All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Michelle?
      #219359 - 10/13/05 11:59 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

How are you today? I am continuing to pray for you during this hard time. I know how frustrating it can be. We are all here for you if you need anything.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks Joy new
      #219374 - 10/13/05 12:55 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Honestly, I'm not doing so well. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm having a lot of cramping and I'm not nearly as nauseous or dizzy today.

I've been having a lot of other problems lately and now I'm wondering if they are all related. I've been seeing several different dr's for different things. I went back to the foot dr for some new orthodics and was talking to him and he mentioned connective tissue disease. Ok, whatever. Then I've been fighting what we thought was a terrible case of pink eye for about THREE weeks now. Well, the opthalomogist doesn't think its pink eye now, he thinks its being caused by imflammation. He mentioned connective tissue disease. Ok, two different, unrelated, dr's in less than two weeks mentions this so I've been checking it out.

Some of you may remember the nasty fall I had last fall, when I really messed up my ankle. That develpoed into RSD, reflex sympathtic dystrophy. I've always been prone to bad ankle sprains and chronic tendonitis, which I've done multiple cortisone injections and rounds of physical therpay. Most recently, I've been struggling with bursitis in my hips, again more cortisone injections and more physical therapy.

Then, I've been having some issues with memory loss and fatigue, thought due to fertility treatments. Now, I find out that connective tissue disease can cause repeated miscarriages. Its also linked to bowel problems, depression and mood swings. It can also cause low grade fever, my temp is always a bit elevated. I have so many of the symptoms and I bet none of the dr's ever connected everything because I see so many different dr's!

I'm definitely going to ask the RE about it when I see her in 2 weeks. I will probably also make an appt with an arthritis dr as I guess they are the ones you actually diagnosis connective tissue disease.

In the meantime, I'm just waiting to see what will happen and hoping for the best. I won't know anything for sure for a little while. I'll have another blood test next Wednesday and and ultrasound in two weeks. However, if the cramping gets any worse, I will call but I know she is out of town and there isn't anything they will be able to do anyways. Thanks for asking about me though, I appriciate it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele new
      #219384 - 10/13/05 01:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I just emailed my Mom to see if she has any advice for you.... she has connective tissue disease & lupus.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Michele new
      #219425 - 10/13/05 08:54 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I just emailed my Mom to see if she has any advice for you.... she has connective tissue disease & lupus.

This is from my Mom....

Quote:

I think she is on the right track. She needs to include a RA DR. to rule out connective tissue disease.
She should just take care of herself just like anyone who is pregnant.
Love Mom!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Hi Michele new
      #219426 - 10/13/05 09:07 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that you are still in my thoughts, and I really do hope that this works out for you.
I don't know anything about connective tissue disease, but I do hope they figure out if it is something linking everything together and can get busy on a plan to help you out!
You really have been through a helluva lot this last little while, you are a very tough cookie to deal with all of this as well as you have!

Good luck, and keep us updated!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I want to echo this - keep checking in to see how you are new
      #219437 - 10/14/05 04:42 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Lots of prayers going up, take care of yourself and know we are here! I am still thinking POSITIVELY about all this!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Try to stay positive new
      #219438 - 10/14/05 04:45 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I am so sorry that you are going through such a rough time. I really do hope that this one sticks. I would definitely mention the connective tissue disease to either your RE or PCP. Maybe both. I would definitely want to know more.

Know that we are all here for you. You are in my prayers.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Wow.... new
      #219445 - 10/14/05 06:05 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Michelle...what a bunch of stuff to be going through! If identified as such, you can begin whatever it takes to heal this problem and press on.

I still just think this baby is going to make it. I am praying!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Thanks SHellMar new
      #219466 - 10/14/05 09:43 AM
michele

I'm sorry to hear your mom as CTD and Lupus, thats got to be hard! I do plan on talking to the RE about it when I see her on the 26th and then plan on seeing a RA doctor! Thanks!!

--------------------

Re The plan for now!
      #219468 - 10/14/05 09:48 AM
michele

Ok, so I saw my shirnk last night, she always helps me to put things in perspective! I'm going to continue on as if everything is just fine until I KNOW for certainity that it isn't. I'm not really telling many people, my mom and my best friend and my boss are about the only ones outside of all my "cyber" friends that know. I AM still feeling pregnant and my progesterone, which has been the problem in the past is GREAT. I've been hearing all sorts of stories about women who's beta's didn't double every draw and they still went on the have healthy babies. So, I'm just trying to pretend like nothing is wrong and trying to keep busy and hope the next couple of weeks go by quickly.

Thanks SO MUCH for everyones continued love and support, it really means so much to me, it gives me a lot of comfort. My boss is in today so I may not have a lot of time to post and then I'll be off line for the weekend but I promise to report in Monday morning!! Everyone have a great weekend if I don't get a chance to get back on line again!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1027

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review