All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Michele how are the babies?
      #222218 - 10/31/05 06:55 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I am so excited for you!!! I have an identical twin sister and I'll try posting pictures later. I have to down load from my e-mail to a document file.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe pregnacny and healthy babies!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Michele how are the babies? new
      #222222 - 10/31/05 07:32 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I didn't know you were an idnetical twin??!!! How cool!! I'd love to see pictures! Were there any complications while your mom was pregnant or with labor and delivery? How many weeks was she able to carry you girls?

Well, I'm afriad morning sickness is here in full swing! Before, I was just a little headachey and tired during the day but was ok if I sipped water and munched little meals. I never really felt awful until later in the evening. I was a bit concerned because Saturday I felt pretty good. Well, Sunday I starting getting real sick and it hasn't let up. I'm not actually throwing up yet but sure do feel like I will at any second.

Luckily, WIll has been a sweatheart and really doing most of the general cleaning and cooking. So, all I have to do is make it through the day at the office and then I can go home and lay on the couch.

I go back in Wednesday for another ultrasound to make sure the babies are both growing well. I should also find out if the RE was able to get me in with the high risk obgyns at the hospital. If she did, than she will probably transfer me to there care.

We are trying to decide if we can afford an addition to our house or if its cheaper to move. Its been a bit stressful trying to figure it all out. Our house is VERY small, about 1,000sq feet. The bedrooms are so small and so is the living room. We have a nice big kitchen and dinning room but not much practical living space. Houses are just so darned expensive in this area and WIll doesn't want to move his business as he works from home. Did you and your sister share a room growing up?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#222231 - 10/31/05 07:47 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hey, girl! I'm glad that things are going OK (except for the morning sickness ) but I know how you feel about that. Keep munching and nibbling. Never let your tummy get empty. It'll just make it worse. Can you tolerate some ginger tea?
Let us know ASAP on Wednesday what the RE has to say. I'm so excited! I can't imagine how you feel!!!!!!!!
My husband is only 14 months apart from his brother and they shared a room. He said it was a good thing because they became so close. I imagine it would be similar with twins. Anyway, you have some time to figure out the living situation. You'll probably want more space by the time they're walking, but there's time before that to figure out what you want.
Hugs hugs hugs hugs and.... more hugs!!!!!!
Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#222238 - 10/31/05 08:15 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Why not move the living room to the dining room so you have more living space?

Until the kids are toddlers, I don't think a small space will be an issue. We lived in an 1100 sq foot apartment and did great until we adopted my son...at the time the kids were three and four and very mobile so we needed to buy a house but while the babies are little, I don't think the space will be a huge issue.

Of course house-hunting with two babies might be challenging too!

OK...I guess I was totally NOT helpful. I will be quiet now!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#222239 - 10/31/05 08:20 AM
michele

Thanks Alicia! I've been sipping orange juice and warm, flat vernors! I have this HORRIBLE taste in my mouth that won't go away no matter what I eat/drink or suck on!! I've been sucking on cinnamon mints but than that upset my tummy after a bit. I feel like my breakfast is in my throat and if I move to fast, its going to come out! Ah well, I'll be as sick as I need to be if it means my babies are growing!!

We can't decide if its best to expand/move before the babies or wait and see how much money the babies will cost and how much room we will actually need! I guess as long as the babies are loved than it won't matter if things are a bit cramped for a while!

--------------------

#222258 - 10/31/05 09:12 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hey sweetie!

I'm so glad that things are still going well for you... minus the morning sickness of course! Your posts are the first thing I look for every morning when I get on the boards! It's just so exciting to see you so happy!

Now, about the ms... I know exactly what you mean about that awful taste. Unfortunately, it doesn't go away until after the first tri... with me, I still get it a little here and there, but no where near what it was then. Have you considered those Preggie Pops that I had posted for Lyndsey? They really really work! Not only do they help with sick tummies, but they also help to get rid of that bad taste for a while (which for me was what mostly gave me an upset stomach).

Good luck feeling better and figuring out your living situation honey.. I know all too well what that's like too. Keep us updated when you can, and for sure let us know how Wednesday goes!

HUGS!!!!!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Edited by RachelT (10/31/05 09:42 AM)

Houses new
      #222270 - 10/31/05 10:15 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Could you knock down a wall and make one big living space? That always feels so much bigger than small rooms. Our house has two big rooms downstairs - kitchen/diner and lounge - and it's so much more spacious than our neighbours' houses which are still split into lots of little rooms. And a baby does NOT need a big bedroom.

Good luck with the morning sickness! I sympathise on the bad taste ...sounds horrible.

Re: Houses new
      #222300 - 10/31/05 12:30 PM
michele

Our house is already kinda open. When you walk into the back door, the one we actually use, as oppossed to the "front" door-you walk right into the kitchen. Its pretty big and there are 10 feet ceilings throughout the house which helps it feel bigger. From the kitchen is on open doorway that goes straight into the dinning room and the dinning room has a really big (almost the whole wall) opening into the front room. The front room and dinning room are roughly the same size, I'd guess about 13x10 or so. Off the front room is a very small bedroom, the one which will be the babies room. From the dining room, there is a very small kind of hallway with a small bedroom on either side and a very small bathroom in the middle. Our bedroom is SO small, we can't fit a bed and a dresser in it! So, I use that second bedroom as a dressing room with both our dressers and a make-up table for me. The closets are almost non-existant. The bathroom is SO small, I can sit on the throne and wash my face in the sink at the same time. I can also reach the tub while sitting on the throne. Its the only bathroom in the house!

What we may end up doing for now is pushing the dinning room table over to one side and get rid of the buffet we have in there. It holds all my table linens and stuff which I have no idea where I would put. But, then we can make the dinning room kinda a play area except its right in the middle of the house so would have to walk through toys all the time! Aw well, I'm sure it'll all work out somehow!! I'm pregnant and thats all that matters right now!

--------------------

#222303 - 10/31/05 12:34 PM
michele

Hey Rachel, nice to see you!! I've thought about the preggie pops but they seem to be all sour flavors and I don't like sour stuff at all!! I have to move VERY SLOWLY or I'm afraid I'm going to lose my lunch, literaly! But, if my all day sickness is any indiction as to how the babies are doing, I bet they are growing like weeds!!

--------------------

Ideas new
      #222325 - 10/31/05 01:43 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

1. Sell your dining table and buy a gate-leg one that folds to a tiny dimension and can be used as a counter against a wall.

2. Maybe sell your buffet (that's a sideboard, right?) and get bookcases/cupboards that go along one wall...it'd be less floor space than the buffet but with more storage opportunities, which you will need in a playroom!

3. Get a trunk and plenty of baskets, etc to store toys in so it's real easy to tidy up (I have looked after loads of little kids and plenty of storage is CRUCIAL to keeping things sane!).

4. As you're thinking of getting major work done anyway, think of seeing how much it would cost to have the second bedroom made into a bathroom and a door knocked from your bedroom into the current bathroom so it can be a walk-in dressing room. Just a thought. And then put fitted furniture into the dressing room so you can fit LOADS in there so you can keep your room clutter free.

5. Did I mention get LOTS of storage????

6. I assume you've already thought of getting a baby gate for the kitchen/playroom doorway? Kids can get under a boiling pan WAY faster than you'd think.

#222333 - 10/31/05 02:04 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I don't know if there were any complications with my mom's pregnancy...I'm adopted. However, 38 years ago my sister and I weigh just over 6lbs. each. My assumpation is my mom had a good pregnancy.

My sister and I grew up in different homes, but always knew each other. I would have loved to share everything with her, including a bedroom. I think it is important twins develop their own identity, but you can't break a close bond that develops with twins.

Sorry about your morning sickness. It is yucky to go through, but in the end when you see your precious babies you will forget about the miserable parts of your pregnancy.

If you want to hear something really wild. One of my co-workers is expecting her first baby at age 44!!! She has been trying for 8 years!!!

Re: Michelle new
      #222340 - 10/31/05 03:36 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I heard when you are preggers with twins that the morning sickness can be double awful. Hope yours subsides!

Also we looked into an additon on our other house and it was cheaper to actually move. We were so glad we did because we got a lot more for our money with just moving.

You'll also need some kind of SUV or van. Yikes.....
I was one of those moms that refused to drive a van. Sorry all you van owners I just couldn't do it. Now don't get me wrong they are very roomy and convenient but I just couldn't picture myself in it and felt very old in one. We ended up with a SUV and then I got another. Now my boys are older and I finally got car. (My hubby still has the SUV for snow purposes!)

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Twins everywhere! new
      #222366 - 10/31/05 06:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michele, I thought about you tonight. We had 2 sets of identical twins come to our door trick-or-treating. They were so cute!

Re: Twins everywhere! new
      #222422 - 11/01/05 07:03 AM
michele

Ah, they must have been cute! We had exactly FOUR trick or treaters and now I'm stuck looking at this HUGE left over bowl of candy!!! Luckily, sweets aren't settling well right now

--------------------

Re: Michelle new
      #222424 - 11/01/05 07:07 AM
michele

Yeah, I agree, I think its going to be cheaper to move than try to add on and fix what we have. I think we may wait until the twins are a year or so though first to see where our finances are. If complications arise and I get put on bed rest for any leagnth of time, it could wipe out our savings.

Luckily, Will is leasing a Town and COuntry Van with the sto-n-go seating!!! He needed something BIG to haul gear in for his business. I drive a Jeep Libery which is a four door so that'll be fine for running around when they are little but when we take longer trips, like to visit the parents and stuff, we can take Wills van!

--------------------

#222425 - 11/01/05 07:12 AM
michele

Six pounds for twins is a good weight!! I feel the same way, I want the twins to be there own persons but I also want them to be very close. I mean, there spending 9 months cramped up in my tummy together, they've GOT to form some sort of bond.

The morning sickness, which lasts ALL day and night is getting worse every day now. Its oddly reasurring though but makes it difficult to function. I see the Re tomorrow and will ask her about some sort of anti-nausea medication.

Congrats to your friend you is pg after 8 years of trying!!! I'm feeling a little old at 35 being pregnant, I couldn't imagine being 44. I hope her pregnancy goes well!

--------------------

Re: Ideas new
      #222429 - 11/01/05 07:16 AM
michele

Thanks Linz!! All very good ideas!! I think we will definitely get rid of the buffett and make that area into a play area when the twins get old enough to need a play area!! I agree, a toy chest and lots of baskets or carts or something to put all the mess away in! I think we are going to find it cheaper/easier to just move than try to renovate our house. It was built in 1922 and I'm not sure the foundation can support much work done to it anyways! We will probably wait a year or two though before moving to see how are finances go.

--------------------

Don't rush! new
      #222438 - 11/01/05 07:33 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

babies can make due in a limited space.... wait until they are here if you can... thats what both my sister and my cousin did.. Danit found amazing ways to make their house work for now.. I'm sure when the baby is walking (he's 11 days old) they will be moving, but at least they have some time now to make decisions iwthout dealing with hormones and more stress on a pregnant mommy... and Tali decided to wait and is going to put the house on the market when he's just under a year old...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

You had three more than I did!~nt~ new
      #222440 - 11/01/05 07:36 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Just ordered maternity pants!! new
      #222511 - 11/01/05 10:10 AM
michele

Boy, do you know how hard it is to find TALL PLUS size maternity pants??!! Wow!! Old Navy and Gap were both out of the one or two pairs I could find on there web sites. I couldn't find ANY talls on the motherhood site. I've spent HOURS looking! I finally found a JC Penny Maternity catalog that had a few pairs. I ordered a pair of low rise bootcut jeans with the shorter elastic band that goes all the way around. A pair of gray knit slacks that has a foldable band so you can wear it low or unfold it for more support when tummy gets real big! And I found a cute pair of purple cords with the low rise!! I'm so excited!! I can't button my jeans at all and I've been wearing my "fat" pants, the two pair of knit, pull up pants I usually save for bloated belly days! I've got some drawstring pants that are fine for around the house for now but I need something to wear to work!!

--------------------

Penneys new
      #222516 - 11/01/05 10:16 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Hey girl! Penneys ROCKS for maternity clothes for tall people. In store the selection isn't great - but the catalog is awesome. I bought one shirt from Motherhood, one from Old Navy - and EVERYTHING else from Penneys. I am glad you found it!

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1001 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1321

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review