All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Beth? new
      #208816 - 08/26/05 11:13 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Have you ever considered that you might not ahve ibs and it could another digestive disorder?

Seriously. get you new doc to do lots of tests!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hugs gladly received! new
      #208818 - 08/26/05 11:29 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

So Casey stole your ideas?

I'm not sure how the whole job hunting, calling thing goes over the internet. Do you actually apply for the jobs over the internet? I could spend my work days searching for another job! They don't pay me enough anyhow (justfiying me playing on the computer now).

First, I need to decide if I should try to go PT again or try to maintain FT work. That's another darn decision to make! I detest decisions. For Pete's sake, I can't even pick out what to eat for dinner, let alone life decisions.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

It did feel good new
      #208821 - 08/26/05 11:36 AM
Augie

It got a bit long though, didn't it!

I hope I see my dawn soon, because this darkness is getting pretty old! And it's hard not to give up...do you know what I mean? When it's been so long and I've tried so many things and read so much....and still nothing! Okay, now I'm getting bummed and I have taken up this board for too long now!

--------------------
~ Beth

Internet and jobs new
      #208822 - 08/26/05 11:36 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

A lot of universities and companies have online job postings and online resume submissions. Maybe you could try a site like monster.com? It's for resume posting and job searching stuff.

*HUGS* Hope you feel better soon, honey. Being in pain (emotional or physical) is not good at all.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

well.... new
      #208827 - 08/26/05 11:43 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

if your insurance covers a psy.d. I'd go with the psy.d over someone with a masters.

psy.d's basically spend the majority of their training doing counseling as opposed to phd psychs who do alot of research as well as counseling.

nothing against counselors with masters either, but if your insurance covers a Doctor (psyd is phd without the emphasis on research) then i'd definitly go for the person that is a liscensed doctor.

--------------------

Re: Beth? new
      #208845 - 08/26/05 12:37 PM
Augie

Yep, I've considered it...but my dork head GI doc won't give me an answer. One day he tells me I have IBS and the next visit he tells me I don't.

--------------------
~ Beth

Tina new
      #208847 - 08/26/05 12:39 PM
Augie

Do you think I should call my doctor to let him know I am getting a "second opinion" so as to not surprise him and his receptionists? They know me. Do you think this would lessen the confusion, rumors, when they see me to to the other reception desk?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Tina new
      #208849 - 08/26/05 12:46 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

No Beth! You don't owe him anything!

I went to my first ever GI doc and he was a @#$& so I told my family doctor and he sent me to a new one.

You are the patient and can pcik and choose who YOU WANT Seriously!

I changed my family doctor 2 years ago. I had to transer all my files to the new doc and pay a fee for all his notes and the test results in my file. The doc never agve me a hard time AT ALL. It was my choice to change doctors!

I did so mostly because everytime I went there he would talk to me for an hour about how all my complaints were caused by stress. His answer to everything was take a hot bubble bath and do some yoga. He was a great guy but I got sick of him doing nothing.

Within the first month of seeing my new doctor, he scheduled for for a sleep study (to get to the bottom of my insomnia), sent me for GI tests, etc, etc) I told him point blank that he was there to give me answers. And he did!

Re: Tina new
      #208863 - 08/26/05 12:54 PM
Augie

One time I started getting teary eyed because I was in so much physical pain, and my doc slammed my chart shut and told me he couldn't deal with my tears and to come back when I was "more together". For a while I was hiccuping non stop and read that it was a sign of GI distress. When I brought this up to him he said "you're not hiccuping now are you". Smart A**. He also told me that 80 % of people have GI problems and they don't go running to doctors... in other words, what's wrong with me?

Yep, most of my appointments are spent with him lecturing to me about Aristotles and Socrates...like I care! Just help my poor tummy!

UGH...thanks for you opinion.

--------------------
~ Beth

Picking a counselor new
      #208867 - 08/26/05 01:12 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I didn't read all the lists of replies, so if this was suggested, sorry you have to read it twice

I would interview them all! Yep! This is what I did...I called each therapist on my insurance and left a message. Some were willing to speak 5 mins over the phone and have an interview appointment. If they wouldn't chat a bit on the phone, I crossed them off immediately. If I liked them on the phone, I set up an appointment. This way I could pick and choose who I liked.

Anyhow...I love you Beth *hugs* And I understand the whole dark whole thing all to well. Maybe you could try ativan for the anixiety or xanax?

We love you and are here no matter what *big huge hugs and lots of love*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review