All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
WARNING!!!! DON'T BUY FROM E-BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #207422 - 08/22/05 09:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I had 3 purchases this past month and all 3 were disappointing. One, the product was fake, and damaged during shipping. NO REFUNDS. I got screwed out of $50.00. The other 2 transactions were where the seller was selling other products on the same page, and made you think you were buying more than you got. One had several items, and I received one. Another, the item was NOT as described - there were discrepancies in the information. Please learn from my mistakes and loss of money!!!! I feel horrible. This has been such a negative experience. There are too many fraudulent, misleading sellers on e-bay. Be VERY careful if you buy.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I have had many positive experiences on e-bay new
      #207436 - 08/22/05 10:05 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I think it is very important to read the description of the item with a fine tooth comb and pay close attention to the feedback of the seller. The feedback is HUGE in my eyes and I will not buy from people who send retaliatory feedback nor will I buy from the "leave me positive and I will leave you positive" feedback because if the seller is worth their salt, negative feedback would not be an issue.

I have yet to be burned and have made over 40 purchases on e-bay.

I think you have gotten ahold of some nasty seller but there are plenty of good ones too!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: WARNING!!!! DON'T BUY FROM E-BAY!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #207446 - 08/22/05 10:18 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

The same thing happened to me! I was screwed out of 80.00 for a "DESIGNER PURSE I PROMISE ITS AUTHENTIC" that was fake. The guy had fabulous feedback as well! (he was later kicked off after my incident)

however, I finally tried again recently and won some fabulous designer jeans that were just perfect!

--------------------

Re: I have had many positive experiences on e-bay new
      #207451 - 08/22/05 10:20 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I agree w/the above. I have had many positive purchases on Ebay, and really rely on the feedback as well. I know that there are alot of people that scam on there, though. There are places to get on and report discrepancies to Ebay. I think that Casey(Atomic Rose) is a seller there, so maybe she can provide some insight. Sorry about your bad luck.

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Unless you're buying from me! new
      #207453 - 08/22/05 10:23 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, just kidding. Ok, not really.

I'm sorry you had such bad experiences. I don't know what you were buying, but there are several categories of things that I REFUSE to buy on ebay, no matter how good the deal is, because of bad experiences other people have had... electronics, computer and stereo equipment, etc.

I'm sure you've done this already, but definitely leave negative feedback. So many people won't leave negatives out of fear of retaliatory negatives, but that just hurts everyone - then a seller can be a crook and nobody will ever know.

Not all sellers are evil, I promise. I guess I've been pretty lucky: 6 years on ebay, and overwhelmingly positive experiences. Not to say that every transaction has been perfect, but I have yet to lose enough money on something that I'd be really upset about it.

This might help you, Alicia new
      #207458 - 08/22/05 10:30 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

There is a Buyer Protection Program in place for problems just like this. There's a whole process for filing claims for Items Significantly Not as Described. Once you fill out that form, after a certain amount of time, you may be eligible to file a claim and get a refund. You'll have to read up on all of that, though.

Unfortunately, it's not going to cover something damaged in shipping, because ultimately, that's not the seller's fault, and I know that even I put a disclaimer in my listings that I'm not responsible for lost or damaged items, and it's the buyer's responsibility to pay for insurance. That's pretty standard on ebay. But since that product was a FAKE, I would go ahead and file the form. As for the other 2, go back and read the listing carefully. If it was really misrepresented to include other items, you can fill out for those as well... but again, read their descriptions carefully, to avoid wasting your time with the discrepancy process.

Good luck!

#207464 - 08/22/05 10:53 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Aww Alicia, sorry you had such bad experiences That sucks! I agree a lot with what Casey said though, you can have good experiences as well, you just have to be really careful. Always read through the description with a fine toothed comb, because often something will be really cleverly snuck in there so that hopefully people won't notice (I almost bought a fake BabyG watch that way) and always check feedback. And, if you were genuinely screwed, then definately fill out those forms. You have to be extra careful because we're in Canada, and some of the protection doesn't extend to us For example, PayPal has a buyer protection thing where if you pay that way and don't get the item within 30 days or there is something wrong with it you can request a refund, but at last check, that was for Americans only.

That being said, I've just started selling on Ebay and I'm 100% authentic with my items...they're mostly clothes and I go over them with a fine toothed comb just in case there are any flaws to report. And I've been buying on Ebay for years, and only ever had one bad experience.

Hope that helps!
Kelly

P.S. What was the item that was fake if you don't mind me asking?

#207476 - 08/22/05 11:25 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That sucks. Sorry about your bad experience!!

I've bought lots of stuff from ebay and never had a problem....you can report any problems directly to ebay and they will ban the seller from the site I think.

Re: I feel like such a fool!!! new
      #207511 - 08/22/05 01:14 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Funny thing is, I did read the feedback sections, read it all over several times. It wasn't what they SAID, it was what they didn't say - ie no refunds, additional items posted under description made me think I was getting more than I did... that kind of thing. It was all very sly and misleading. I feel like a fool.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I have positive experiences too.. new
      #207512 - 08/22/05 01:16 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

in fact I've been buying WAY too many things on ebay lately, but I've been 100% happy with all of it. Sorry Alicia! I hope you can get your money back!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 797 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3620

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review