Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I am having a baby!
      #21916 - 09/29/03 07:07 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I am having a baby.

We have been trying for quite sometime and as a few of you know - it has been quite an emotional roller coaster....but I am happy to report we are due April 28, 2004.

We are now 10 weeks and there are has been a few rumors of twins - mostly jokes - but none the less I am scared out of my wits. LOL.

I am feeling well - I have been so fortunate and had zero for morning sickness. But I have been incredibly tired and moody. My gosh - I am just a bear - my poor husband LOL. He's praying that will pass soon!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am having a baby! new
      #21917 - 09/29/03 07:33 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Congratulations! It is the most wonderful thing that you can do! Pamper yourself NOW! We will all be here for you if you need anything! I will also keep you in my prayers for a easy pregnancy and delivery.

Again, congrats!
Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#21918 - 09/29/03 07:38 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Congrats!!! I am really happy for you. I know how you must feel. Just rejoice in this time. I know that is alot easier said than done. I can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling right now.

Have you been to the doctor yet?

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Lovejoy- new
      #21923 - 09/29/03 08:20 AM
Lana_Marie

I have been to the doctor. I just got a new doctor because I had so much trouble with my other one regarding my IBS. I had one appointment with this new one and wasn't too excited about her. But when I went back this week she really was great! I have my ultrasound booked for Nov 12. And my next doctors appointment is on Oct 22. I am supposed to be able to hear the heart beat then which I am looking forward to.

Thanks for asking,

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Christianne: new
      #21924 - 09/29/03 08:20 AM
Lana_Marie

Thank you, I appreciate it

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#21926 - 09/29/03 09:02 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That is awesome news!!!!! Wish you and your husband the best.

#21930 - 09/29/03 09:18 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

CONGRATULATIONS LANA!!!! You must be sooooo excited.

Any names picked out yet?

#21931 - 09/29/03 09:31 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

So, you learn how to cook in the kitchen, and this is what happens to ya - hmmpf! LOL (Just KIDDIN )

Congratulations to you and your hubby!

Re: CONGRATULATIONS new
      #21934 - 09/29/03 09:58 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Lana,
From what I have heard about twins, morning sickness and the signs of pregnancy are worse. Since this is your first you don't have anything to really compare to but maybe this time it will be just one. My sister's dr. said she was never sick during her pregnancies except when she was pregnant with twins. You will know for sure when that sonagram comes. You are soooo lucky not to have morning sickness. Your husband will just have to deal with the hormones part and it does pass, it just might be 9 months after the baby comes . Enjoy it, it is the only time you have an excuse without seeming to be insane .

#21937 - 09/29/03 10:03 AM
Lana_Marie

Thank you everyone for you well wishes!

Ya, Mags: I knew there was a reason I didn't want to cook too much - see what happens LOL

Nugget: I have a few names tossed around, but we haven't decided on anything just yet. We aren't telling anyone what our names are either and we aren't going to find out what we are having to keep the surprise there!

Torbetta: LOL - I don't think my husband will be too keen on the hormones sticking around for the full 9 months LOL. I will have to work on it getting better!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Edited by Lana_Marie (09/29/03 10:06 AM)

Re: Lovejoy- new
      #21942 - 09/29/03 10:45 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

You'll have to keep us updated. I know how frustrating it can be to not be thrilled with your doctor. I'm glad this last appointment seemed better. Good Luck!!!

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Re: Mama Lana new
      #21949 - 09/29/03 11:39 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Oooh, congratulations Lana!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby! But isn't it sort of an extreme excuse to get out of exercising... Although now you have two (maybe three!) people to exercise for.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Mama Lana new
      #21953 - 09/29/03 11:42 AM
Lana_Marie

LOL - Well I was so tired these past couple of weeks, but we weren't exactly telling too many people yet LOL. So that's why I wasn't exercising too. I have to give up the biking because I can only exercise until I get tired and then stop. So I don't know how I would get home if I am in the park somewhere LOL.

I think I will have to find something more low impact to do - I think I will try my exercise tape - it's pretty low impact.

But I won't be tonight. I am seriously so tired I could sleep for months LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Congratulations!!!! new
      #21989 - 09/29/03 03:30 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh Lana, this is amazing news!

I have to confess, I'm a teeny bit envious - I can't wait til my prospective hubbie and I can have babies!

You enjoy this! This is such a good reason for pampering! And a good reason for your hubbie to start to learn to cook! You might not want to be stressing over a hot stove (or eating non-IBS food) when you're nine months and huge!

Do you do yoga? There are loads of postures that are safe to do when you're pregnant. Maybe you could find a teacher that knows about these? Nice and relaxed - plus I've heard that yoga is a great way of preparing your body for the easiest delivery possible!

Best wishes and lots of virtual hugs!

Linz

Re: I'm so happy for you... new
      #22004 - 09/29/03 05:16 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

...I just can't tell you how much!

I'll email you.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#22008 - 09/29/03 05:36 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

Congratulations from me, too! What a fun and exciting time of life - enjoy every minute of it. Take pictures of YOUR growth every month - you'll have fun looking at them later. Just learned today of someone I work with expecting twins - just to be pregnant at all was a surprise so two little bodies in her sonogram was a REAL surprise! (They will be numbers 3 and 4) Many blessings for a healthy, wonderful pregnancy!
Andie

#22027 - 09/29/03 07:57 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Lana Marie,
Go ahead and get your rest now, because you won't get to sleep for the next 18 years! (Oh, it's not that bad---you do get to sleep in once or twice a year when the grandparents take the kids for you.) I'm JUST KIDDING! You know I love to kid you.
Congratulations! I am so excited for you. A litle Lana Marie! A bet your husband is excited too.
How did you find out? How did you tell your husband and family?
I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. This period of tiredness doesn't last very long. Pretty soon you will get your energy back and will be glowing. Once you hear the heartbeat, it will all be so real to you! And then you will feel those little flutters and then later those big kicks under your ribs. Oh, this is giving me goosebumps! I love babies!
The cutest little boy came in our store today and when my co-worker asked him his name, he said, "Joshua." She said, "Oh, I have a son named Joshua too, but he's a big boy." And the little boy with his big brown eyes holds up three fingers and says, "But I'm a BIG boy too!" It was so precious.

Re: Congratulations!!!! new
      #22050 - 09/30/03 06:55 AM
Lana_Marie

Thank you for your congratulations everyone:

We told our parents our family just by phoning them. They all knew we were trying. My parents were happy, but Don's parents were incredibly estatic (sp?). Don is 33 and they have been waiting for grandkids from him for years so they are extremely excited! And of course, now we have the pressure of having a girl because Don's sister is done having kids and she has two boys. Don's mom has already told me twice how nice it would be....LOL. Like we can choose.

We found out on September 15 but weren't telling everyone right away until I went to the doctor and got confirmation.

We are very excited! Thank you for sharing this with me

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#22053 - 09/30/03 07:17 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Congratulations!! Possibly your IBS with stay calm during your pregnancy!! Sue

#22055 - 09/30/03 08:07 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I'm late offerring my congrats!!! But congrats! How wonderful. So glad you don't have morning sickness, I had all day sickness with 2 of my 3 pregancies for a good 4 months, so miserable. I kind of liked my pregnant personality, though, the only time I ever told people exactly what I thought when I though it! It was like the polite filter was gone, and sometimes it was fun!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#22057 - 09/30/03 08:11 AM
Lana_Marie

LOL - Little meak Michelle with no polite filter! I don't believe it! LOL

I totally understand what you mean...my poor boys at work only come to my office when the absolutely have to. LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Wonderful! Praying you'll experience the Lord's protective and guiding hand throughout! -nt- new
      #22152 - 09/30/03 07:52 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3385

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review