Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sleeeeeeeeeep
      #213785 - 09/16/05 04:39 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I need it!

For the past few nights I have not been able to sleep for the life of me. I've been exhausted all day, but i've refrained from napping so that I could fall asleep earlier. Its not working.

I have never had problems sleeping before. I think this problem may coincide with the fact that I have class tues/thurs at 8am till 3pm, internship mon/wed/fri from 7:30-3:00pm, waitressing Sun/Wed/Fri from 5-11pm, plus homework on top of that. I think maybe i'm just stressing or anxious about getting anything accomplished.

Last night I used "peace of mind", this peppermint stuff from origins you put on your temples which usually sends me to sleep. An hour later I put on Lavender/vanilla calming the sense aromatherapy lotion. that didn't work either.

I went to bed at 10:30pm, and I did not fall asleep until 12:30am. I tossed and turned. My brain hurt in my head. My body wanted to sleep but my mind wouldn't let me. I got really frustrated and took and advil bc I thought my brain hurting was maybe a headache. I finally fell asleep but awoke again at 6:10am and tossed and turned till my alarm went off at 6:55pm.

so now i'm off to my internship feeling like CRAP, and then its waitressing all night till 11. anyone have any suggesstions?

I should add that I am not the kind of person that does well with under 8.5 hours of sleep, and that this is my first week trying to get on a sleep schedule. During the summer I rarely went to bed before midnight and always slept past 9.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ashley new
      #213787 - 09/16/05 05:11 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I find that Attivan helps me sleep...I took one last night as I hadn't slept for two nights either!

There is an OTC medication called Simply Sleep that is nothing other than Benadryl. It works well for me.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

I hear ya new
      #213788 - 09/16/05 05:23 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I've been up since 3:00 a.m. You are right: You need to have time to relax, or the stress will keep you up! Also, the more you "try" to sleep, the less you will. You've got to take it when it comes, I guess.

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: sleeeeeeeeeep new
      #213792 - 09/16/05 05:42 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Melatonin is working charms on my hubby who has TERRIBLE insomnia!! You can purchase it at any health food store. It doesn't leave him groggy the next day either!

I should have taken some myself lastnight! I saw every hour on the clock!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

I'm not sleeping either new
      #213811 - 09/16/05 07:34 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I usually always have to fight to wake up in the morning. But the last week, I've been waking up at 4:30 or 5:00am and not able to fall back asleep again.

Like you, Ashely, I need lots of sleep...preferable 9 hours on a weekday and then 10 on the weekend. My body (especially bowels) function better the longer I can sleep in.

I even take Extra strength Valerian and klonopin at night...so I don't know what's going on or what I can do (safely) to get some rest...so my whole body and mind feel better.

If you find something...let me know!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: I'm not sleeping either new
      #213813 - 09/16/05 07:52 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I haven't slept well in 3 nights. grrrrrr....

I am not right unless I get at least 8 hours of sleep!~nt~ new
      #213829 - 09/16/05 09:21 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Full Moon tomorrow new
      #213854 - 09/16/05 10:59 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

The moon is full tomorrow. This always affects a friend of mine. I have had it effect my sleep occaisionally, too.
I am lucky in the fact that I can usually sleep like a log. I live with 35 other people and I am known as the snoring champ. They never have to check on me because they can hear me all the way in the office and know I'm alive and well. I really feel for any one who can't sleep at night.
My problem is that I have to get up so early. some people think that they can have loud conversatins at 5:30 a.m. and every (even Sun.) morning breakfast is at 7 a.m. I help serve trays, so I can't skip and stay in bed. UGH!!! I need 9 hours to feel refreshed.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#213911 - 09/16/05 01:07 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Sleep? What's that?

I only sleep when I'm sick as a cat. Truly...I don't sleep and then I get really sick and sleep for three days.

I nap, though.

I think I sleep with my eyes open, or operate at times in 'automatic pilot' mode--perhaps I should call it 'autonomic pilot?' I'm the living dead and a zombie from sleep deprivation.

It's a warped club.

I hope you catch a few, or don't get too tired to sleep from all your business.

Kate.

Re: sleeeeeeeeeep new
      #213912 - 09/16/05 01:08 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks guys!

I'm not sure what the problem is but it really sucks!!

Like you said christine, I was thinking alot about falling asleep and stressing out over it which probably just frustrated me and kept me up longer. I never used to have problems, but in august there were two nights I couldn't sleep well, and then this month it happened last night and the night before.

I'm not on any meds either, aside from BC so its not like anything in me has chagned. Maybe i'll try to OTC drugs if it keeps happening, I was just wondering if there were any simple techniques to try. I'm making myself miserable trying to fall asleep.

honestly, at 7pm last night i couldnt' even lie on the couch cause I would have passed out, but when I laid down to go to bed I couldn't do it.

ugh off to go finish up my 17 hour workday on 5hrs of sleep

--------------------

I need to sleep too! new
      #213941 - 09/16/05 03:03 PM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

I feel all your pain. I havent slept in months. I get 5 hours sleep per night if I am lucky, normally 4.. and I feel it all day. I have tried everything from Gravol, medicated sleeping pills my mother had me try, changing habits, tryed herbal sleep pills and tea- bad allergic reaction if anyone finds relief- please do share! WIsh you all the best!

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

Re Five Hours??? new
      #213942 - 09/16/05 03:05 PM
Wind

Five whole hours??? I am so so so very very jealous. I haven't slept that long in one night/day in YEARS--seriously.
You are too lucky.

Kate.

#213944 - 09/16/05 03:33 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

awww Tina! thats cause you miss your tommy!

--------------------
-Sheri

I slept like a CHAMP last night new
      #214031 - 09/17/05 11:49 AM
ChristineM

Since my tummy's been acting up lately, I decided to start the hypnosis program for the second time... I think we went to bed about 11:00 ish, and I slept like a baby 'til about 9:00 (with one brief potty break, of course). I feel great!

Seriously, though, I know a lot of my problem is not staying relaxed. I have a job I love, but I have difficulty completely stopping my thoughts about it when I get home.

--------------------
Christine

Re: I slept like a CHAMP last night new
      #214099 - 09/18/05 07:42 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I was able to sleep both nights this weekend too!

i'm not sure whats up? I only can't sleep when I NEED to sleep!

its really quite annoying. we'll see how tonight goes.

--------------------

I'm so jealous! new
      #214100 - 09/18/05 07:55 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I was up at 4:30 am again on Saturday and today too. It's the weekend, for goodness sakes. I miss sleep.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Love the new pic, Ashley! -nt- new
      #214114 - 09/18/05 09:13 AM
ChristineM

--------------------
Christine

Re: I slept like a CHAMP all afternoon! new
      #214215 - 09/18/05 06:56 PM
Wind

I can only sleep in the afternoon. It's the only time I feel safe to sleep. Maybe that's just my natural rest cycle. I think I'm living in the wrong time zone or culture. Truly--this is the only time my body can sleep! So...I suppose those are my official off, hours. For the past 3 days, I have enjoyed the most luxurious siestas, tons of R.E.M. included.

I guess this is the way it has to be for this batty night owl.

Kate.

insomniatic spree new
      #216367 - 09/28/05 12:23 PM
greenmars

Reged: 09/23/05
Loc: Las Cruces, NM.

It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one who can't sleep. I realy can't take anything for one reason or another. I tried sleeping with my feet against the wall instead of my head. I'm about to rearrange my whole bedroom to get a better chi flow or something.

--------------------
poetry in motion

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 826 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1782

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review