All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Myers-Briggs??
      #22189 - 10/01/03 08:46 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I'm wondering if anyone here has done a Myers Briggs personality test on yourself? There are lots of websites to do this, some brief ones are free, a really detailed one you have to pay for. I just find it interesting that many of us who suffer with IBS have similarities in our personality - perfectionist, not easy to open up, don't share our feelings easily (except maybe here!), don't think our feelings are valid, deal with anxiety about many things, just generally lots of pent up "stuff" that we don't let out in productive ways and so eventually take their toll on our insides if we aren't careful! And yet those who know us would probably describe us as solid, confident people because we keep all this stuff so well hidden.

I'd taken this test in the past and answered according to the kind of person I was trying to be, thought everyone wanted me to be, etc etc, and came out with a result of ENTJ or something like that. Natural leader, life of the party, everybody's buddy kind of thing (can't remember exactly). But I took it recently in part of my attempt to get to know myself better and came out with INFJ. Very interesting!! Took a couple different versions just to see if it would remain consistent and it did. Turns out I'm complex and strange, and some of the descriptions even mention SPECIFICALLY that this type is prone to physical problems resulting from pent up feelings, etc. Pretty interesting stuff, I think! Anyone else know "what" you are?

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Myers-Briggs?? new
      #22190 - 10/01/03 08:49 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I took this test a couple years ago for a career planning course in college. I will have to check my computer when I get home and see if I still have the results!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#22199 - 10/01/03 09:49 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Sounds interesting Michelle. Do you have the website?

Re: Link to test new
      #22205 - 10/01/03 10:36 AM
ecmmbm

Well, to do the full blown Myers Briggs, you have to pay because it is quite extensive. But here are some short, free versions. What you come up with is a 4 letter combination, interesting I think.

http://bloginality.love-productions.com/index2.php

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

http://www.advisorteam.com/temperament_sorter/register.asp?partid=1

http://socionicstypeassistant.com/stc/sta.html?0:::

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#22263 - 10/01/03 04:52 PM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I did the test a few years ago and then 'officially' with myers briggs trainers about 2 months ago and I'm always the same: ENFJ. I'm extremely extroverted! hehehhe..... maybe that explains a few things!

Took it a few years ago.... new
      #22271 - 10/01/03 07:35 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

...and came up "ESTJ" - but did a self-administered version not too long ago and it was "ENTJ". I think Myers-Briggs is similar in a way to some other tests, like Florence Littauer's Personality Plus testing (I think that's what it's called). You get a duo - two of four temperament types - can't remember what they are now. One of her books describes the four personality types. When I took her test, the outcome was pretty similar to the Myers-Briggs.

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#22336 - 10/02/03 07:06 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Michelle,
I took the test and and I'm an ISFJ. I am moderately intervertated, a people pleaser that people like to take advantage of and I become a doormat. You don't know how true that is (partly why my anxiety level can get high).
I also love to help people and according to the results I am pursuing the right occupation.
I'm going to try to get my husband to take it to see how compatible we are.
Thanks for sending the info. - it was too fun.

#22337 - 10/02/03 07:19 PM
Tim G

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: NSW, Australia

I did it about a year ago and was an ISTJ.

Best
Tim

--------------------
Tim

-A poor man's Jamie Oliver...without the attitude!

#22353 - 10/03/03 03:13 AM
ecmmbm

See, we're close - I sort of thought so. We share that I and J combo which is sort of interesting, consider this quote I found: "The I and J combination, while perhaps enhancing self-awareness, may make it difficult for INFJs to articulate their deepest and most convoluted feelings."

Convoluted? You got it! A lot of the time! Glad you enjoyed it. I just found it sort of fascinating. My husband did it, but he'd done the full blown version before. He's ENTJ, and his reads EXACTLY like his job description, so he's clearly in the right career. And frankly, mine said somewhere that INFJ's make reall good parents, so whatever else "convoluted" stuff I've got going on, I'll take that!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2122

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review