All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Casey, how did your yard sale go?
      #209222 - 08/28/05 09:11 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What did you sell? Were you happy with the results? I hope you did well. My mom had one last month (didn't bother to tell me...I could have used the money) but she didn't do so hot. It rained all weekend! The one weekend we got rain...go figure. My luck is inherited from my mom's side of the family!

My sister did a little better (yeah, she told her about it) but the person who did the best was my 10 year old neice!

Are you doing it again today? Or was it just yesterday? I hope you made a little extra cash. Enjoy your day with Adam today...you guys deserve a day together.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not too bad! new
      #209298 - 08/28/05 05:10 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I made $56... but I was really happy with that, because I was mostly selling clothes, and most of it was stuff I was selling for 25 cents or 5/$1 - a ton of shirts - so if you think about it, that's a darn lot of clothes sold! LOL

PLUS... I mean, I got to sit in the sun all day, I knit Adam's niece's Christmas present while I sat there, and I socialized with my neighbors. And it was PERFECT weather. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday alone!

I still have 3 big trash bags of stuff to take to the thrift store, but that's better than 6 big trash bags, right? And now I have a little cash to buy fall clothes that fit me, which was the whole point of having the yard sale in the first place.

I just did it yesterday, which was tiring enough, believe me! And it's just as well, because it rained today.

Unfortunately, Adam woke up late with a migraine, so we really didn't do much of anything today, together or otherwise. I think it's just as well that he got some rest, anyway.

Thanks for asking, by the way. Hope you had a decent weekend! Yard sales are a lot of work for a small return, so don't feel too badly about missing your mom's - especially if the weather was crap! LOL

Re: Not too bad! new
      #209348 - 08/29/05 07:19 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Glad you had a good time, made some money and cleaned out some stuff!! Sounds like a good day!!
HUGS!

--------------------
Heather7476

HUGS back atcha! new
      #209426 - 08/29/05 10:27 AM
atomic rose

Miss you, woman! It's good to see you! How are you doing?

Re: HUGS back atcha! new
      #209561 - 08/29/05 02:40 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hanging in there. Thanks for asking! I have have had a headache for two days now and that is getting old other than that things are going well, just busy!! Did you see my response to you on the heating oil issue?
HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: HUGS back atcha! new
      #209607 - 08/29/05 06:44 PM
atomic rose

I did, but I can't remember what you said now. I was so busy this past weekend that I read all the replies really fast... I really have to go back now and process what everyone's said!

Headaches are the pits... I hope yours goes away soon! Glad to hear things are good otherwise! Busy isn't such a bad thing. I just always notice when the "regulars" disappear and reappear, lol.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 996 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 561

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review