All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: My Three Minutes of Tardiness new
      #217132 - 10/03/05 07:04 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Bevy,

I hate my job. I ahve for years so I'm pretty sure that's why I'm always late. That and my chronic insomnia.

I have decided to try my best to be ontime so I don't have the stress of rushing in and getting "the look".

I am a very good employee with a strong work ethic but this is my one major fault. I won't give her any attitude, I'm not that petty.

She can't fire me that easily because I'm unionized.

I am moving and leaving this job soon enough and I was hoping for the rest of my time here to be as stress-free as possible!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My Three Minutes of Tardiness new
      #217135 - 10/03/05 07:50 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Tina - your boss is a schmuck. The problem lies with her and not you. Focus on Tommy and the wedding and your DRESS!!!!! (Can you e-mail me a pic? I'd love to see it!!!).
Tardiness is one of the small things in life. Don't sweat it. Consider the source, and let it go. In a way, I pity her - doesn't she have anything else to put her energies in ? She's really pathetic.
Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I always eat my breakfast at work... new
      #217149 - 10/03/05 08:29 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...if I didn't I'd be late for sure.

Tina, if you do make it on time, think of all the fun you'll take away from this obsessive time watcher! She'll have to get her thrills another way! That might be motivation to help wake you up!

I'm sorry she is such an unhappy person that she needs to focus on this! I wouldn't ask her for a reference letter before you leave! She is a schmuck and when you do leave, she'll realize how lucky she was to have you as an employee! She'll have to pick up the extra work! Just let these thoughts keep you going until you leave. Her turn will come!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

from an HR perspective..... new
      #217158 - 10/03/05 08:45 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I think we all know that few employers are sympathetic about physical maladies and the like. Remember that supervisors have to report to someone too and they may be perceived as not doing their job if the folks they supervise come in late.

I worked in corporate america for a long time and tardy was tardy no matter how anyone looked at it. In some workplaces if an employee is late the customer does not get served.

I don't know what Tina does for a living and I understand that insomnia is debiliatitng...I have it myself...but the supervisor may be powerless herself and just trying to save her hide.

Perhaps a letter from your doctor Tina would help?

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: from an HR perspective..... new
      #217159 - 10/03/05 08:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Rachel, nope, I don't think she cares WHY I'm late. She just wants me in on time.

So I am making a BIG effort to be here on time.

Sara-Sage new
      #217162 - 10/03/05 09:12 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

then she can't ask for anymore than that can she? I wish that people would understand that physical issues can cause major issues for a person. Wouldn't it be a hoot to have a company run by folks with IBS?

Personal potties with lots of air freshner and a cot for naps! We could be on to something here!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Sara-Sage new
      #217172 - 10/03/05 10:05 AM
Sara-Sage

I'm trying my best. I brought breakfast in to work to help me out.

I came in EXACLY at 9am with my co-worker. So if her book says I'm late she has to mark my co-worker down as late too..

Oh yes, I'll work for you!

Hi Tina new
      #217181 - 10/03/05 10:30 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Better late than never, right?
Sorry that you are having to stress about work right now, when you should only have to be focused on good, happy things.
I know that from my experience, women bosses have always been more strict about things like tardiness and all that, I don't quite know why. In any event, I think that a few minutes is such a silly thing to get all worked up about, especially if you think of it in the scheme of things.
How much longer do you have there at this job? I'd say to just try your best, but really not to worry about it. You'll be gone soon enough, so what does it matter what this one petty woman thinks?
I'd be upset too, so I know ignoring her might be easier said than done, but I'd give it a shot.

BTW - I wanna see your dress too!

Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Tina new
      #217185 - 10/03/05 10:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Fyi, I've just ordered Mike Mahoney's Insomnia CD (plus the stress one for Si ) so I'll let you know how it goes.

Re: Tina new
      #217200 - 10/03/05 11:35 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh, I ordered it a month ago. I was going to tell you. It's nice and soothing and I guess it will probably take a while to work. I ahve only listened to it a few times.

Let me know how you do with it!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review