All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Hi Michele new
      #208878 - 08/26/05 01:42 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, I bought the $100 cd's from here and I think they did help some. They certainly help me relax and loads of people swear by them! It wouldn't hurt to try. If you are interested, email me and we will talk!

And yes, I think most therpaist will call you back and talk to you in you explain that you are trying to find the right one for you. If they can't bother to take 5 minutes for an introduction then they may not be worth going to, in my opinion!

An no, we won't evite you from here! Lots of love and hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Picking a counselor new
      #208880 - 08/26/05 01:48 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Great Idea!

Re: Beth? new
      #208882 - 08/26/05 01:48 PM
Sara-Sage

Well a new doctor will be able to help you sort it all out.

Re: Tina new
      #208883 - 08/26/05 01:50 PM
Sara-Sage

Ok, he should be HISTORY! That is UNACCEPTABLE. He is a BULLY! Grrrrrr... I'll kick his butt for you!!!

Don't see him ever again. Get a new doctor. He gives you such a hard time, maybe in his twisted mind he'll be glad?

You deserve MUCH, MUCH better professional medical care!

Beth new
      #208884 - 08/26/05 01:58 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I wish I coud put into words how this post makes me feel! Imagine me hugging you tight and crying with you - that is what I feel right now.

When I read this I see someone who is very brave and very strong. Because you are open and honest with your feelings and you keep on coming back for answers even when none have seemed to help... you are NOT a flunkie!!!!!!!!!!!! It is just clear that something besides just diet is going on with you, that's all, because otherwise surely something would have helped you by now. That doesn't mean you stop trying to alter your diet but your doctor should for sure be looking at other things - what, I don't know, I have no idea, but you've sure done your part!

No matter what, you are not alone. I have no idea why this particular path in your life is so dark and long and hard, I've been down some like that and they seem to last FOREVER and I've thought there's no way I'll ever get through this or feel good again or happy or hopeful again. But it DOES PASS!! And you just keep having hope that it WILL PASS for you too and there is "BETTER" ahead! If you've lost faith in that, than borrow some of mine, because I believe it and continue to pray it for you. In the meantime I can only trust that the One who loves you more than I do has some purpose for this rocky road you are on - this is a broken world we live in, He does not ever desire that we should suffer, but He does promise to ALWAYS work it out for the good of those who love Him, so somewhere up the road that "good" is ahead and I do trust that, even though I don't claim to understand it.

Big big hugs....it's good to hear from you. I know I'm AWOL most of the time now but I've not forgotten you, my friend!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Augie new
      #208886 - 08/26/05 01:59 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Just remember ... they are getting PAID to provide us with a service. We have every right to switch if they aren't providing the quality of service we want. If you went to a butcher store that had crappy meat you wouldn't go back. That's how I feel about doctors.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

And on a more pracitical note.... new
      #208889 - 08/26/05 02:10 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

follow these gals' advice - get that new Dr and don't give your old one another thought, I wish I could kick his teeth in for you! It took me a long time to learn to stand up for myself with doctors, but once I realized how much I was fighting for my kids and NOT for ME, I started speakign up FOR MYSELF TOO and fired 2 doctors (one GI and one OB-GYN) and got new ones. I told the new ones right off the bat that it was up to them to prove to me they could be my doctor, and after interviewing them, told them they were "hired". You are their BOSS!!! You are THE DONALD!!! Or should I say you are THE BETH!!!

Same with a therapist - I just saw a counsellor for the first time in my entire life and I thought I would hate the guy, had really wanted a female, but the truth is he was fantastic adn I do hope to see a woman for the long haul but point is people can surprise you. But if you dont' feel comfortable just be honest and open and say, "You aren't goign to work, I've got to find someone else".

I know - I mean I DO KNOW how hard it is to do all this when you feel sick and hurt, I really do!!!! Do as much as you can over the phone.

Okay - anyway - had to throw all that in, ditto what all these gals are saying, you are worth it!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Hi Casey new
      #208894 - 08/26/05 02:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If you want to email the list, go for it! I can't promise a reply tonight, because I'm getting ready for a yard sale (good grief, I must be nuts, but I need cash!), but I *can* pick somebody for you by Sunday.

I betcha I'm more of a perfectionist than you are, and I KNOW I'm a worse procrastinator. But we won't argue about that right now.

Re: Why can't you get another doctor? new
      #208900 - 08/26/05 02:32 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Beth, I don't understand why you can't get another doctor. Also, I don't understand why you don't follow the delayed gastric emptying diet guidelines as you say you have that condition. Obviously, your doctor stinks! You're not getting appropriate attention and your life seems to be deteriorating. That's hardly fair.

Kate.

Beth new
      #208925 - 08/26/05 03:24 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Yeah, it's a lousy situation to be in isn't it? Sometimes I feel like I'm just hanging on to the edge, and that I'm either going to have a complete nervous break or kill myself. Thankfully those thoughts are less common now, but they still happen

As for the Klonopin, what I can tell you is that it's one of the more potent benzos and very small changes in dose can be effective...so for example, you wouldn't necessarily have to take 2mg at bedtime if 1mg isn't cutting it, you could try 1.5 or even 1.25...I even know people who do 1.15...you just have to find the right balance, obviously you don't want to be so groggy you can't wake up in the morning but you don't want to suffer either.

As for whether it would help during the day, it should help a little, but again you don't want to overdo it. I know sometimes if I'm extra tired for some reason and I take a full dose before bed I am practically comatose when I try and get up. I can give you an example of how it works for me (I have a screwed up sleeping schedule) and hopefully that'll help you. I don't normally go to bed until sometime between 2-3am...that's when I take the Klonopin. I get up around noon (I know terrible) and I find I don't need my "afternoon" dose of Klonopin until 5ish...so it does help me a little in the morning. It is one of the longest lasting benzos out there. I have a friend who is a pharmacist and this is what she told me: " the half life of clonazepam is 18-50 hours (half life is the time it
takes for the drug to drop to a level of 50% of its activity)." Now whether it's 18 or 50 depends on how your body metabolizes meds, but it's something to go on

As for the therapist, I actually haven't seen her yet (I have my first appointment on Tuesday) but was encouraged by the way she sounded on the phone (and I liked that she answered her own calls). I'll let you know how it goes I wasn't looking specifically for a female, in fact, I often do better with males for some reason, just the way it worked out.

Hope you're feeling better,
Kelly

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review