All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Last night gas went up to $1.17/litre here.. dunno how much that is a gallon, but it's a LOT! -nt- new
      #210453 - 09/01/05 12:17 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

A heavy heart new
      #210464 - 09/01/05 12:48 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

The devastation and violence this hurricane has left behind is heartbreaking. My heart aches for those affected. I watch the news with a heavy heart and shed tears for those who lost their homes and family and everything they valued.

The gas situation in Pittsburgh is bad, too. I was lucky enough to fill up my tank yesterday for $2.69. Right now it's at $2.99. Like many others, I feel guilty for getting upset over gas money when so many people have lost everything, but it's hard to swallow.

I've noticed a spike in my IBS symptoms and anxiety, too, in worry over what the future is going to bring. It seems we've been hit with so much tradegy and loss lately. I pray that we all have the strength to endure.

Hang in there, everyone. We can gather strength from each other.

Kristine

Re: News from the Transportation Industry new
      #210550 - 09/01/05 08:07 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Here we are paying nearly $4.95/gallon and it's expected to jump to $5.88/gallon by the weekend!!!! Makes me sick!!! Why is this happening, there simply can NOT be a reason behind this no matter what kinda of excuse the government is providing!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: A heavy heart new
      #210578 - 09/01/05 11:10 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

I have a very heavy heart,I was marry 53 years Aug.15, an my beloved husband die Aug.16.It was a very long 21/2 months
he was in the hospital.I went to see him everyday an would stay till they put me out,It is so hard when you have been with someone for that long an now they are gone.god I miss him so bad,this house is so big,just me an my dogie,
Gerry 10

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: A heavy heart new
      #210579 - 09/02/05 04:25 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

What a blessing to have been married for over 50 years! I know you miss him...my prayer for you is that you take much joy and comfort in the many memories you have of him.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Gerry, I'm sorry to hear about your husband new
      #210594 - 09/02/05 06:51 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I remember you posting a while back that he was sick. I can't imagine the loss you are feeling now. Big Hugs to you!

Take care of yourself and hold on to that little doggie. Animals are so therapeutic. Take one day at a time....and please stop in whenever you need some comfort and hugs from all of us. We are here for you.

Bless you.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

What's the best day of the week to buy gas? new
      #210597 - 09/02/05 06:54 AM
Augie

...or isn't there a good day anymore? I heard that Weekends are the worst time...but maybe it will only keep going up no matter what day I get it.

I received a 30 cent raise this year and that won't even cover the increased price of gas! I'm really worried about how I will be able to live when prices are so widly out of control!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: What's the best day of the week to buy gas? new
      #210614 - 09/02/05 07:41 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I don't know that there is a good day, especially now.

Gas in my neck of the woods is $3.19-3.29 a gallon for regular. My husband & I were going to go to Michigan to visit family next week, already having decided to skip visiting friends on the other side of the state. He kinda insisted we at least visit my folks, but if there are gas shortages, I am beginning to think it's wisest not to even leave town.

If I could walk to work, I would.

Re: What's the best day of the week to buy gas? new
      #210624 - 09/02/05 07:49 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

There is no good day to buy gas anymore. The station by my house raised their prices by 30 cents overnight. It is pure and outright gauging of prices. There is NO gas shortage. It is people panicking and buying gas all at once that is causing stations to run out of gas.

--------------------

At one time, the news was saying it was best to buy...
      #210626 - 09/02/05 07:51 AM
Augie

...gas on Wednesday morinings. They said that was the when it was cheapest and that on Weekends it was the highest.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8473

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review