Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help Needed from Torontonians!
      #213974 - 09/16/05 09:03 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I'm going to be staying in Toronto next week for one night downtown. I'll be staying in the Entertainment District at the Holiday Inn on King, right near the Princess of Wales theatre. Thing is, I don't think I'll want to eat at the hotel because it's kinda pricey, and I'm not familiar with the area. Can anyone help me? I'm looking for ideas of reasonably cheap places to eat that are potentially within walking distance (2 or 3km). I think the Eaton Center is nearby and I'm sure there's something there...but any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help Needed from Torontonians! new
      #214014 - 09/17/05 08:57 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Kelly,

That sounds like fun, I love staying downtown. Downtown restaurants are usually a little pricey though. I'm not really sure what to recommend b/c I'm not sure what your budget is. I'm also not sure what you can eat and what you can't. I have UC but I don't tend to eat at the Eaton's Centre b/c it's a lot of fast food.

Here's a link to menu palace it's a website of toronto restaurants and you can seach by district type of food whatever you want. I use it all the time b/c I can look at the menu before I go.

http://www.menupalace.com/menupalace/establishments/main.asp

I hope this link helps.
Jenn

Thanks! new
      #214055 - 09/17/05 04:53 PM
Vicam

Thank you! That actually helps quite a bit A lot of the restaurants there are way out of my price range and not really my style, I'd be happy with something like Kelsey's, East Side Marios...just a chain...but it looks like I may have to be a bit adventurous.

Thanks again!
Kelly

Re: Thanks! new
      #214062 - 09/17/05 06:18 PM
JLL24

Hi Kelly,

No problem. If you like East Side Marios there is one on Front Street (151 Front Street West), it's near the SkyDome (now known as Rogers Centre).

Jenn

#214076 - 09/17/05 08:13 PM
Vicam

Thanks again Since you mentioned SkyDome, I was wondering, have you ever tried Wayne Gretzkey's? My BF is a big hockey fan so I thought that might be a nice place to eat but I don't know what the prices are like there and the website doesn't have a menu (at least that I can find)

Kelly

#214084 - 09/17/05 09:20 PM
JLL24

I've actually never been to Wayne Gretzky's restaurant before.

Re: Help Needed from Torontonians! new
      #214387 - 09/19/05 02:37 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hey Kelly!

Not sure what you can eat, but there are a couple places near by that I know of. Just east of where you'll be staying on King, near University Ave. there's a Swiss Chalet and right above it is a Pizza place called Il fornello, What's that? Pizza on the IBS board? yup! They've got delicious thin crust pizzas that you can get Soy Cheese on! (or no cheese if you'd like) They call it Italian style non-dairy topping. it does contain casein, but I've found that it doesn't bother me.

The website is Il Fornello . It is a little pricey, but not too bad. maybe $15-$20 for a meal, but I highly recommend it.

Enjoy your trip!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1967 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review