All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
Yup....Portageegal is correct. I hate it when that happens! ~nt~ new
      #206209 - 08/17/05 01:40 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Someone at work just told me I look pregnant. new
      #206213 - 08/17/05 01:52 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Was it a male or female that said it?? Not that it matters. Either way it was RUDE! Did they think they were funny saying that???? Some people....I swear...don't think before they speak.

I can relate though. All my life I've been thin, too thin and when I got pregnant and had to lose all the weight I gained I for one time in my life felt fat too. When you are normally thin and gain some weight you can't help to feel that way. Don't feel fat Tina! I'm sure you look just perfect now if you felt you were too thin before. Give yourself time for your "new look" and I"m sure you'll like it.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#206217 - 08/17/05 02:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

what a jerk! I like christines idea about getting back at them.

i.e. hmm is that your face or did your neck throw up? etc. hahah

a little meat on your bones never hurt anyone and some boys actually like it better. I wouldn't sweat it. Ten pounds is better than unsafe sex in my opinion.

--------------------

Grrrr!! new
      #206221 - 08/17/05 02:30 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Tina,

I'm sorry someone said that to you, that is so totally out of order! I don't know why people are so thick that they think they have the right to comment on other people's bodies. My mom told me that people had been asking if I was pregnant a while back, and I know it really hurt my feelings and made me really self conscious so I know how you feel! There are some people who have no check-in point between their brains and their mouths!
On that note, 125 lbs is really small... When I was my SKINNIEST I was around 125, so I cannot believe what a ridiculous comment that was to make!
It is totally normal to gain about 10 lbs when you go on the pill and happens to loads of women, so you'd think people would just smarten up and, or at LEAST, shut up!

Hope you are feeling better, don't listen to whoever said that! They are probably just jealous of how happy and stuff you are and were just being miserable.

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#206231 - 08/17/05 02:58 PM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

Hey better a little heavier is better than being sick and skinny!
Celebrate that your IBS is stable instead!
I know I have lost about 13 pounds since the middle of July. My neighbours and some friends have said "Gosh, is everything okay...you are awfully thin!"...I didn't appreciate the comment...cause no I wasn't okay!! Some people don't have any decency!!

#206237 - 08/17/05 04:05 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Tina,

That's awful! Unfortunately I know the feeling. 2 coworkers at my last job asked me if I was pregnant. I was so mad! I said no I'm just fat thanks. I was really sick last summer and fall with a bad UC flare and lost tons of weight. Well when my pills were switched and got the UC undercontrol I was able to tolerate more than applesauce so I gained back about 15lbs (unfortunately my in the middle area). Anyway, long story short people that make comments like that are just rude in my opinion.

Try not to let it wreck your day.
Jenn

Been there! new
      #206319 - 08/18/05 12:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Isn't it HORRIBLE? {{{HUGS}}}

Thanks for the chuckle new
      #206328 - 08/18/05 01:27 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Christine-

I can't agree more about the social morons. So many times I wish I could say something more smartmouthed but haven't had the guts to certain people. Seems like to some people you are either too thin or fat/look pregnant. Must be their low self esteem. I would rather look too thin or look pregnant when I am bloated than be an insensitive clod.

Change the world...one social moron at a time.

Michelle

#206329 - 08/18/05 01:41 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

WOOHOO for 125!! I am was kind of excited about getting back to 125 after being at 150 for a few years. Course being sick for a solid week and on-off for a month a half while I lost the weight in not happy ways wasn't that great. All it meant was the two dresses that I had in the closet that I had kept with the hope "I will someday get to wear them again" finally came true. Course they were about the only things that I had that fit since I had donated all the other clothes to charity so it was off to buy new clothes. At least my stomach muscles have been getting exercise...just to keep working on them.

People are just idiots somedays. I don't think that you would be considered FAT unless it stands for FABULOUS AND TALENTED!!! I would rather get the comments from some of the gals in my building..."you look great today, feeling good?" or "Having a good day today" since they know what is going on and have been great at adapting treats to being "Michelle friendly". But "you look pregnant"...just rude. Course its probably just a gossipy needs to mind their own business and get back to work.

Ignore them, they aren't worth your time.

Michelle

10 pounds! new
      #206332 - 08/18/05 02:17 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Is that ALL? I've got an extra 30.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review