All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
anyone see the new ads? new
      #206371 - 08/18/05 07:15 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Has any one seen the new Nike ads? They feature people who are NOT skinny skinny, just normal looking.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Someone at work just told me I look pregnant. new
      #206372 - 08/18/05 07:16 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

When I lost a lot of weight I ahd LOTS of unsolicited comments about that too.

People should know that some things are OFF LIMITS!

Re: anyone see the new ads? new
      #206373 - 08/18/05 07:17 AM
Sara-Sage

COOL!

#206384 - 08/18/05 07:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, these kind of comments definitely hurt. I have gained a LOT of weight. I gained around 10 pounds from the first two miscarriages. Another 10 pounds when I hurt my foot and was on crutches for three months. Another 5 for the third mircarriages. A few pounds from the bursitis in my hips, since I still can't really work out! And at least another 10 from the recent months of hormones. I'm too ashamed to even weigh myself!

I work in a small office and a lot of my patients know I've gone through miscarriages/fertility. Since gaining all this weight I get comments like "Oh, I see you're pregnant again" or people asking me what I did differently this time around to stay pregnant. When I explain, no, not pregnant, just gained weight, they try to make ammends by saything things like "oh, I didn't notice the weight, your just glowing" or something stupid like that. Certainly doesn't help ones self esteem.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#206388 - 08/18/05 07:45 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

That is exactly what I said when a co-worker asked me. I replied nope I guess I'm just fat thanks. I did just walk away but ended up crying all the way home because I was already feeling bad about my body earlier that week. To think I gave her the pleasure of knowing that she upset me! she is the type of person who feeds off of making herself feel better by making others feel like crap. I was having a really bad stomach night that night and I knew I was bloated like crazy so that is the only thing that made me feel better but WHY EVEN ASK??? I would never ask, grrrr.
I am so sorry Tina that this happened to you. Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that they upset you.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#206389 - 08/18/05 07:45 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh poor you Michele. People should keep their comments to themselves!

I wouldn't worry too much about your weight, you've had such a tough time with the miscariages. But I know that it's easier said than done.

Let's go workout together!

#206392 - 08/18/05 07:47 AM
Sara-Sage

I have not address her yet today. I walked past her this morning and said nothing.

I think she got some kind of 'rush' by putting me down. I have been so happy as I'm in love and it's like people here are jealous and want to make me unhappy. Not very nice at all!!!

#206394 - 08/18/05 07:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'd love to be able to work out more but my hips and my foot really limit me! I was taking an after work WATER aerobics class that I just loved but they changed instructors and I dislike the new one! Unfortunately, working out in water or bike cycling are about my only options as I'm not allowed to do much weight bearing activities!

Oh well, I lost the weight once before I'll do it again after I have a baby! I try to stay positive but somedays its hard. Although I did just by a new outfit, some really nice black slacks that hug my curves and make my butt (as big as it is ) look good and a beautiful orange flowered cami with a drapey overshirt that ties under my boobs. I'm wearing it today for the first time and my hubby said he marry me all over again! Its funny how guys can be such jerks sometimes and then say the nicest things! LOL!! So, anyways, I feel pretty today, chubby and all! Who says you have to be a size 2 to be beautiful!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Well that's even worse! new
      #206395 - 08/18/05 08:01 AM

Unregistered

For her to say that and for everyone to hear! I think I would have cried!! You need to trip her or something.

Honestly who does that?! I'm so upset for you. Well hopefully people will stop asking you about it. Poor Tina that totally sucks.

That's ridiculous! new
      #206400 - 08/18/05 08:18 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm so sorry, Tina, that woman seriously needs help. How inconsiderate and stupid people can be never ceases to amaze me. *HUGS*

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23281

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review