All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Counceling new
      #208426 - 08/25/05 08:56 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Nelly, maybe once you two calm down a bit and aren't both on the defensive, you guys will be able to have a good talk?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes, eviction notice new
      #208427 - 08/25/05 08:57 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You're one tough cookie. Way to stand your ground!

Re: Tough love is tough ON ME new
      #208430 - 08/25/05 09:00 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Yeah, the tough part goes both ways doesn't it?? Part of loving someone is putting their interests before you, but at some point you have to stop and make sure that you're not hurting both of you in the long run. It looks like you've reached this point already. What is love worth? I don't really know if there is an answer. But if your gut and instincts and common sense are all telling you "this isn't right", chances are...it's not. Definitely try for counseling cause hey---not everyone grows up as quickly as others, and we all make mistakes in our lives and deserve a chance. But don't make your life a string of "second chances" for him.
You probably won't stop crying anytime soon, so sorry!! Be strong and brave. As awful as things are, I don't think it's completely hopeless. But stick to your guns!! You want a man who can make the right choices without you forcing him too!

--------------------

Don't know new
      #208431 - 08/25/05 09:06 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I want to have a good talk with him. But I mean, he's picking up the bike TODAY.

The last talk we had, he refused to look at the future, to see that what he needs is a CAR. He couldn't tell me what he'd be doing for transportation in November, just that he'd "figure something out."

And he doesn't understand the worry that comes with losing a loved one. I've lost people I know to car accidents and so I know it can happen in a flash. He refuses to accept that there's a risk to him riding. He'd rather chalk up my reaction to histrionics than accapt I might have a point to worrying while he's away.

But you're right, we def need to calm down before we talk again. I actually think I'm just going to take off to my mother's or something til we can talk about it.

~nelly~

Thank you for the support!! new
      #208433 - 08/25/05 09:12 AM
Nelly

I can't go around making the right choices for him! I thought he was becomming more responsible and making the right choices, but he takes the first opportunity to screw up. So frustrating investing my time into a relationship, when he trades me in for a new bike. I wish the tears would stop, but you're right, I've got a ways to go yet. I hate crying! It just makes me feel more miserable.

~nelly~

Re: Yes, eviction notice new
      #208435 - 08/25/05 09:17 AM
Nelly

Yeah! Don't mess with nelly! I'm not afraid of being alone, but I am worried about him on that bike. You should have seen the stunts he was trying to do with his last one. *shudder*

I've never been shy about breaking up with guys. I mean, when it's over, it's over. I want to give him every opportunity to fix his mess, but come Sept. 24th (30 days), he's getting the doorwith or without the sheriff department's help. I'm totally not playing!

~nelly~

Don't tempt me!! LOL! :) -nt- new
      #208437 - 08/25/05 09:18 AM
Nelly

Re: Don't know new
      #208445 - 08/25/05 09:32 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

When he goes out riding call the cops and report him as not having a license. Getting in trouble is better than getting in an accident.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Don't know new
      #208447 - 08/25/05 09:35 AM
Nelly

Ooooooooooooo...!

~nelly~

ouch... new
      #208448 - 08/25/05 09:35 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hey, Nelly, I just want to send some hugs your way. It sounds like you guys have reached an impasse where neither one of you is willing to compromise. Counseling sounds like a good idea so that you can figure out if there's a way around this one.

Big hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 316 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14627

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review