Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Girly question ... really need some help here
      #214493 - 09/19/05 07:49 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Sorry for asking yet another girly question but I don't really have anyone else to ask. I was going to try asking my bf's mom, but chickenend out

Anyways, I've been having a lot of problems "down there" lately ... first I thought it was a bladder infection but was told my urine came back negative. I just have alternating bouts of pain and burning (especially when I urinate) and generally just don't "feel right" down there.

Anyways, last week I had my annual pap smear, and it went worse than usual, it was actually really painful. Now granted, the resident said she wasn't the most experienced at doing it but still, it was awful.

THankfully it came back negative, except that the lab noted that it was an inflammatory result or something. I don't know much about this stuff but my doc said that could mean I have some sort of infection (possibly yeast) going on which the pap wouldn't detect.

So, she suggested I just do the Canesten/Monistat thing and and see if it feels better. Thing is, I've never had a yeast infection before and I don't feel confident that is what it is so don't want to spend the money on the treatment and go through that for nothing. She said my other option was to come back and they can just take a swab (oh goody) and then they'll be able to see what it is (if anything) for sure.

Can I get some advice? From what I've heard it doesn't seem like a yeast infection but I'm definately suspicious of some other infection...but I don't even know what else you can get "down there"

Thanks guys, I hope this wasn't TMI...I'm finding I'm really missing my Mom right now.

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

bump -nt new
      #214520 - 09/19/05 11:10 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Re: Girly question ... really need some help here new
      #214528 - 09/20/05 05:06 AM
melissamonica

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Monistat isn't a highly expensive item- and going through the "treatment" isn't anything too terrible. I think the worst part was the "leaking" that occured-(of the medicine). Use a pantyliner if this is a problem for you also.
But It's worth a shot- The medicing won't hurt you even if it isn't a yeat infection. But if it is- it may actually help you.
If you can afford the monistat than I personally would recommend you go out and buy it and give it a shot.
Alot of people "never get" yeats infections, but there is a first time for everything right.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
melissa

Vicam new
      #214531 - 09/20/05 05:16 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

You can get a bacterial infection where the pee comes out (can't remember the term) from pool water, trimming your pubic hair or even bikini waxes. Pubic hair protects that area and if removed, that area is more prone to infection. My kids and I are at the pool all summer and I usually get an infection like that.

I would NOT treat a yeast infection without being sure that is what you have. If you have a yeast infection, you will have a foul smelling discharge. You can take a mirror and look and if it looks like cottage cheese you can be fairly certain that is what you have. It could be other things so I would spend the money on a test...

I hope this helps.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#214626 - 09/20/05 09:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I would be a little concerned over the inflammatory result from the pap. I don't believe a yeast infection would cause that kind of result. But, if the yeast infection is bad enough to cause imflammation, I would certainly think you would be having lots of foul discharge. If you are sensative down there and try using the monistat and don't have a yeast infection, it may only cause more irratation. I have to use progesterone vagianl suppistories for my fertility stuff and I know I get a lot of irratation from them.

I would pay for the swab. You could have a bacterial infection which may could lead to pelvic inflammatory diease or who knows what. I don't think its something you should let go. It could be something serious or something as simple as vaginal dryness causing irratation but I think you need to find out. Hugs!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Sounds to me like interstitial cystitis may be the culprit... new
      #214635 - 09/20/05 09:36 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Call the doc's office and find out if it could be urological. If they say yes, then please;

Check out this website:

http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/diet.html#top

Try the diet. It is helping me SO MUCH! I put gluten back in my life, took out acidic foods, and I am VERY careful with fruits and veggies and vinegar, etc. NO cranberry juice!!!! If you try it for a week and don't feel ANY better...I don't know what to say *hugs* This site might be helpful in that it has many diff. types of bladder probs listed and their symptoms...so maybe you can get some info. that way...

If they say it's NOT bladder related and you trust this doc, maybe the site will mention some gynecological illnesses as well (didn't look for em cause I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis). I REALLY hope you figure this all out *hugs*

I hope you feel better soon!!!! *big hugs*

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#214666 - 09/20/05 10:36 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Do you have a yeast infection discharge? I don't think you have one, personally.

#214695 - 09/20/05 11:21 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Maybe ask the doc if they actually saw any yeast that gives them reason to believe it IS a yeast infection?

I agree with Michele...pay for the swab just in case. BUT if you want a 2nd opinion and you don't like/trust this doc, I say go for it!

Oh I hope this gets straightened out....we love you so much we are thinking of you and praying *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1765 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 871

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review