All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Big Hugs to you, Beth. new
      #207646 - 08/22/05 09:03 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh, Beth. I'm so sorry you've been suffering so much, for so long. The only thing I can think of to say, is you know that you just have to keep on going. You've got to fight your way to wellness.

You have to keep searching for what will help you. Don't give up. If your present doctor isn't helping you, find another. Don't stop fighting for yourself.

You have no choice, but to keep going and keep trying. You have to get up and make a plan. Figure out your next move; anything that may be a stepping stone to your wellness. Out there somewhere, is your answer.

I'm sorry you don't have any family to help you, but you're not alone in this world. You have a lot of good friends on these boards. You have such big burdens to carry and God must believe you are very strong to be able to handle them.

You're in my prayers,
Terri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm really struggling tonight new
      #207649 - 08/22/05 09:25 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Beth,
I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time...you'll definately be in my prayers. You talk a lot about the anxiety, are you on any treatment for it? I only ask because I finally got a doctor willing to let me take anti-anxiety drugs on a regular basis (i.e. Ativan or Xanax) and it has helped my tummy out a lot. Certainly nowhere near perfect, but clearly anxiety is a bigger trigger for me than most foods are!

Anyways, I wish I had a cure-all or something really inspiring to say, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I'm thinking about you. Hang in there and keep us posted,
Kelly

Oh... new
      #207650 - 08/22/05 09:26 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Beth,

Just know you are not alone. We are all here for you. You can post whatever you're feeling and you don't have to regret a bit of it.

Hang in there! Things will improve in time.

Big hugs,

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#207662 - 08/23/05 12:56 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

{{{hugs}}}

Honey, are you on any a-d's atm? If not I think you should consider them - they really helped me cope day-to-day when my IBS was REALLY bad...and they help me cope now with the fibro crap.

#207671 - 08/23/05 03:08 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Oh Bethie. I am sorry things have been so rough for you over the past 10 months. I really do not know what to say I think it may be wise to see a therapist just to have someone to talk to. Or if not a therapist then maybe a priest or member of the clergy. I know what it is like to feel like you are feeling right now. At this same time last year I had horrible cramping and D just about every other day. What a nightmare! Just have faith Beth and keep trying to find an answer. In the meantime, keep talking to us here, ok? I will be praying for you.

--------------------

I'm praying for you, as I always do.... new
      #207675 - 08/23/05 05:12 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...that you'll find the strength to deal with this, because you HAVE that strength... I know you do.

*hugs*

Well said Tommy....I agree wholeheartedly! Hugs Beth! ~nt~ new
      #207682 - 08/23/05 05:29 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#207688 - 08/23/05 05:37 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

GET ANOTHER DOCTOR ... this one is an a$$hole.
If you are desparate go to the ER. At least you won't be home alone there. I ended up running away to my brother's house because I was having severe panic attacks. (not related to IBS)I was so afraid to be alone I almost called my 80 yr. old uncle to see if I could sleep on his couch one night. We ALL have been through something, and there is GOOD help out there. You just have to be lucky enough to find it. My first try was a disaster. They finally got pissed with me and sent me to another hosp. They were great there and helped me a lot. Keep trying and remember we are all here for you.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#207690 - 08/23/05 05:57 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Aww, sweetheart. To see such a wonderful person suffering so much breaks my heart. I don't know what we'd do without you. So remember that you are loved AND needed on this board. Keep that in mind when the pain or the depression gets too bad. I wish I could make the pain go away. One thing I know for sure, you should try to look for another job. Something better has to be out there. Try focussing on that. Maybe it will help.
You'll be in my prayers.
Love, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Beth, I am so sorry........ new
      #207696 - 08/23/05 06:03 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Beth,

I was very sad when I read your post. Please don't give up.
I can't even imagine what you are going through but it must be horrible. There has to be an answer out there for you.

I agree with Tommy. Could you seek help from clergy? Also, I do think you should try a different doctor. This one doesn't seem to be helping at all. Have you tried Xanax for the anxiety? It has helped my Sister tremendously to cope with all her problems.

I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Hugs
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review