All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Back from Dublin!
      #207593 - 08/22/05 06:36 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey everyone, I'm just walking in the door back from the Dublin experience. What a great trip!!!!! I am all set to do it again NEXT YEAR. I am so lucky to have great friends I can spend time with like this-- I totally got misty when Nat and Sinead were hugging me goodbye!! AW!!

In any case, I just wanted to post so all of my friends know I'm home safely. I'm seeing stars, I'm so tired from the time difference, so I'm going to hit the hay and I'll be posting more tomorrow to fill in all the blanks for y'all.

Just to let you know, you were ALL THERE in SPIRIT.

~nelly back home~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back from Dublin! new
      #207596 - 08/22/05 07:09 PM

Unregistered

Wow that seemed like such a short time! Glad you had and are back safe and sound. Get some rest and detox from all that beer!

#207639 - 08/22/05 08:12 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

aww i'm glad you had such a fabulous time! from the looks of the pics I've seen you definitly looked like you were having a BALL.

--------------------

#207665 - 08/23/05 01:05 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Good to hear you got back safe and sound Nelly.
Nat missed her train to Achill yesterday morning as the taxi we had ordered for her and my sister was 45 minutes late, so she had to wait 4 hours for the next one.

I am back to feeling like I am the only IBSer in Dublin:( after a weekend where we could talk about D/C/A and all that good stuff freely.

Shattered tired though, playing tourist is exhausting. I didn't get a chance last night to sort out the official pic but will post it hopefully tonight.

It was great to meet you both, I had some fun times and laughs.

I ate TWO Luna's from my stash yesterday as I had to work late, I was so grateful for them, thanks again Nelly!

S.

--------------------
S.

#207723 - 08/23/05 07:56 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Glad to hear you got home safely! Can't wait to see more pictures!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#207752 - 08/23/05 09:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Welcome back! I know you had quite the blast. Did your BF miss you terribly?

Oh gosh, bf! new
      #207779 - 08/23/05 11:36 AM
Nelly

Now I remember why I take vacations AWAY from BF! LOL did my boyfriend miss me?! NO. NOT AT ALL. Oh my gosh, he's just been heaping on the abuse ever since I got back! He's had a crappy week and since I wasn't here he's bottled up everything! And gee I have to hear about how miserable every day was, and how he forgot what an aggressive driver I am, etc!! Grr. And he was so loving when he'd call me while I was away! Now I'm here in person with loads of european chocs for him (which were very heavy in my baggage, by the way!!) and he's just RUDE. Grrr again!

But I can't be bothered to take on his baggage! I'm in such a happy (and sleepy!) mood all I'm thinking of is food and sleep! And my clock is all scr**ed up! I woke up completely ravenous at 5 o'clock this morning, wanting to like down a bowl of pasta or something!

So I'm conking out now... I'll develop my pics by Sunday so I can post highlights of my trip. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes, by the way!!! It's like coming home to a big non-dysfunctional family who genuinely misses me!!! SO NICE!!!

Love to all you guys!!

~nelly (resting)~

Re: Oh gosh, bf! new
      #207782 - 08/23/05 11:39 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Huh, what a thing to come back to. A cranky boyfriend. Sorry to hear that Nelly. You should read my post about Irritable Male Syndrome. Here's the article: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8962022/site/newsweek/

Get some rest and we will all be looking forward to the pics!

--------------------

#207790 - 08/23/05 11:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm SO glad you ladies had such a blast! Way uncool about bf though Nelly ...I'm glad you aren't letting him spoil it for you! *hugs* Yay for IBS in Dublin! *hugs* Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Trip home and great bag I found! new
      #207793 - 08/23/05 11:59 AM
Nelly

It was such a pleasure seeing you in person, Sinead! I'm so glad you're coveting the Lunas... I had a fun time scoping out the different stores to find the ones you like! I hear you about making them last-- I'm savoring the tasty bars and even keeping them hidden in the kitchen in case any of my BF's friends go rumaging for a snack...! Thanks so much for hooking me up at the supermarket with the chocs and tea and bikkies and everything!! I'm holding those close to my chest for now!! Only the people who are the nicest to me are getting hooked up!! (Hear that, stoopid BF!!?! )

Huge bummer about that stupid taxi messing up the pickup time! After the horror stories you told me about rush hour, I made sure to book one as soon as I got back to the b&b. You know, I was up until 2:20am packing and sorting everything out, then up at 7 for breakfast. The taxi I ordered arrived exactly on time, though!!!

Funny thing-- I ended up buying so much clothing (and chocs and pressies, etc. ) that I overstuffed my bag and had to take a huge River Island shopping bag stuffed with the overfill!! The paper on the bag was totally ripping at the seams, but I just couldn't fit any thing else into my luggage! So the great thing is I bought this kicka** Jansport bag in the airport:

AND it's not available in the US yet!!! It's called a Factor 12, and comes in other colors too. I remember what you said about Jansports getting big over there, and this bag is just the best thing ever!! I had to snap it up, and now I have something no one else does yet! It also happens to be my favorite bag now. I'm going to use it for yoga the first chance I get!

OK enough posting! I have got to rest!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17617

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review