All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: To all of you (long) new
      #208983 - 08/26/05 06:47 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Beth-
I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I wish I could help in some way. Just know that I am thinking of you and care about you! We would never evict you from here. You are such a kind hearted person and deserve only the best. Find a doctor who cares about you!! You owe that to yourself. *hugs*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank you Angela new
      #208987 - 08/26/05 06:53 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You missed the "break down" post earlier in the week. I was really afraid to "bare it all", but the support I got helped me tremendously.

I've said it before...I believe only very special people get IBS...or at least the one's on this board!

You know, until I just read your post, it didn't even occur to me that I deserve a decent doctor. I tend to have a pretty low self worth gene in me.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Thank you Angela new
      #208990 - 08/26/05 06:56 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Your right I did miss that post. I have been busy all this week with work and my laptop crashed last week so I don't have a computer at work right now. You are worth alot Beth and you need to take care of yourself!! Find someone who will take good care of you as well.

Kate new
      #208994 - 08/26/05 07:02 PM
Augie

I have been very worried about hurting his feelings by leaving him. I know you may not be able to understand that, but I kept wanting him to work for me...and to help me before I gave up on him. I think he is a good man, deep down, as he has never charged me for a visit and did an endoscopy on me for free because I have no money.

Also, I just realized that I didn't think I deserved to have another doctor. I trusted the doctor more than I trust myself. I think there is something wrong with me since he is a doctor and very intelligent.

As far as the delayed gastric emptying diet, I've been afaid to go low fiber as my constipation is awful and my doctor does not want to prescribe Miralax...so I might never go if I don't eat fiber.

I'll let the new doctor advise me...if I don't chicken out seeing him. I'm already feeling sort of sad and disloyal to my old GI doctor. I know he really cares about me deep down and I don't want to hurt him.

--------------------
~ Beth

Oh my MIchelle new
      #208998 - 08/26/05 07:13 PM
Augie

You're post just brought me to tears. Yes, yes, yes, this is how I feel...these are my thoughts, fears, wonders.... My goodnes, you did put your thoughts into words perfectly!

It's as if you are in my mind! You really get it! You really know how I am feeling and what my fears are, and everything!

I'm definitely borrowing some of your faith, my friend. Your words really touch deep inside me...thank you for these words...thank you for sharing your thoughts with me...and thank you for your continual prayers and for helping to teach me more about my God. I need Him so much...I need to believe and trust in His path for me, though I do not understand why He allows me, and others, to suffer.

I wish I had your faith and trust in His plan...and that I could accept it without doubting Him and getting angry.

Your hugs, love, and friendship make me feel very lucky. May God bless you.

I love you so much.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Tina new
      #208999 - 08/26/05 07:15 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Beth, that's terrible for your doctor to treat you that way! His job is to HELP you, not go over Philosophy 101. It sounds like he needs a career change or an attitude adjustment.

This is a good plan Ruchie new
      #209001 - 08/26/05 07:26 PM
Augie

...it will take time and patience...but maybe if I could call one person a day, I could have one in a couple weeks. I did call one person today and really liked her, but she isn't covered by insurance!

I like the idea about if they don't have time to talk to you for 5 minutes, then cross them off right away. That's smart! How many therapists did you actually see in person before you found one to keep?

You know, the night I was in the "dark, scary place" I thought of you and Alicia. I just knew that both of you would understand how it feels to be in that horrible place.

BTW, my doctor will not prescribe xanax. He doesn't believe in it. Weird how different doctors have their own drug preferences. I never heard of ativan.

--------------------
~ Beth

I think he was trying to prove how smart he is! new
      #209002 - 08/26/05 07:31 PM
Augie

By quoting me Ancient philosophers. That, and the fact that he doesn't think there is anything really wrong with me except for "my bowel obsession", so why not spend our time together chatting about philosophy! And I just sat and listened, then got up and left when my time was over.

Actually, his nurse, whom I adore, told me she thinks he is way overdue for retirement. Not because he's real old, but because he isn't serving his patients anymore. My OB knows him and told me he thinks the guy has some sort of chip on his shoulder.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: To all of you (long) new
      #209017 - 08/26/05 08:12 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Beth,
I'm here to talk any time you need me, here or on email. I'm so sorry you're feeling so lost right now, but God is there and He will comfort you if you let him. And do NOT give up!!!
Love and hugs!~

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Kate new
      #209024 - 08/26/05 08:26 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Beth:

YOU DESERVE ANOTHER DOCTOR. This MD is causing you harm. You are not improving. You are not receiving adequete care. He is doing a disservice to you and you in turn are doing a bad deed to yourself--you could feel so much better with more knowledge, more attention, more advice.

If you love yourself and life, get a new doctor. When you start considering suicide and life is misery and painful, that's when it's beyond overdue.

Please--see a new doctor. You are worth it, you are worthy.
You are lovable and capable and life is not only about suffering.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 522 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review