All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
That's horrible! new
      #210405 - 09/01/05 10:38 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I can't believe this is how doctors act! This is disgusting behavior. These guys are suppose to be healers, am I wrong???

It seems to be the general concensus that this new guy won't take me because maybe he saw my Dr's name on my reports and that was that. It was a bad sign when I was sitting in the waiting room and the magazine on the table had my old doctors name and address on it! Bad omen.

And now this guy has "blackballed" me from being able to see anyone else in his practice.

Jen, I really can't afford to go to Mayo...I can't afford the hotel and food costs, the out of network doctors and test, flying back and forth and leaving work. It just is not possible.

And I agree, university docs are not the best...IMHO, they are the worst with bed side manner because they are more academicly inclined. They more dismissive.

The thing I don't understand is why this doctor refuses to see me when I have not had hardly any tests done to show what is wrong...I have not had a defogram, barium enema, Sitz marker test, motility tests, Anorectal tests to see if it is a Pelvic Floor disfunction, an upper GI test and my last colonoscopy was 7 years ago...and my symptoms have changed since then.

I want to know if I have Slow Transit Constipation, IBS, or Ideopathic Constipation. And I can't believe they won't even try me on any med like Miralax...there is just so much he could have done. Instead, he gives me the boot.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

When will they take the time... new
      #210409 - 09/01/05 10:41 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

..to listen and treat us as individuals? To spend more than 2 minutes with you to figure out if there is something they can do to help you?

So, are you trying Prilosec again? This is negligent to tell you to take something when your symptoms are different than before.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Bethie! new
      #210412 - 09/01/05 10:47 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sorry hon, my stupid work computer was down for 3 days. Grrrr...

Back to your post, what the H@ll is wrong witht he doctors there??? Do they know what good bedside manner is? OMG! I'm furious for you. How dare they dismiss you like that! Grrrr.

I won't ever shut the door on you. I'm so sorry and here's a (((((((HUGE HUG FOR BETHIE))))))))!!!!

Re: Thanks Sand new
      #210643 - 09/02/05 08:49 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Are you saying you think therapy only once every two weeks would probably be better when working FT? I've never been working FT and in therapy at the same time. Yup, that's what I'm saying. Therapy takes a lot of emotional time and energy.

The thing that really confuses me is that the doctor is telling me I need intensive team approach...so I'm not sure if a PCP would be able to "handle" me. If not, she should be able to help you get the help you need. That's why I say a Family Practice doctor as a PCP, rather than an internist or ob/gyn or any other specialty. A FP doctor is designed to function as a gatekeeper and referral point.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21087

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review