All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Update on the hurricane
      #209610 - 08/29/05 07:04 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

My sister, who lives in New Orleans, still has no idea what shape her house is in. She talked to someone who said her neighborhood has trees down and the roads are blocked. She is in north Louisiana, staying with my parents, and she has no idea when she can return----and what to expect when she does.

She left in a hurry and didn't bring many clothes with her. They're predicting New Orleans might be without power for a month or two, so she may be staying with my parents for awhile.

I have been watching CNN tonight, and the news reports are making me sick. I feel for these poor people who have had their lives upturned. I have left a home in south Lousiana and returned, not knowing whether or not it would be standing. That is a horrible feeling! My heart goes out to them!

Rachel, how is your family?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi BL new
      #209615 - 08/29/05 07:20 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Thanks for asking...I have no idea. I haven't heard from anyone on my mom's side of the family about my aunt and her doofy husband.

My uncle and dad are estranged and unfortunately they take it to our generation and not only ignore each other but they ignore our generation as well.

I am praying...it's all I can do right now. Should my uncle lose everything and I have the opportunity to go there and show him God's love despite this silly fight he and my dad are having (in their defense my grandfather raised my uncles and aunt to compete with each other and that is a recipe for disaster), God can begin to heal the relationship with my dad and uncle.

There is so much drama on either side of my parents families that my sisters and I try extra hard to be as normal as possible! Not always easy I tell ya.

I am trying to be positive but even I can "hear the worry" in the words I type...arrgghhh. Enough rambling...thanks for thinking of them/me, will keep you posted as I hear anything! Please do the same BL.

Hugs,

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

I'm praying for everyone down there.... new
      #209638 - 08/29/05 10:34 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

God's gotta be listening to some of my ramblings!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Update on the hurricane new
      #209662 - 08/30/05 05:21 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

these storms are awful... on the other hand I know if another hits the SC/GA coast my grandparents won't evacuate again- after floyd adn the mess they hit they'd rather stay home no matter how bad it gets!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Aunt and her husband are fine. Now just waiting to hear from my uncle... new
      #209674 - 08/30/05 06:23 AM
poochibelly

it looks awful in New Orleans. If I am not mistaken my cousing lives in Austin. I am praying they went there.

I'm sure happy to know my aunt is fine.

--------------------

Your families (and everyone else there) have my prayers, too -nt- new
      #209678 - 08/30/05 06:36 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Rachel, glad they are ok..... new
      #209679 - 08/30/05 06:36 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Now New Orleans is getting more water! The levees are breaking as the surrounding rivers crest today. I don't know how they will ever get all of that water out of there. Can you imagine the smell and the mosquito problem they're going to have?

BL new
      #209682 - 08/30/05 06:54 AM
poochibelly

I can't imagine what it will do to the cemeteries in the area.

I saw on the news this morning where a man's house broke clear in two and he lost his grip on his wife and he has no idea where she is and holds little hope that she is alive.

This just breaks my heart. I know that God allowed this to happen for a reason and I trust that He knows all. My faith is not shaken one bit but I am just so incredibly sad for those who have been affected by the hurricane.

Texans as usual have come to bat for these folks though. There is a family of 60 staying at a volunteer fire department in the area...the Wal-mart either donated or deeply discounted items for these folks and the community has rallied around all of them. There are sweet, sweet stories amid the pain and tragedy which is so nice.

--------------------

Your all in my thoughts and prayers! n/t new
      #209695 - 08/30/05 07:16 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Update on the hurricane new
      #209720 - 08/30/05 08:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thats got to be a really scarey thing to go though. I'm hoping everyone is ok. Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1256

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review