All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I don't know what is wrong with me
      #208037 - 08/24/05 07:57 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

but I fell this morning! I got up from working on my laptop and my feet got caught in the cord, and I went over sideways onto the living room rug! My feet stayed in one place, and my body went another way, so I twisted my back, shoulder, and hip.

Yikes! I'm embarrassed to say that this is the 2nd time this week I'm tripped over the computer cord. I did the same thing with my desktop upstairs (my son had rearranged the wires in a different way.)

And the other night, while visiting friends, I got up from their dining room table, and banged my head into the chandelier. Later, I got up again and hit it a 2nd time! Everyone just laughed. I was so embarrassed.

I'm beginning to think there's something seriously wrong with me!!!! I know I'm a klutz, but this is ridiculous. I keep wondering what I'm going to do next.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't know what is wrong with me new
      #208059 - 08/24/05 08:43 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hehe. I do that kind of thing ALL the time. The only thing I can say if that if it's noticeably worse, get your ears checked out as an inner ear problem won't help.

I hate that new
      #208070 - 08/24/05 09:16 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm super klutzy, too. When we were camping, I tripped over the same rock at least three times. For some reason, my learning mechanism doesn't work when it comes to that stuff!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#208096 - 08/24/05 10:01 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I am a total klutz too! Luckily no one was around to see you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I can so relate!!LOL new
      #208106 - 08/24/05 10:06 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I feel twice while in AZ! Once I landed on a pile of towles by the pool so I didn't get hurt, but the seconded time I got my toe caught on the ledge of the pool as I was getting out and did a bang up job on knees and foot. I was leaving the next day and when I had to put my shoes back on after going through secutrity I reopened my kneww and bleed all over the airport!

I hope your ok and don't worry it happens to all of us!!!
HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#208111 - 08/24/05 10:11 AM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

this seems to happen to everyone at least once in life. I have the same problem once in a while. I heard it was caused by micro shifts in the bodies' structure, ie adding or loseing a pound or a slight increase or decrease in height.

#208148 - 08/24/05 11:28 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sorry you're having a rough time BL. I'm a huge klutz too so I can sympathize, and it's gotten way worse since I started taking all the Klonopin. Have you changed your meds in any way at all? A lot of those psych meds can really screw up your balance and stuff...I've done some pretty dumb stuff

Anyways, I wouldn't be embaressed or anything, just smile and try and laugh it off and no one will think anything of it!

Another mega klutz here.... new
      #208166 - 08/24/05 12:28 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

my body is so littered with bruises that people constantly ask if I'm sick!! And I can't remember them all, there are too many. I run into something, it hurts and I think "That's going to be a bruise" and then a few days later I can't remember.
I'm also quite shocked I still have the two smallest toes on my right foot because I've hit them on the corner of our hallway so many times I can't even count. And it's deadly pain each time!
I actually think part of my problem is I'm always "rushing" or doing more than one thing at a time and I don't pay enough attention to my surroundings.

--------------------

Thanks for making me feel better new
      #208176 - 08/24/05 12:49 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only klutz! This is why I don't participate in sports. I'm afraid I'd hurt myself (or someone else)!!!

As for the meds, I wondered about that, but I've recently reduced my dosage to almost nothing. Maybe the lack of meds has gotten me out of whack. I feel kind of dazzled---like I can't think clearly. Earlier today, I came out of the bookstore and stepped right into the path of a car. Thank goodness, my children are grown and I only have myself to take care of. I scare myself sometimes!

(And Ginger, I don't mean to laugh, but I'm laughing with you about the bruises. I have 2 knots on my forehead from the chandelier collisions the other night, and now I can't wait to see what size bruise I'll have on my left leg where I crashed to the floor this morning.)

#208177 - 08/24/05 12:54 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Hahaha, it is ok BL! I am the same way! I am ALWAYS bumping into something, tripping over things that aren't even there... and if there is food or drink to be spilled, glasses to be broken, soda to explode all over a ritzy hair salon (VERY embarrasing), than you can count on me. I trip on any set of stairs I try to climb, from the art museum to my apartment.

It adds character being clumsy! My friend told me that she thinks it is very endearing, like the clumsy heroine of a heartwarming novel.

hehheeehee, I wish!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2808 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 810

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review