All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
BaCk t0 scHoOl...
      #210949 - 09/04/05 05:58 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Its that time again boys and girls...back to school! I start tuesday. lol i am going into grade 12...*wahoo...last year!* and im excited lol i cant belive im saying this...but i am actually excited to go to school! I really hope my tummy doesnt bother me...last year it was heck through school with my bowels..and during the summer...im fine ..i also moved back home..and im going back to my old school..with all my old friends..and im excited! anyone else going back to school? Not just highschool, university? College? this is a pointless post..but im uber bored...and so yah...haha anyways..have a good night...
Melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Haha new
      #210954 - 09/04/05 06:18 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm waaaaay out of school, but I just wanted to say how cool it is that you're so excited to go back! By the time I got to high school I was totally looking forward to the first day... seeing my friends, skipping classes... wait, pretend I didn't say that last part. Very cool that you'll be back in your old school. Enjoy it! The last year is a blast!

My university's weird... new
      #210964 - 09/04/05 06:49 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I just finished with finals this past Thursday! We're on the quarter system, so summer term just ended. Three weeks off, then fall term starts Sept 26. This week will be work and continuing unpacking and setting up my new apartment (just moved). Second week of break will be London, where I will be meeting the wonderful Ms. Linz and her Si. Third week will be errands and getting ready for classes. Soooo looking forward to it. This past term was not fun with my fibro diagnosis and such. And either my new meds are messing with my IBS or I caught the stomach bug my roommate had last week

Hope everyone else's school year gets off to a great start!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Hey Mel! new
      #210970 - 09/04/05 07:17 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Wow you finally get to meet Linz! After 2 tries I still haven't managed to meet her, LOL!

~nelly~

Re: Haha new
      #210978 - 09/04/05 07:55 PM
Honey_bun

wanna know something funny? My friends laugh at me for it all the time. I have never skipped a class before..or had a highschool detention!! Isnt that sad!? LOL my friends skip ALL the time and i never have!! hahahah im such a goody goody! LOL..yah..im hoping this year will be the best..prom is coming! ahhhhh!
melissa

I don't think it's sad... new
      #210997 - 09/04/05 08:43 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I was pretty much a goody goody too. I think it paid off though- cause I got big scholarships for college, and got my MA and PhD paid for! Sometimes being a geek pays off.

#211000 - 09/04/05 08:50 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Don't worry about being a goody-goody. It pays off in the long run. I was a bada$s at school (skipped a lot of classes and couldn't be bothered with the work, even though I was bright) and I'm still trying to catch up somewhat. As long as you're nice and a fun person, people will still like you and not give you grief for it.

How exciting, the first day back! I used to love the first day, when I wasn't sick of the year yet, and looking forward to seeing everyone after weeks off.. and picking out what to wear for the first day two weeks before term started.... and covering all my books with collage from cut-up magazines... and planning how I was going to do ALL my homework....

--------------------
*Emma*

Re: My university's weird... new
      #211030 - 09/05/05 06:13 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I've been out of high school for 15 years and finished my BA 11 years ago...and I still sort of consider September the beginning of a new year. It must be because autumn is my favorite season.

High School> I went to 3 high schools. Loved the first two, hated the last one. I always looked forward to first days with a mixture of dread and excitement.

College> I LOVED quarters. My first two years at college were on the quarter system. Then we changed to semesters. That first 16-18 week semester seemed so, sooo, soooo very long.

Re: BaCk t0 scHoOl... new
      #211034 - 09/05/05 06:55 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I go back tommorrow (Tues) to college. I have been out of high schoool for 7 years. I went to University for 4 years and worked full time for 3 now I am heading back for something different. I am excited but not as excited as you are!!! good luck I hope both our tummies behave.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#211039 - 09/05/05 07:44 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I still have 15 days until I fly to Edinburgh to start my MSc - it's actually in the first week of classes, but because my unconditional offer came late (something about a dept secretary being on vacation) I need to give enough time for my visa to be processed.

It'll be exciting though -- good luck to everyone else in their studies!

- Vincent

#211040 - 09/05/05 07:50 AM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Me too. Grade 12! Graduating this year and everything. It's hard to believe, isn't it?

--------------------
IBS-C

Back to work tomorrow new
      #211048 - 09/05/05 09:02 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Class sizes are currently huge... My senior classes have 39 and 35 kids in them. Let's hope we end up getting to hire another teacher!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

OMG YES new
      #211049 - 09/05/05 09:06 AM
Honey_bun

I cant believe it...its like...kinda scary. But really exciting too! Finally...were the oldest onesin the school! Right on! lol
melissa

#211050 - 09/05/05 09:09 AM
Honey_bun

Oh yeh i know how that feels! My friends all respect me for it...Like...when they go skip, someone will walk me to class before they go or something..its kinda like routine. No one gives me grief thank god! lol Lets just hope my tummy is ok tomorrow!
Melissa

Re: I don't think it's sad... new
      #211051 - 09/05/05 09:11 AM
Honey_bun

Thanks! Yeh..im really hoping i can get a scholorship somewhere for something. Im really set on university and its sooo expensive. Im more of the artsy person, so sports scholor ships our outta the question...and im not really involved in students council or all that other junk...so i dont think ill be able to get one...and i dont take sciences or anything...if only they had a ..."non-skipping" scholorship..id be set
melissa

artsy people... new
      #211056 - 09/05/05 10:36 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Me too. My degrees are all in theatre!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1215

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review