All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Another Stephen King fan! new
      #208969 - 08/26/05 05:55 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ditto. Jane Rowlings and Stephen King save me from myself during the 'witching hours!' (I don't sleep!) (Well, I sort of do, but it's in the afternoons, and it's more 'kate-napping.") Do you like Dean Koontz? Another authour I reread time and time and time again is David Eddings. I like both Jonathan and Faye Kellerman, as well. Oh, and how can I neglect Terry Brooks! (I think this is one of those never-ending lists, but King and Rowlings are in the top ten.)

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't normally do this kind of thing, but... new
      #209037 - 08/26/05 10:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh Casey... I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this.... I'm thinking of you and your honey right now...as I watch the flickering of the flame on my candle.... (coffee hazelnut scent by the way)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I have an idea for you. new
      #209089 - 08/27/05 11:18 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Since I've been on EI this summer(UI for you Americans) I posted a resume on Monster.com, and have had a few hits and 4 job offers already-it's only been like 2 weeks it's been on there. I'm sure if you mention you like to work form home on that monster webpage, you'd get hits on it and people would contact you.

And Tina is totally right, you could TOTALLY model.

Let me know if that monster thing is feasible for you.
hugs and love, I know how scary money can be.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Carol! new
      #209099 - 08/27/05 11:54 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Whoa girl, that's a great idea! you're so cute-"I will not stop till we find Casey Work!!"

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

ROFL!! new
      #209101 - 08/27/05 12:09 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You guys crack me up! We're supposed to be finding ADAM work! LOL!!

But seriously... I'm taking all these ideas into consideration (well, ok, except the modeling one ), even if I'm not commenting specifically to them. Now back outside for me - I'm in the middle of a yard sale right now - yay money!

How do you post a resume... new
      #209168 - 08/27/05 07:12 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

on a web search like Monster.com? I want to do that but don't know how?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I'm way late on this but ... new
      #210112 - 08/31/05 10:57 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I saw this when you posted it, but didn't have any suggestions then. I still don't have any job-hunting tips for Adam, but as far as something else you could do, this morning cupcakes popped into my mind, so:

Baking - You could put together a Dessert of the Day for local diners, cafes, whatever. If they're near you or near where Adam works or in between, he could drop them off on his way to work. If you keep it small enough, you might be able to stay under the radar as far as Health Department, licensing, and so on. (I'd be happy to give you a couple of my gooiest, most IBS-unsafe dessert recipes. Heaven knows I'll never make them again. )

Make a quilt - This seems like a very Maine winter thing to do. You can piece it on the sewing machine and even quilt it by machine, but I think you'd get more if you quilted it by hand. I don't know if you could get these prices, but hopefully you could get a decent amount of money. You could offer custom quilts, too, made from customers' favorite fabrics or treasured pieces of clothing. And years ago I found a woman who did quilt wall hangings in unusual fabrics - silk, corduroy, feathers, sequins. They were spectacular. Furthermore, if you'd do quilt repairs, I'd be first in line.

HTH. Good luck to you both.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16378

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review