All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
I'm SO angry!
      #208835 - 08/26/05 11:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

My insurance won't pay for outpatient therapy like my psychiatrist wants me to do. I can't keep unloading here or on hubby (sorry guys...but the purpose of this site is NOT to help someone with bipolar or sexual abuse...but IBS and related issues).

I have been on the phone all morning and no one has groups for my issues. Restate...there is one for depression and one for self esteem and the closest we get. While I DO have depression and low self esteem...I have BIPOLAR which isNOT plain depression and sexual abuse issues that cause the low self esteem.

These groups might be helpful to me on some levl but it's like an overeater going to an alcoholics group. Helps but not all the way...make sense?

I feel SO alone!

I'm sick and tired of needing help and not being able to get it. Story of y life.

And puppy needs eye helps for $200 dollars...but we can;'t afford groceries or for my psychiatric care.

Oh well.

G-d must provide....I cannot do this anymore

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Lots of love.... new
      #208836 - 08/26/05 11:54 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

is unfortunately all I can do to help, I fear. I wish I could more help! Does your psychiatrist have any other options? Could you maybe get your psychiatrist to talk to your insurance company?

*HUGS* I'm so sorry, I wish I could help more!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: I'm SO angry! new
      #208838 - 08/26/05 12:06 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh, Rache, I'm sorry things aren't looking up. Talk about an uphill battle.

Re: Lots of love.... new
      #208839 - 08/26/05 12:09 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. It just doesn't seem fair, you've been through enough already! Can your dr's recommened a counselor that may accept a reduce fee for self pay? You can come here any time for support. Although most of us have not been through what you have been through, we can at least offer our hugs and support! Lots of love and hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Big hugs new
      #208843 - 08/26/05 12:32 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I have never heard of an insurance company not paying for outpatient therapy. Even HMO's will pay for a set amount of appointments each year...like 10 or 20.

Have you used them up already?

I agree with Michele. Try to find one that will pay on a sliding scale basis. Kelly (Vicam) is doing this now.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Outpatient Hospitalization new
      #208859 - 08/26/05 12:52 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks y'all...

I must not have been clear. This is for outpatient at a hospital group therapy. They will NOT pay for this. Therapy is not enough for me...outpatient work is a step down from being hospitalzed and what is recommended for most people when released from the hospital as in-patients.

Therapy is great...but I need a LOT of help. And I will not be getting it.

There are NO sexual abuse support groups in my area...I have tried 3 times this past year to find one...they are all disbanned.

I cannot call hubby a zillion times a day at work. I cannot expect him to understand what I am feeling/going through. I need real live people I can call, go for lunch with, etc. and get ideas from on how to live with sexual abuse, bipolar, etc. How do I have normal conversations, how do I have fun, etc. I need to be with people in my situation and to see folks that have been where I am and made it. This is what my psych wants and why she suggested outpatient hospitalization...

Keep thinking...cause I can't keep living like this...and neither can hubby

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

OH, you mean like... new
      #208864 - 08/26/05 12:57 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

an outpatient day program...where you spend the day there going to groups and things like that?

I've heard great things about them. They are very popular now as insurance companies don't have to pay for the patient to stay overnight.

This would be a fantastic thing for you!!! They are great! You get so much intensive therapy in a shorter time period. I will need to think about how to get you into this program!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Outpatient Hospitalization new
      #208881 - 08/26/05 01:48 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Do you have any colleges or universities near you Ruchie?

I'd maybe check there for sexual abuse support groups etc. I know that were I went to undergrad they offered a few free support groups.

Also, if you have colleges near you, you could totally call their psychology departments and ask them if they have any ideas. Students about the get their Phds used to do free counseling at my school for people in the community, and some would run free groups as practice.

Also, they may run psychological research groups etc

just a thought!

--------------------

Good Idea Ashley new
      #208888 - 08/26/05 02:09 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

You may have some teaching hospitals around where you live. They may be able to help. If not tell your doctor that you want to be hospitalized....NEED to be, if only for a few days. Did you tell him how desparate you are? If all else fails go to the cops and tell them you are afraid you are going to hurt yourself. They have to give you help then.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Good Idea Ashley
      #208891 - 08/26/05 02:17 PM
Snow for Sarala

I will ask hubby where the newest university is. Thanks Ahsley *hugs*

Carol...I will still have to PAY for hopsitalization even if I'm suicidal...and we just can't afford that unless I truly AM in acute dangwer. I've decided that self-hard might be what I FEEL like but it makes things worse in the long run. Oh what I wouldn't give for a cigarette (which is odd cause I'm not a SMOKER!!!), a drink (NOT a drinker), et....but I know it's cause I want a release of all the feelings. I can't cook for Shabbos, no running weater in the house. Can't drive a car cause of the tegretol. Can't go outside cause the sun makes me sick (tegretol)...so I'm release-less...

So I keep writing. And I miht put on some music and punch air soon...

Keep the ideas and love/support...Ashley, if the UNI is close by, you might be on to something

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 796 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18310

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review