All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Kristine
      #22143 - 09/30/03 06:50 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey Kristine - I've just looked at your profile. Do you really WRITE mystery fiction?! That is so cool. I just love mystery novels.

Linz (A real book-worm! )

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kristine new
      #22146 - 09/30/03 06:57 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Hi! Well, I'm trying to. I'm currently working on my first mystery novel. It's been a long and exasperating process, but I love it. I'm hoping my hard work will pay off soon.

We'll have to exchange notes on favorite mystery authors.

Kristine

#22150 - 09/30/03 07:49 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi, Kristine!

I checked out your profile, too, since you were from Pittsburgh - I resided for several years in Lower Burrell, near New Kensington.

I'm a mystery lover, too - the "gentler" whodunits, in particular, since I'm not a fan of too much gore or adult content (which leaves a pretty short list!). In fact, I'll volunteer to be your proofreader when you finish your mystery! Must be a big change from editing tech pubs.

When I lived in LB, in the early '80s, I was a regular at The Mystery Lovers Bookstore in Oakmont. Ever been there? I understand they have a coffee bar now and book signings, etc. Apparently, they're quite supportive of the genre - and enjoy giving local authors a boost!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#22151 - 09/30/03 07:51 PM
Tim G

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: NSW, Australia

Hi Kristine,

What a coincidence, two budding authors in one place (albeit different genres). I am approx 80,000 words into my first draft of a Dark Fantasy Fiction novel that I started in early March.

I had to set it aside for a while when my IBS hit hard, but have been back into it since mid-September and with a bit of luck and a following wind hope to have the first draft complete by end of December.

I have always wanted to write, but somehow lost my way and ended up in computers. I am glad I have finally found the path again!!

All the best
Tim

--------------------
Tim

-A poor man's Jamie Oliver...without the attitude!

#22179 - 10/01/03 06:14 AM
Kristine

Kaybee...you are so sweet. Thanks for the generous offer!

The Mystery Lovers Bookshop is a great place. It's been a great resource for me. The owners, Mary Alice and Richard, are so helpful (and very informed about the industry!). I'm there all the time. I'm in a critique group and also belong to the Pittsburgh chapter of Sisters in Crime, which are both based at the bookshop. They've really done alot in ways of attracting authors and hosting events. Check out their website (www.mysterylovers.com) to see what's new.

I like the softer whodunits, too. In fact, that's what I'm writing. I just posted my e-mail on my profile. Feel free to write to me any time and we can chat!

Kristine

#22180 - 10/01/03 06:18 AM
Kristine

Tim, That's great that you've gotten back into your writing again. It sounds like you're moving right along. I'm actually shooting for a December deadline, too. Writing fiction for me is an escape, a great way to unwind when my IBS flairs up or when the stress of work and life gets me down.

Good luck! Keep me posted on your progress. If you need anything, feel free to e-mail me. I've found the support of other writers to be critical in keeping my sanity.

Kristine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1196

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review