me to a stage where I am healthy enough to have kids!!!! I'll keep praying for it!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Actually... new
      #223033 - 11/03/05 01:58 PM
poochibelly

I think posts like this are fun and informative. I have had the same OB-GYN for 10 years and he laughs when I tell him that I am not ready to go on the pill or anything like that. He is a Christian and believes like I do that forcing/tempting God's hand in providing us a miracle is not necessary and if God provides us with a baby then He will give us the strength and stamina to raise him.

He did say that I stand a better chance of having multiples which would be fine. He told me that he delivers babies to women well into their 40's. I have a friend who just had a baby and she is 47 years old! Wow....I can't imagine.

My husband and I are "young" 40-somethings so though we both feel our family is complete right now, another baby would be more than welcome.

--------------------

if you need help... new
      #223177 - 11/04/05 10:09 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

and I'm around I'd be happy to be there for you... my sister in law rarely brings the boys up here, and my sister lives in NY, so I won't be seeing much of Charlie either... I love babies, but know I can't have my own...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Being over 30 makes us high risk?!?! new
      #223263 - 11/04/05 11:41 PM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

I had my son at 41, my daughter at 46. They are normal. (My husband says, "Are you sure?" I never had an amnio or a sonogram, which you can now-a-days. Put your faith in God and think positive. xx

--------------------
(cool)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3841

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review