Yucky day, need encouragement!
      #207915 - 08/23/05 04:10 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I had a bad day. poor me!

What went wrong:

1. I went to the dentist.(never good)

2.A work colleague went home sick and started to cry in front of me that she "had no support here". I don't know what to do and am at an absolute loss on this, but feel that she is blaming me for this in some way. I am absolutely dreading going in tomorrow as I have no idea what form she will be in and how to cope with her, HELP!

3. I parted with my engagement ring and am not wearing it for the first time since I got it, its in the jewellers getting resized and I will have it back on Thursday but since I left it in nothing has gone right for me.

4. I got a facial but the mask started tingling and the beauty therapist wasn't there so when she came back in I asked her if it should and she said no and panicked a bit. I thought I was going to have a big bad allergic reaction but she later found out that the tingling was normal, not before scaring me badly first

5. P left on a business trip til Thursday night and I am missing him

6. I realised 5 minutes from home on the bus at 8.15 pm that my keys were in my gymbag, which was at work so I had to stay on the bus and go back to work to collect them and get another bus home, I lost an hour of my life, I was SOOO MAD

7. We only got one RSVP in the post today, every other day there's been at least three and there are still 50 something outstanding, but the closing date is Friday 2nd.

OK if things go well tomorrow I promise to post good and nice stuff. Am really, really dreading going in though

Send me good wishes or wallow with me please!

Thanks,

S.

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yucky day, need encouragement! new
      #207920 - 08/23/05 04:17 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Ahh Sinead. We have all had days like you have. Not exactly the same stuff but I know how you feel. Just chalk it up to one of those days. Tomorrow will be much better for you! As for the wedding stuff, it sucks to have outstanding stuff. Sometimes people are slackers. You can't control that. But whatever you do, don't let it put a damper on your wedding. Just remember that day is for you and P, and the people that are there are the ones who truly care about your union. And Padhraig will be back soon and I am sure he misses you as well!!

--------------------

#207923 - 08/23/05 04:21 PM
cailin

Thanks Tommy, I'm not upset about the RSVPs really but if there had been more of them they could have brightened my day if you know what I mean and I was banking on them too much!

There are lots of wedding jobs that we are both studiously avoiding doing which is just pure silly but that's just the way we are at the moment.

Thanks so much for responding, I can go to bed feeling better now, (even if I am all on my own, sob)

S.

--------------------
S.

#207927 - 08/23/05 04:26 PM
TommyNY

Sinead, you're never on your own! You always have your IBS family here on the boards. Get some sleep, it is late in Ireland, almost 12:30. Rest up and wake up tomorrow thinking that you're going to have a great day! Good night!!

--------------------

#207929 - 08/23/05 04:28 PM
cailin

I KNOW I KNOW! The last thing P said to me when I was talking to him earlier was "don't stay up too late on the internet" and I said "I have no intention of doing that!"

Night night

S

--------------------
S.

#207935 - 08/23/05 04:46 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awwww sinead that sucks!!

hopefully you'll wake up feeling better tomorrow. I'd be incredibly P.O.ed if I left my keys and had to go all the way back too!!

as for the rsvps.. how many people did you invite! it sounds like it was a ton of people.

--------------------

Hope you're feeling better! new
      #207975 - 08/23/05 11:50 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I hate being parted from my engagement ring too. When I lost the original centre stone I bawled for HOURS.

Good luck at work.

#208002 - 08/24/05 05:54 AM
cailin

Thanks Ashley,am definitely in better form today.

About the RSVPs, just don't mention it, I will confess at a later stage but there is "around" 200 invited. We both have big Irish families, and tons of friends.

We both wanted a big party and that sounds just like what we are going to get!

--------------------
S.

#208004 - 08/24/05 05:58 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I hope today is going better for you honey. Murphys law can be a realy B##ch! HUGS and Kisses!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Hope you're feeling better! new
      #208008 - 08/24/05 06:00 AM
cailin

Thanks Linz, very busy at work but defo in better form today, tired though, thanks to staying up late on the boards last night (doh!)

I would have a complete freaker if I lost my stone (I only have one) what did you do- could you claim on the insurance?
Oh the thoughts of it..

S

--------------------
S.

Only 200? new
      #208012 - 08/24/05 06:04 AM
TommyNY

Just kidding. That is one BIG Irish wedding!!!

--------------------

#208025 - 08/24/05 07:16 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm sorry for the bad day, sweetie. I sure hope today is going better for you. Please let us know how your co-worker is. Try not to be too upset about it until you know if she really is upset at you, maybe she was just having a bad day too? Hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#208033 - 08/24/05 07:43 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Cailin, I had one of those days last week when everything seemed to be going wrong! I just started crying. It's funny how once we get in that mindset it seems to make more bad things happen. I just hope tomorrow is better for you! I am certainly sending you good wishes for a happier day!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Oh no! I'll be right over. new
      #208047 - 08/24/05 08:25 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

What a sucky stream of bad luck!! I agree it is somehow tied in to the temporary loss of your ring. And of course the loss of Natalie and meee. No doubt things will turn around when your perfectly re-sized ring comes back. Until then I suggest you keep your eyes open for any more bad luck coming your way, and don't get into any hot air balloons or anything.

Stuff has been rolling off my back lately, and I'm thinking this is probably the best vacation I've ever had in my life. Next time we'll do it when you have some time off too. Just keep meditating on how great your honeymoon will be. I hate crying women at work too. You don't need the aggravation right now with so much stuff on your plate!

I've also been being plagued by evil women-- calls from my neighbor (the one whose demented mother I elder-sat). She never leaves any messages, just hangs up. It's like having, I dunno, Death call or something. I have been completely emersing myself in Father Ted, second season, to cope. Great therapy!

You're doing the best you can. Keep that focus, and don't let the crap get to you. You're doing great, and you so don't deserve all these random bad things!! Keep on keeping on, and post back here when you get the chance!

~nelly~

Re: Only 200? new
      #208077 - 08/24/05 09:32 AM
cailin

Don't jinx us....200 is "our best possible if the people we didn't really want to invite don't turn up figure"!!!

--------------------
S.

#208078 - 08/24/05 09:34 AM
cailin

Thanks Michele. Coworker is back in today, I had a chat with her and offered to help out, she feels unsupported, but not so much by me as by the other people on the team who she manages and wants to delegate to. She was defo having a bad day too.

--------------------
S.

Thanks Kree new
      #208084 - 08/24/05 09:38 AM
cailin

Thanks for your post, its all behind me now, I will post an update on all the yucky things later

--------------------
S.

Re: Oh no! I'll be right over. new
      #208085 - 08/24/05 09:41 AM
cailin

Quote:

And of course the loss of Natalie and meee

Why didn't I think of that!!!
Am avoiding walking under ladders and chasing black cats today!

Glad that you enjoyed your break so much, I really need mine, only five and a bit weeks til the honeymoon now, thankfully.

I agree that Father Ted is great therapy. I'm off to the gym to work off my aggression and then meeting a friend for a bite to eat.

None of the things were really bad, just all made me feel sorry for myself, I'm pretty much over it

Thanks everyone, I will post an update on the whole lot later

Sinéad

--------------------
S.

#208087 - 08/24/05 09:49 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Things will be better today SInead! I can just feel it!

--------------------
-Sheri

#208126 - 08/24/05 10:27 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh boy, we all have our share of those days.

#208146 - 08/24/05 11:26 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

DIdn't see this until today, so i hope your day today is going much better for you Sorry that you had such a yucky day yesterday, definately sounds like one of those days you just want to put behind you and completely forget about it!

Here's hoping today was better
Kelly

#208308 - 08/25/05 01:48 AM
cailin

Thanks everyone, didn't get a moment to post my feeling better update yet so will do that hopefully later on, as you can gather by the title of the update, I am feeling better !

--------------------
S.

Sinead's yucky day update new
      #208584 - 08/25/05 03:24 PM
cailin

Updates on my yucky day post, have my ring back so am in better form and looking on the bright side today! Thanks everyone for your kind words

1. I went to the dentist.(never good)
OK so I didn't actually have to get any fillings or anything, turns out I just have an exposed root that is causing sentivitity and its fixable

2.A work colleague went home sick and started to cry in front of me that she "had no support here". I don't know what to do and am at an absolute loss on this, but feel that she is blaming me for this in some way. I am absolutely dreading going in tomorrow as I have no idea what form she will be in and how to cope with her, HELP!
I spoke to her the next day and offered to help however I could. She is very stressed but much of it is being caused by herself and she will not see this. At least I have spoken to her about it now and I suppose that means really that my conscience is clear

3. I parted with my engagement ring and am not wearing it for the first time since I got it, its in the jewellers getting resized and I will have it back on Thursday but since I left it in nothing has gone right for me.
I collected it at lunchtime and its perfect, and all nice and shiny because they cleaned it

4. I got a facial but the mask started tingling and the beauty therapist wasn't there so when she came back in I asked her if it should and she said no and panicked a bit. I thought I was going to have a big bad allergic reaction but she later found out that the tingling was normal, not before scaring me badly first
at least I had a facial!
5. P left on a business trip til Thursday night and I am missing him He's back

6. I realised 5 minutes from home on the bus at 8.15 pm that my keys were in my gymbag, which was at work so I had to stay on the bus and go back to work to collect them and get another bus home, I lost an hour of my life, I was SOOO MAD This hasn't changed I am still mad even thinking about this! However I have been EXTRA careful with my keys since

7. We only got one RSVP in the post today, every other day there's been at least three and there are still 50 something outstanding, but the closing date is Friday 2nd.
We also got 2 by email that night, they really are slowing up now but I need to manage my own expectations!

--------------------
S.

Re: Sinead's yucky day update new
      #208670 - 08/26/05 02:08 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Glad things are better now Sinead, Im sure it was the curse of not having your engagement ring on!! How are you getting on with your tasty/luna bar rashioning?? I am trying my best to save mine till uni in a few weeks cos they will come in so handy for a lazy student like me!!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6278

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review