All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: This just hurts me new
      #210102 - 08/31/05 10:39 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I don't know if they talked or not. I doubt it...but maybe just seeing my current doc's name on the chart was enough for him to play the "boys club" card. I honestly don't know.

I doubt the insurance co will allow me to go to another doctor of out network at the same fee and deductible even though all the in network docs seem to be in this building! The insurance company will most likely tell me to go to anyone I want, but that I will have to pay the higher out of pocket cost. I can't afford to pay all that extra money to see an out of network doc...I don't think. Why does money have so much to do with who gets help and who has to keep hurting? Not just me, but all the people with no money and no insurance.

I don't have a referring doctor. I'm currently trying to find a primary care doc, a Counselor, and a GI...for me, phone calls and decisions and interviewing docs is very stressful and draining. It took me 3 years to get he courage to see this doctor!

I wish, I wish, I wish I had the faith that you do instead of questioning the Lords motives here. And I wish I had the same faith that I will get help. It's hard enough figuring out what's going on with my body...but who would have thought that finding the doctor to start the process would be such a process.

My natural instints are to roll over and give up and just suffer instead of fighting for help and dealing with all this. But suffering is a fate worse than death.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yep, he knew before he even walked in the door new
      #210108 - 08/31/05 10:51 AM
Augie

He didn't even allow me to tell my story. Just said he scanned my chart and he knew he would not be able to help me.

I agree that when they see a chart, they give the doctor the benefit of the doubt and if my old GI didn't run the necessary tests, then this new doc thought he had a good reason not to.

Problem with not bringing in records is that I would probably would have to do some of them over again? Not that I had that many...but the ones I did have were bad enough and I don't know if insurance would pay to have a second endoscopy and I probably don't need one. I just think the doctor should have a full picture of what's going on...but at the same time, I like the thought of a cleanc chart with no preconceived notions, ideas, thoughts....

Rachel, who diagnosed your IBS, a GI or regular doc? I guess once you are diagnosed with IBS you really don't need a GI

--------------------
~ Beth

No way offended new
      #210114 - 08/31/05 11:03 AM
Augie

You are 100% right in everything you said. I know the stress, anxiety, low self esteem, indecisiveness, OCD, etc, etc, are twisting up my gut and making the pain worse than if I didn't have this personality! No way did you offend me, Ashley. Thank you for being so honest.

I know now that words spoken to me are out of concern and the desire to help me. It touches me that people take the time to really tell me what they think will help me and not just tell me everything is going to be okay. I appreciate all of you who have given me some things to think about.

I am so wanting to get into therapy! I just want more than my insurance company is willing to give me! I want to go every week, not once every month and a half!

And after reading your post, I am thinking maybe you and Rachel have a point. Especially what you said about your doctor friends.

My old doc keep changes his mind about the IBS diagnosis. One day he says I have it (in addition to other GI stuff) and other days he says I don't.

Thanks again, Ashley. I think you are probably more right about the stress making me twisted up with constipation that I admit. I am so focused on diet and SFS and trying to figure out my triggers, and dealing with stupid doctors and that's more stress...that I forget that I need to breath.

These past few days the C has been horrid. Stress? I think so.

--------------------
~ Beth

Oh Linz new
      #210115 - 08/31/05 11:06 AM
Augie

you make me so warm inside. Thank you for looking into the mental health charities. You are so sweet.

Yeah, docs are crap!

--------------------
~ Beth

Thank you new
      #210116 - 08/31/05 11:07 AM
Augie

yeah, some animals get better treatment...especially when the owner has money!
Thanks for you thoughts.

--------------------
~ Beth

It was a GI ~nt~ new
      #210117 - 08/31/05 11:07 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Sorry, but I need help again new
      #210124 - 08/31/05 11:17 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this (sorry too I was late to respond to your post). That's just terrible the way you were treated...and please don't worry about unloading here, you NEED an outlet and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are happy to be that outlet for you.

Unfortunately I don't really have any suggestions because I don't live in the US and I don't know how your system works, but I hate to think there isn't an alternative for you...that's just terrible.

Maybe some more Canadians can jump in here, but if you were to come to Canada and go to an Emergency Room, I'm pretty sure they have to treat you. Now, I don't know how good treatment you would receive, but you might luck out and get something good, and you wouldn't have to pay. But that could potentially be as much travelling as going to Mayo so I'm not sure how much that helps.

I'm so sorry Beth, really wish I could be of more help. If you want to email me you can anytime vicam7@hotmail.com ... for this or anxiety issues or whatever

Hang in there,
Kelly

Re: Just a couple 'outside the box' ideas or something... new
      #210131 - 08/31/05 11:40 AM
Augie

You have made some good suggestions Steph. Just don't know if I have it in me to do all this. Geez, why do the sick and tired have to fight for help...at the time they feel too ill to fight for themselves?

I don't know who to write to that would even care. There seems to be so many others in the same boat over here in the states where Health care is considered a privelege.

I do think if I had a primary care doctor to help me fight, I might get better results.

--------------------
~ Beth

Just want to say to everyone new
      #210136 - 08/31/05 11:43 AM
Augie

Thanks for not giving up on me. I know you all must be so tired of all the drama. I swear I'm not making this stuff up! These two docs really were jerks! It wasn't me, gotta believe me!

I just pray that a local doctor can help me. It really scares me to think that I am so bad that I need a univeristy or a Mayo clinic to get better. I can't afford that, so does that mean I will always be sick...that no one can help me because I am too complicated a case? Talk about embarrassing. I'm in trouble if this is the case, because financially and geographically, it is a huge burden and toll. But what if he is right? (rhetorical...I don't want to take up more board space).

And again, thank you for being my unconditional support crew. You guys are the best people in the world! I love you all and hope you will all continue support me through this never ending fight for some answers and relief from my pain.

Big HUGS to you all.

--------------------
~ Beth

Thanks Kelly new
      #210140 - 08/31/05 11:46 AM
Augie

I'm actually thinking about moving some place that has a good doctor. Too bad MN is so cold. If Mayo was someplace warm, I think I'd totally move there.

About the anxiety, how much klonopin are you on? I don't think I'm on enough. I have noticed my anxiety has gone up since stopping the lexapro.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1034 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21238

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review