All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
College students Research Project
      #222189 - 10/31/05 01:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I was approached by someone on another board I belong to with this message...

Quote:

My name is Sarah and I am a senior in college. I also happen to have chronic lyme disease. Through my time in school I have encountered many situations that have been difficult because my illness is not "visible" to others. Once I started talking to other students I realized just how many people there are in a situation very similar to mine. It is for this reason that I decided to write my senior research project on living with invisible chronic illness in college. However, I can't do this alone. I am looking for people who would be willing to participate in this study. For the qualitative part of the study I am going to ask 10 students with "invisible" illnesses to write web logs 2 times a week for 2 months (these can be protected...no one else has to see them). The purpose is to determine what aspects of college are most difficult for those with an invisible illness and what can be done to make life easier for these students. There are many things we have learned from being in college and dealing with an invisible illness. It is my hope that you will join me in attempting to pass this information on to future students. Thanks.

I'm waiting to hear from Sarah as to whether she minds her email address being posted here, but in the meantime, if you are interested, email me and I'll give you her contact details.

IBS and Fibro are both invisible illnesses that impact heavily on people in college, so a research project like this is great news...hopefully it might help people in the future!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 368 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 229

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review