All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
thanks Tina new
      #208796 - 08/26/05 10:22 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I took my first pill today...so let's hope it does something for me. I still have to decide on the counselor...so believe it when it happens, so to speak.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: thanks Tina new
      #208797 - 08/26/05 10:25 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Bethie, it may give you some side effects intially but keep with it. I don't want you even thinking of harming yourself and I think it will take effective medication to change your mindset.

As for the counsellors, could you narrow it down by sex? Or by location? Cost?

If you need any help just ask, as always!

Re: To all of you (long) new
      #208798 - 08/26/05 10:33 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Beth,

Wow! You expressed yourself so clearly in this post. I hope it felt good to get all that stuff out. As others have said, you are always welcome here, no matter what your physical or mental state!

You have been given some good advice here already, like what Dalia said about yoga and Michele's suggestion about calling doctor's offices. The other thing you could do is just ask the receptionist about the doctor's personality. Different therapists (and different doctors) have different approaches, and the receptionist can probably give you a good idea.

Big hugs! Never give up! Remember that it is always darkest before the dawn!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Dalia new
      #208799 - 08/26/05 10:37 AM
Augie

Thank you for both your emails...you are a truly a blessing in my life. I'm sorry I worried you...but I was worried.

I can imagine me trying to do yoga while my landlord is sandblasting below me. UGH...he is so rude.

I'm still walking 30 minutes a day,,,but I think I need something more intense as this doesn't seem to be helping. Do you recommend something more intense? Or do you think yoga and walking will be enough? I love the idea of a free yoga start...as I can't afford a class.

You're right about my doc...I've shared many of his off the wall, cruel comments with you. I still feel like I would be betraying him by going to someone else. I have the name of someone else who can see me next week . But, he is right next door to my current GI doc...and when I say right next door, I mean the reception desks face each other and are about 20 yards away. Everyone at my doc's office know me, after 3 years...so I'm sure they will be talking and gossiping as my current doc has never even charged me for a vistit...and he did an endoscopy on me for free. So, I feel I owe him...but he is still and idiot and treats me like crap. Sort of like the abusive husband who beats his wife but she thinks she deserves it or feels guilty for the one time he was nice.

Anyhow, thank you for all your kind words...I do worry that my emails may be bugging you. I tend to forget how busy you are (because you have a real life outside of your IBS)...so thanks for explaining again.

I love you, Dals. Thank you for being there for me.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Dalia new
      #208801 - 08/26/05 10:39 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh Beth, go to the new doctor. Don't worry about betraying your old doc. He's a @#$%!!!!!

Thank you so much Carol new
      #208802 - 08/26/05 10:40 AM
Augie

I think we are sort of in the same boat as far as family. We both are single...and I'm not sure if you have any extended family that helps you. I don't so the people on these boards have become my adopted family.

Thank you for being part of my family. And thank you for "taking care of me".

Love and hugs to you.

--------------------
~ Beth

Hi Michele new
      #208805 - 08/26/05 10:51 AM
Augie

Thank you, my friend. I think that is a good idea...but a little too overwelming right now. Maybe by next Monday or so, I will gather the energy to start making the calls and phone interviewing some of these faceless names. Do they really let you talk to the actual therapist without even being a patient?

The names I have include men, women, MA's in counseling therapy, PsyD's, one christian Counselor,...a shlew to choose from.

Do you think Hypno can "rewire" the pain circuits? The article sounded like once the transmitters are overly active over years, they are too strong to reverse.

Don't you still need your hypno CD's? Did they help you? Did you order the ones from this sight for 100 bucks?

Lots of love and big hugs right backatcha. Don't let your heart break...you're baby needs a mommy with a heart! And do you promise you won't evict me? I'm not kidding when I said it is a big fear of mine. I know you all must be tiring of me...I'm tired of me. And I keep asking the same darn questions over and over. I don't mean to...I just keep going in circles and often forget what everyone has said to me...and who said what! As you know, with so many different posters and approaches and what works for whom, the information can get all scrambled in my overactive, overly obsessive mind!

--------------------
~ Beth

Thank you Maria new
      #208808 - 08/26/05 10:54 AM
Augie

God must have known I needed you on the boards that night. You're email to me that night saved me, I swear! I read your kind words and was able to not feel so alone...and went to sleep knowing you were there.

Better be careful with your offer to email you anytime...I may just take you up on it!

--------------------
~ Beth

Kelly, sounds like we are in a similar situation... new
      #208810 - 08/26/05 11:01 AM
Augie

...in life and trying to hang on and just get better. Thank you for your words of support and for making me feel welcomed, even after all the whining and questioning people to death I do!

I hope the Prozac helps. It's suppose to maybe cause diarrhea, which would certainly help my C condition. I took it about 4 hours ago, and so far I'm not feeling any side effects. As far as Klonopin, he started me on one mg, then wanted to increase it to 2 mg, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to function at work at that amount. So, he told me to stay at 1 mg taken before bedtime, but sometimes I think I should try the 2 mg since I am still highly anxious. Do you know if taking it at night will help the anxiety during the next day? I mean, I'm not anxious when I'm sleeping!

How do you like your counselor now that you are seeing her? Did you want a female or did it just work out that way?

I might have to take a day off work and just sit at the phone and make some calls to get this going. I can't seem to work FT and take care of myself at the same time.

--------------------
~ Beth

Hi Casey new
      #208815 - 08/26/05 11:12 AM
Augie

I just tried your method and it landed on someone named Robert Zittler. Should have crossed him off before I did it as my father's name is Robert (abusive SOB)! The name I like the best, and the one my "shrink" suggested I start with is not included in my insurance plan! But, who knows how long I'll be here anyhow at the rate I'm going. But I need to be working somewhere...but that's a whole other topic for a different time!

Are you serious about emailing you the list? I could post the names here and you all could vote on them! I swear, I am the most indecisive, perfectionistic, procrastinator God ever created.

All the other names are neither attractive to me nor distasteful. And I don't know if I should go with a man or a woman or a Psy D or a MA in Counseling Psychology or what.

Yep, it sure is overwhelming when I see all the things that need to be fixed. This keeps me paralyzed from doing any of it! But I know if I got a counselor...she/he would be able to help me to do the other things, hopefully.

Love and hugs

Bethie

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review