Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Girl Stuff
      #210872 - 09/03/05 08:12 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Hey guys...
I have a question...is it normal to crave foods and be really hungry when your on your period, or before you get your period? I think my period should be coming any day now (all confused because i was just taken off the pill) and i am so hungry..like there no hunger pains..i just want to eat..and eat weird things..like a kit kat bar...and mr.noodles...(not toether lol ) oh yum. lol Is this normal?
melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Totally normal as far as I'm concerned.. new
      #210873 - 09/03/05 08:24 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

being somewhat irregular, it's the only way I know I'm going to start. I get SOOOOO very hungry. Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Oh yeah, totally, TOTALLY normal! new
      #210879 - 09/03/05 10:45 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Some months, I feel like I could eat anything that isn't nailed down! Just don't give into trigger food cravings especially on your period. (I fought off ice cream last month...I required a sword and some Tofutti, but I was victorious.) Aunt Flo & attacks together are extremely UNfun.

Re: Totally normal as far as I'm concerned.. new
      #210885 - 09/04/05 06:00 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

yep, it's normal. I would eat like there was no tomorrow. I could always tell when my boss had (or was about to have) hers. There would be a bag of chips and a chocolate bar on her desk.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Girl Stuff new
      #210886 - 09/04/05 07:12 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I always know my period is coming THAT night...because after a few days of queasiness...on the actual day I get a huge headache and cannot STOP eating...its like nothing will satiate my appetite! Eat I say!! The body is asking for food so I give it!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Girl Stuff new
      #210986 - 09/04/05 08:14 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I get wicked cravings around mine... usually by the time I get around to satisfying them by going to the supermarket they're gone. Hence the canned spaghetti-and-sauce, the jar of gherkins, and the jar of mustard untouched in my cupboard.
The kitkatty ones I'm ashamed to say, are much easier dealt with because they're everywhere. Dang Nestle and their conspiracy against my hips and bowels.

--------------------
*Emma*

Oh i hear yah! new
      #211053 - 09/05/05 09:18 AM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Like seriously..why are kitkats so good? Can anyone explain this? there like....amazing. (god im pathetic!!)
Melissa

Re: Yup, definitely normal. new
      #211080 - 09/05/05 02:21 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

From what I recall of menstrual days past (at least a decade ago--I haven't menstruated since my early twenties and I'm thiry-on), it's completely normal and natural to crave SALTY and SWEET things during PMS. Advice? That depends on your nutritional goals. I'd go for it or modify it. Try "Thai Kitchen" noodle soups for the salty/spicy flavour--less fat/calories and definitely better flavour!!! For sweet? Maybe fruit dunked in dark chocolate? Chocolate soy milk? Chocolate soy pudding or soy 'ice'cream? A stir-fry or safe Asian food/sushi is awesome for a sodium load!!!

I used to eat tons of salad when I was PMS'ing and stir-fries--uh, I'm kind of lifelong health nut, incidentally. Asian soups were a favourite and sushi.
I would do the spaghetti sauce thing, too, though or unreconstituted tomatoe soup--Campbell's. And eating apple slices dunked in grainy dijon mustard or horseradish. Something about that need for MSG.

I don't really crave sweet, honestly. Just candy. Mostly sour and gummy...a basic Wonka binge! And slurpees.

Oh, heck--go for the KitKat!!! (But I think you can get much better chocolate than that!)

Kate.

Re: Oh i hear yah! new
      #211081 - 09/05/05 02:22 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I think it's the metallic wrapper. Looks like dopes inside. The name is sort of sexy, I suppose.

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 488 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 800

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review