www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm really struggling tonight new
      #207716 - 08/23/05 07:43 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. You are such a kind hearted person, you truely don't deserve to be this miserable. First of all, as everyone else has said, you are not alone. We are here for you. If you even want to talk on the phone, email me and I'll give you my phone number.

Second of all, you must find a new dr. I know you don't have insurance but this dr is not helping you at all. Can you apply for medical assistance through your state? Have you talked to a social worker? They may be able to get you some financial assistance for your medical bills or even put you in touch with a free counsler, like a therapist. I've been seeing a "shrink" for almost 2 years and it has helped me greatly.

I don't understand why your pain is so great and constant. I really think you have something else beside IBS going on. I think if you were on a low dose of Xanax or Adivan it would help you with the anxiety and in turn with the pain. These are both very inexpensive prescriptions and can help a lot. I also get terrible pain "attacks" from my IBS but they have never really lasted more than a few months at a time. You really need to see a different dr. I wished you lived closer, I'd have you see my dr, she is really great.

I know right now everything seems so hopeless but hang in there. Your life won't be like this forever. I understand the despair, the feelings of just wanting to go to sleep and never wake up, I've been there. I really think a mild anti-anxiety medication and some counseling will help, please look into it. Lots of love and super-duper big hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#207729 - 08/23/05 08:09 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok Beth, good thoughts are coming your way! Full speed ahead.

*sending you hugs and happy thoughts* new
      #207732 - 08/23/05 08:29 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

You're in my thoughts, Beth dear. And I agree with several other people here that you need to try to find a new doctor.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#207736 - 08/23/05 08:39 AM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Beth,
I know you don't know me well, but I just wanted to send you a note to tell you that I understand what you're feeling and that I'm so very sorry. I know those feelings of frustration and desperation. Other people have suggested seeing a doctor about anti-depressant medication, and I would agree. It took me a long time to muster the courage to talk to my doctor about it or even accept that I needed them, but once I did make the decision, it made all the difference in the world. I've been on them for about six months now, and I've noticed big changes in not only my IBS symptoms but also my overall mood. They do help. Seek a doctor that you trust and who will listen.

You are not alone and you can fight this.

Best wishes,
Kristine

#207746 - 08/23/05 09:26 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

beth I agree with what everyone else out there said about finding new doctors.

Is it at all possible for you to search for a new job. I know that you love working in a library, but you have a college education and are making very little. Maybe you could find another job that pays well and go back to the library once you are more financially stable.

--------------------

#207796 - 08/23/05 12:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Beth,

Please call a crisis hlpline if this is how you are feeling. If you are not on meds for anxiety, please consider them.

We love you! I couldn't handle all you go through either!

Do you live in the US? If so, can I e-mail you my number...that way you always have someone to call who cares *hugs*

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

RUCHIE, how are you???? new
      #207803 - 08/23/05 12:20 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

We haven't heard from you lately. Are you feeling any better? How is it going with the Tegretol? With therapy? I hope you are doing better.

I've missed you---and I know others have too! Please come back and visit with us.

#207897 - 08/23/05 02:56 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Beth, sweetie.
I have been so busy I haven't really been around the boards. I am so so sorry you are so down. I completely understand why you are feeling that way, it happens to tbe best of us, we can't put pressure on ourselves to be strong all the time dealing with the endless suffering. I just hope after a good downer you will bounce back.
I have said this to you before, I know it may seem like a hassle, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find a different gastro doc for yourself. This guy sounds like such a complete utter dickhead...I want to CRY when I hear how he treats you with such indifference and disdain...you KNOW you deserve more then this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. You deserve the power of a good caring doctor. To have a good caring doctor take care of you is like being touched by God. Even if they can't cure us...we know we have someone on our team. You deserve it. Please...you have to help yourself.
It doesn't matter that the other Dr has your notes..he obviously takes no interest in you as a medical case...any other Dr can easily pick up where he left off. Please Beth...please, find a new Dr.
I really hope you are ok.
Thinking of you, Dalia XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: I'm really struggling tonight *DELETED* new
      #207924 - 08/23/05 04:24 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Shelby Jean

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review