All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I've had D attacks all week and I'm exhausted....
      #212044 - 09/09/05 11:05 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You know what it's like. I'm so worn out. The D just zaps my energy. I could barely get my kids to bed last night. I let them watch videos (boo hoo) instead of reading books them because I felt so awful. Usually, we all read books together before bedtime. Last night, I just couldn't. I could hardly move from the bed. Getting their snacks, and into their PJs and having them brush their teeth was torture. I think I need a med adjustment - the OCD is out of control and my anxiety is way up.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

*HUGS* new
      #212048 - 09/09/05 11:11 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I've been battling some D and icky tummy stuff myself, a lot of my fibro meds have magnesium in them, and I've found I have to be careful to make sure I take my multivitamin and my calcium supplement before I take any of the meds with magnesium in them. Or else it's not pretty.

It's almost the weekend and it's been a rough week it seems with Liam starting school and such. Pamper yourself this weekend and take care of yourself!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: I've had D attacks all week and I'm exhausted.... new
      #212049 - 09/09/05 11:11 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Awwwwww that's terrible!! *HUGS* I'm so sorry you're not feeling well....

The med adjustment may be just what you need.

Try and relax as much as you can until then, peppermint tea, warm compress on your belly and some old movies should do the trick!!

Re: I've had D attacks all week and I'm exhausted.... new
      #212103 - 09/09/05 02:37 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Alicia:

A med. increase might be just exactly what you need!

Is there anything non-OCD that you can just joyfully lose yourself in? (This is an enormous challenge for hyper-active manic me! I truly am challenged just to sit still enough to eat! Heck, I can't even sleep for more than an hour and a half with out an intermission!) (And it gets worse with age)

Hmmm...maybe something completely sensual and sexual--something to get those endorphins going? When I'm going out of my head it usually means I just need to be horny and sweaty for awhile to bring me back into balance.

Yoga?

Oh, I don't know...who am I to talk! OCD sucks--and yet it's such a protective coping technique that's hard to surrender/part with--sort of like that "blanket" scene in "Mr. Mom" where Michael Keaton and the kid negotiate their comforting cruches and put them in the fireplace to burn to a cinder.

Hugs, and well...try and squeeze in some fun? Ooops, no, don't try to hard. Just invite it to spontaneously happen.
I'm going to frame myself for something "un-me" this weekend, i.e. getting out for more than just food/water.

Kate.

Re: Well, food is out... new
      #212115 - 09/09/05 03:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

since I can't digest anything but rice and water. Yep, that's what I'm down to. I think a trip to the library in the morning with the kids will be a good thing. I'll get a couple of books and just loaf. My hubby owes me - he's on a guys night out TGIF tonight. Not that he doesn't get that all the time. All he does and all he wants to do is play the computer. Sigh. Since I'm picking up all the slack, there's little time for any resting or anything else for that matter. Sigh. I was promised a girl's night out or anything else I wanted ie. spa, but it rarely materializes. Sigh. Maybe I need to be more forceful and make him make good on this one. Thanks for the support. I'm tired of feeling so sick. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I'm so sorry - hope you're better soon.... new
      #212143 - 09/09/05 05:14 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Mommy's don't get sick days, do we?? Hugs!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 663 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1384

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review