All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
I don't normally do this kind of thing, but...
      #208159 - 08/24/05 12:03 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Adam's job, to be totally blunt about it, SUCKS. The pay is crap, the work environment blows, and now they're jerking him around with the hours and the schedule... all of this on top of him driving 60 miles each way to get there, which with current gas prices is sucking up about a quarter of his paycheck. He's not even getting medical insurance out of the deal, because we couldn't afford to have any more taken out of his check.

Soooo....

This Friday, he's going to be job-hunting up here in the local area. He's tried looking in the paper and online at job postings with absolutely no luck, so he's going to try his luck just driving around and going to every business he can think of. We're getting a little desperate. With colder weather coming, we literally cannot afford to buy any heating fuel, and to say that I'm freaking out a little is an understatement.

If you pray, if you light candles, however you send up wishes and thoughts to the deity of your choice or the universe at large, I'm asking for a few good thoughts Adam's way, if you can spare them. We've lived together for 2 years now, and we seriously just CANNOT catch a break - health problems, job losses, car problems, my ebay stuff has been SO slow - our luck is just awful. We NEED a break, and we need it before October.

Thanks for any good thoughts you can spare, guys. And hey, if you have small-town job-hunting tips, share those too. *hugs*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't normally do this kind of thing, but... new
      #208161 - 08/24/05 12:09 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh Casey dear. You have had some tough breaks.

I will send you some postive vibes right now in hopes that Adam finds something promising job-wise soon.

I'm sorry your e-bay business isn't going well. Is there anything you can do to bring in some money? I know you knit very well. You also take beautiful photographs. Hmmm...

I'm sorry and I hope you guys catch a break soon. I don't want you and Adam freezing in the winter (again)

p.s. Have you considered modeling, Casey?

Definitely can do.... new
      #208163 - 08/24/05 12:17 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

sending lots of positive and happy vibes you and Adam's way.

No good job-hunting suggestions. My mom's been trying to find a job as well, and it hasn't been going well. My roommate's been looking for a job for over a year, and has only been able to find a temp job that ended last week. Be persistent within reason is the only thing I know of.

Best of luck!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Sending prayers your way -nt- new
      #208164 - 08/24/05 12:21 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Been there--lots of prayers for you both!--nt new
      #208165 - 08/24/05 12:24 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

#208170 - 08/24/05 12:38 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Casey,

Don't worry about asking for prayers and good thoughts...that's what we're here for! I'll be thinking about him and I really hope you guys catch a break soon

Will keep you and Adam in my prayers---nt--- new
      #208171 - 08/24/05 12:42 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#208174 - 08/24/05 12:45 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You'll both be in my prayers. XO

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#208175 - 08/24/05 12:48 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Sending lots of positive energy your way, Casey!

This really sucks... it really does show how strong of a love you and Adam have for each other to make it through all that you have been for the past two years.

Everyone gets their break sometime, just hang in there! (I know, I know, that is ALOT easier said)

((HUGS))

By the way- Not that it would really help you much, but what kind of ebay stuff do you have? I never buy off of it, but I am moving into a new apt tomorrow with the BF, so we can both save money (and not be homeless), and I may be in the need for various stuff... it will be hard to tell til we have everything arranged and unpacked though.

--------------------
-Sheri

#208178 - 08/24/05 12:54 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hope he finds something suitable soon! I know the job market is crappy right now and with you guys living in a small town, it must be very difficult to find decent work! What type of work does he or is he willing to do?

I hope your ebay stuff picks up. Honestly, I've never done the e-bay thing so I haven't any advice there. I will most definitely keep you and Adam in my thoughts! Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16164

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review