All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Someone at work just told me I look pregnant.
      #206185 - 08/17/05 12:30 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I've put on some weight from starting the b.c. pill 4 months ago and I've gained about 10lbs so it's noticeable. Some of it is in my tummy area.

I never used to dislike my body size (however, I was too thin for a long stretch when my ibs was bad) but now I feel F-A-T.

Man am I angry!!!! What an INSULT!!!! grrrr....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Someone at work just told me I look pregnant. new
      #206186 - 08/17/05 12:35 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

I'm glad guys don't have this problem.
I highly doubt it is possible for someone with IBS to become over weight. I have a hard enough time getting up to "normal" weight.

#206188 - 08/17/05 12:38 PM
Sara-Sage

I am still well within my healthy body weight. I think it's because I was super skinny for a long time.

When my ibs was super bad (for 1 year) I weighed 103, then gradually got back to 115. Now I weigh 125 so it IS noticeable but I'm so insulted!

#206189 - 08/17/05 12:38 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

That's because people can be a-holes. Don't listen to them. You know I think you are BEAUTIFUL and that is all that matters.

--------------------

#206190 - 08/17/05 12:39 PM
Sara-Sage

I know, sweetie. Thanks.

I feel bad enough with these extra 10 lbs and for someone to say that is just so awful, so mean!

what an idiot new
      #206202 - 08/17/05 01:22 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Who is stupid enough to even say something like that??? I hope you find a creative way to return the insult! (E.g., "You know, I noticed that your a$$ is looking much wider these days... Have you been watching more TV?" )

Seriously, that person is obviously a complete social moron.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Dan ..... new
      #206203 - 08/17/05 01:26 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

If you have D then maybe you're skinny, but as a C I can tell you, it ain't necessarily so.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#206204 - 08/17/05 01:27 PM

Unregistered

That's awful! Who says things like that to people?! Was this just some random person who said that or a friend? Inexcusable either way. Well I know it's tough, but don't let it get you down! Do some crunches and then eat some ice cream and you'll feel better!

#206206 - 08/17/05 01:33 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

People are such insensitive creeps sometimes! *mad look*
I'm sorry that happened to you!!

Uh Oh-...Tommy's gonna kick their butt!~nt~ new
      #206207 - 08/17/05 01:36 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Yup....Portageegal is correct. I hate it when that happens! ~nt~ new
      #206209 - 08/17/05 01:40 PM
poochibelly

--------------------

#206213 - 08/17/05 01:52 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Was it a male or female that said it?? Not that it matters. Either way it was RUDE! Did they think they were funny saying that???? Some people....I swear...don't think before they speak.

I can relate though. All my life I've been thin, too thin and when I got pregnant and had to lose all the weight I gained I for one time in my life felt fat too. When you are normally thin and gain some weight you can't help to feel that way. Don't feel fat Tina! I'm sure you look just perfect now if you felt you were too thin before. Give yourself time for your "new look" and I"m sure you'll like it.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#206217 - 08/17/05 02:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

what a jerk! I like christines idea about getting back at them.

i.e. hmm is that your face or did your neck throw up? etc. hahah

a little meat on your bones never hurt anyone and some boys actually like it better. I wouldn't sweat it. Ten pounds is better than unsafe sex in my opinion.

--------------------

Grrrr!! new
      #206221 - 08/17/05 02:30 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Tina,

I'm sorry someone said that to you, that is so totally out of order! I don't know why people are so thick that they think they have the right to comment on other people's bodies. My mom told me that people had been asking if I was pregnant a while back, and I know it really hurt my feelings and made me really self conscious so I know how you feel! There are some people who have no check-in point between their brains and their mouths!
On that note, 125 lbs is really small... When I was my SKINNIEST I was around 125, so I cannot believe what a ridiculous comment that was to make!
It is totally normal to gain about 10 lbs when you go on the pill and happens to loads of women, so you'd think people would just smarten up and, or at LEAST, shut up!

Hope you are feeling better, don't listen to whoever said that! They are probably just jealous of how happy and stuff you are and were just being miserable.

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#206231 - 08/17/05 02:58 PM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

Hey better a little heavier is better than being sick and skinny!
Celebrate that your IBS is stable instead!
I know I have lost about 13 pounds since the middle of July. My neighbours and some friends have said "Gosh, is everything okay...you are awfully thin!"...I didn't appreciate the comment...cause no I wasn't okay!! Some people don't have any decency!!

#206237 - 08/17/05 04:05 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Tina,

That's awful! Unfortunately I know the feeling. 2 coworkers at my last job asked me if I was pregnant. I was so mad! I said no I'm just fat thanks. I was really sick last summer and fall with a bad UC flare and lost tons of weight. Well when my pills were switched and got the UC undercontrol I was able to tolerate more than applesauce so I gained back about 15lbs (unfortunately my in the middle area). Anyway, long story short people that make comments like that are just rude in my opinion.

Try not to let it wreck your day.
Jenn

Been there! new
      #206319 - 08/18/05 12:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Isn't it HORRIBLE? {{{HUGS}}}

Thanks for the chuckle new
      #206328 - 08/18/05 01:27 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Christine-

I can't agree more about the social morons. So many times I wish I could say something more smartmouthed but haven't had the guts to certain people. Seems like to some people you are either too thin or fat/look pregnant. Must be their low self esteem. I would rather look too thin or look pregnant when I am bloated than be an insensitive clod.

Change the world...one social moron at a time.

Michelle

#206329 - 08/18/05 01:41 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

WOOHOO for 125!! I am was kind of excited about getting back to 125 after being at 150 for a few years. Course being sick for a solid week and on-off for a month a half while I lost the weight in not happy ways wasn't that great. All it meant was the two dresses that I had in the closet that I had kept with the hope "I will someday get to wear them again" finally came true. Course they were about the only things that I had that fit since I had donated all the other clothes to charity so it was off to buy new clothes. At least my stomach muscles have been getting exercise...just to keep working on them.

People are just idiots somedays. I don't think that you would be considered FAT unless it stands for FABULOUS AND TALENTED!!! I would rather get the comments from some of the gals in my building..."you look great today, feeling good?" or "Having a good day today" since they know what is going on and have been great at adapting treats to being "Michelle friendly". But "you look pregnant"...just rude. Course its probably just a gossipy needs to mind their own business and get back to work.

Ignore them, they aren't worth your time.

Michelle

10 pounds! new
      #206332 - 08/18/05 02:17 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Is that ALL? I've got an extra 30.

Re: 10 pounds! new
      #206337 - 08/18/05 03:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I cannot believe the cheek of some people! I would be so mad.

The UK version of glamour magazine has a feature this month about gaining weight in defining moments of your life and it says things like you can gain 6 pounds your first year in college (I gained 20!) 5 pounds when you start your first real job, 7 I think when you get married, it mentioned falling in love too so that could be to blame for some of yours not just BCP. There's lots of good ways to burn those calories though its just so horrid for people to make you feel like that. We'll all go get him!

--------------------
S.

#206345 - 08/18/05 05:12 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Sinead, it was actualy a she. If it was a guy, I think I might have booked a surprise visit to Ottawa for this week to have a "talk" with taht person. Luckily, it is a female. I am still upset someone would say that to Tina. But she is a strong woman and can handle it. Thank you all for supporting her!

--------------------

#206361 - 08/18/05 06:58 AM
Sara-Sage

I know Michelle, I can't wait to leave this place! I don't like it here!

Re: Been there! new
      #206362 - 08/18/05 06:59 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes Linz it is.

#206363 - 08/18/05 07:01 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Jenn. Yes that's just RUDE! People that say it have to know it's an INSULT as nobody would take that as a compliment!

Re: Grrrr!! new
      #206364 - 08/18/05 07:03 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Steph. Yes I remember you psoting about that comment from your mom. People really should keep their mouths shut! people here are SO nosey that they think they ahve a right to everyone's personal business! They were also the same people that harassed me when I ahd lost so much weight when my ibs was bad.

#206365 - 08/18/05 07:04 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Ashley. I think too thin isn't sexy. I'd rather have curves than none. Good point!

#206367 - 08/18/05 07:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Lisa. It was a woman who said it.

Ideally, I'd like to lsoe 5lbs and be 120 or a tad smaller. It's really just the extra weight in my tummy area that I'm not liking too much.

Here's what happened... new
      #206369 - 08/18/05 07:11 AM
Sara-Sage

This lady at work who I know as an aquaintance came over to our area and said "I'm going to start a rumour!" Everyone listned up and she said "I think Tina's pregnant as she's been glowing lately, her boobs are way bigger and she's gained some weight!" All h*ll broke lose and everyone starting asking me if I was.

She THOROUGHLY embarssed me beyong belief!

#206370 - 08/18/05 07:14 AM
Sara-Sage

I am in love and happier than I've ever been! As a resuly my ibs is behaving very well and I am able to eat way more so I've put on some extra weight.

Plus when I started the pill, it seemed to increase my appetite like. I've taken note of that so I am watching what I eat very closely now.

Oh yes, lots of fun ways to burn fat. he he

anyone see the new ads? new
      #206371 - 08/18/05 07:15 AM
Portageegal

Has any one seen the new Nike ads? They feature people who are NOT skinny skinny, just normal looking.

--------------------
Carol

#206372 - 08/18/05 07:16 AM
Sara-Sage

When I lost a lot of weight I ahd LOTS of unsolicited comments about that too.

People should know that some things are OFF LIMITS!

Re: anyone see the new ads? new
      #206373 - 08/18/05 07:17 AM
Sara-Sage

COOL!

#206384 - 08/18/05 07:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, these kind of comments definitely hurt. I have gained a LOT of weight. I gained around 10 pounds from the first two miscarriages. Another 10 pounds when I hurt my foot and was on crutches for three months. Another 5 for the third mircarriages. A few pounds from the bursitis in my hips, since I still can't really work out! And at least another 10 from the recent months of hormones. I'm too ashamed to even weigh myself!

I work in a small office and a lot of my patients know I've gone through miscarriages/fertility. Since gaining all this weight I get comments like "Oh, I see you're pregnant again" or people asking me what I did differently this time around to stay pregnant. When I explain, no, not pregnant, just gained weight, they try to make ammends by saything things like "oh, I didn't notice the weight, your just glowing" or something stupid like that. Certainly doesn't help ones self esteem.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#206388 - 08/18/05 07:45 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

That is exactly what I said when a co-worker asked me. I replied nope I guess I'm just fat thanks. I did just walk away but ended up crying all the way home because I was already feeling bad about my body earlier that week. To think I gave her the pleasure of knowing that she upset me! she is the type of person who feeds off of making herself feel better by making others feel like crap. I was having a really bad stomach night that night and I knew I was bloated like crazy so that is the only thing that made me feel better but WHY EVEN ASK??? I would never ask, grrrr.
I am so sorry Tina that this happened to you. Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that they upset you.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#206389 - 08/18/05 07:45 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh poor you Michele. People should keep their comments to themselves!

I wouldn't worry too much about your weight, you've had such a tough time with the miscariages. But I know that it's easier said than done.

Let's go workout together!

#206392 - 08/18/05 07:47 AM
Sara-Sage

I have not address her yet today. I walked past her this morning and said nothing.

I think she got some kind of 'rush' by putting me down. I have been so happy as I'm in love and it's like people here are jealous and want to make me unhappy. Not very nice at all!!!

#206394 - 08/18/05 07:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'd love to be able to work out more but my hips and my foot really limit me! I was taking an after work WATER aerobics class that I just loved but they changed instructors and I dislike the new one! Unfortunately, working out in water or bike cycling are about my only options as I'm not allowed to do much weight bearing activities!

Oh well, I lost the weight once before I'll do it again after I have a baby! I try to stay positive but somedays its hard. Although I did just by a new outfit, some really nice black slacks that hug my curves and make my butt (as big as it is ) look good and a beautiful orange flowered cami with a drapey overshirt that ties under my boobs. I'm wearing it today for the first time and my hubby said he marry me all over again! Its funny how guys can be such jerks sometimes and then say the nicest things! LOL!! So, anyways, I feel pretty today, chubby and all! Who says you have to be a size 2 to be beautiful!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Well that's even worse! new
      #206395 - 08/18/05 08:01 AM

Unregistered

For her to say that and for everyone to hear! I think I would have cried!! You need to trip her or something.

Honestly who does that?! I'm so upset for you. Well hopefully people will stop asking you about it. Poor Tina that totally sucks.

That's ridiculous! new
      #206400 - 08/18/05 08:18 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm so sorry, Tina, that woman seriously needs help. How inconsiderate and stupid people can be never ceases to amaze me. *HUGS*

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: That's ridiculous! new
      #206402 - 08/18/05 08:27 AM
Sara-Sage

I know Melissa!

Re: Well that's even worse! new
      #206404 - 08/18/05 08:29 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh yes, it is way worse. She was trying to embarass me, maybe? I wanted to cry. It was awful.

Someone at work said I should make up a rumour that she's sleeping with either the janitor or a summer student. LOL! Too funny.

#206408 - 08/18/05 08:33 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh, right, I didn't realize that but of course you have to be careful of your hips and foot!

Oh yes, larger ladies can be just as sexy, that's for sure!

Enjoy looking sexy today! YAY!

That is so rude! new
      #206414 - 08/18/05 08:49 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I can't believe she said that in front of everyone. It sounds to me like she's very jealous of you! Maybe she's envious of your relationship with Tommy.

Some people are just mean.

Re: That is so rude! new
      #206416 - 08/18/05 08:57 AM
Sara-Sage

She has this weird thing with me going to NY. She travels A LOT and when she found out I'm going again next month she booked a trip and is being kinda weird (competitive?). Whatver!

That person has issues.... new
      #206418 - 08/18/05 09:02 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

anyone with any sense of courtesy, kindness, and decorum would NEVER SAY THAT. All nice, reasonable people know not to even comment when a person may very well BE pregnant, unless they are told so!! I've known people like that before, and they just get a kick out of saying rude things for some reason. And what---they've never gained weight before? Hello, bodies change, all the time!! I swear mine is in a constant state of change, never the same! Hard to keep (and a good excuse to shop).

--------------------

Horrific!!--nt new
      #206419 - 08/18/05 09:03 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Haha I think you should new
      #206422 - 08/18/05 09:07 AM

Unregistered

I would be scheming up a storm. What a jerk that lady is. She deserves to get payed back big time. I suppose that's not exactly the adult thing to do though... Bummer.

Let us know if anyone else is still asking you about it today.

That woman needs to get a life! new
      #206423 - 08/18/05 09:07 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

She's obviously jealous of you. I mean, who jokes about starting a rumor and then insults someone in public? She definitely seems to be trying to "compete" with you or something, and she sounds like a real loser and a bully.

I'm sorry she decided to pick on you as you seem like a very kind person. Don't feel you have to give her or anyone else a reason for your weight gain--125 lbs is a beautiful and healthy weight for any woman. She's the one who needs to do the explaining for her rude behavior.

Please take care. I hope the rest of your work week is much better.

See..... new
      #206434 - 08/18/05 09:35 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

she is very envious of you. She's trying to outdo you. That's so pitiful. She must be very insecure.

#206438 - 08/18/05 09:43 AM
Portageegal

You can always tell them that a good fa*t will make your bloat go away, but nothing can help their being ugly.

--------------------
Carol

and stupid ~nt~ new
      #206439 - 08/18/05 09:44 AM
Portageegal

--------------------
Carol

Re: That woman needs to get a life! new
      #206444 - 08/18/05 10:10 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh thanks you Maria. What a sweet response. She does have some kind of problem! I don't know what made her be so nasty!!!

So far my day is much better today!

Re: See..... new
      #206445 - 08/18/05 10:11 AM
Sara-Sage

I have no idea what her problem is!

Re: Haha I think you should new
      #206446 - 08/18/05 10:12 AM
Sara-Sage

Brittany, nobody has said a word today. They'd better not!

I don't think I'll start any rumours, tempting though...

#206447 - 08/18/05 10:12 AM
Sara-Sage

hahahahahaha ha ha ha Carol. Too funny!

What is an "alsy"? ~nt~! new
      #206450 - 08/18/05 10:30 AM
poochibelly

--------------------

Nah.... new
      #206459 - 08/18/05 10:54 AM
poochibelly

send her a dead bug in an interoffice envelope!

--------------------

#206460 - 08/18/05 10:55 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, how very rude!! Some people are just @$$holes!! Tommy... go beat em up!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: What is an "alsy"? ~nt~! new
      #206462 - 08/18/05 10:57 AM
Sara-Sage

Should read "this lady". MAJOR typo!

Re: Nah.... new
      #206464 - 08/18/05 10:58 AM
Sara-Sage

ha, ha, I could do that, ha ha but won't. I saw her today and told her she's be best not to talk to me today.

Oh gosh...I thought I had a new "pet word"! ~nt~ new
      #206468 - 08/18/05 11:04 AM
poochibelly

--------------------

Re: Oh gosh...I thought I had a new "pet word"! ~nt~ new
      #206473 - 08/18/05 11:07 AM
Sara-Sage

Well, it can always be a "new" word!

#206481 - 08/18/05 11:16 AM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

I got that alot too. I'm 6' 4" i went down to about 150 pounds, now I'm about 165.

A little late on this one new
      #206501 - 08/18/05 12:34 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04

Hey Tina,

That is just awful! I'm sorry someone was that insensitive...I'm sure you don't look pregnant from putting on 10lbs. People can just be so rude and insensitive...my Dad used to tell me I looked like a whale when I gained my "Paxil Weight"...not exactly what I wanted to hear.

Don't listen to these people...they're just being judgmental and mean spirited...plus, sometimes it makes people feel better to put others down. You're beautiful just the way you are

Kelly

#206502 - 08/18/05 12:35 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04

Also the Dove Ads...the whole "Campaign for Real Beauty" ... I just saw an ad in my magazine for a cream and it had 3 women in their underwear and none of them were your traditional "sticks"

Re: A little late on this one new
      #206506 - 08/18/05 12:47 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Kelly!

I am still upset but there's nothing I can do now. It has motivated me to get better with my weight loss plans though.

#206507 - 08/18/05 12:48 PM
Sara-Sage

Yes the Dove ads are GREAT!

BLAH! new
      #206519 - 08/18/05 01:20 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

You know what I say.....Poop on them!!!!!

You are beautiful and don't you forget it!

Barbie

--------------------

#206522 - 08/18/05 01:25 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

The largest insult you can say to a woman as far as I'm concerned. Most women know NEVER to say something like that. Tell her to get a life. Tommy's right. You're beautiful. What's 10 pounds? Who cares? Consider where it's coming from. Tactless, classless, rude, thoughtless, and pathetic, and certainly NOT TRUE!!!!! Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

You and me both, Linz new
      #206531 - 08/18/05 02:04 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Actually, I'm 25lbs over now. IBS stability = major weight gain. Ah, the price to pay for being healthy.

Tina, she's jealous. And a twit. Without a grain of sense in her head. Some people just have to be that petty and rude to make their pitiful selves feel better... pay her no mind at all.

Re: You and me both, Linz new
      #206674 - 08/19/05 06:22 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Casey. Yes I'd MUCH rather have some extra weight and be stable, than be a stick (like I was for several months) and be so sick with bad ibs.

Thanks! GREAT point!!!!

#206675 - 08/19/05 06:23 AM
Sara-Sage

I agree, from another woman that is a HUGE insult!

I am not so upset anymore and give her 'death looks' everytime I see her. he he

Re: BLAH! new
      #206676 - 08/19/05 06:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Barbie!

#206681 - 08/19/05 06:55 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

What a bi***! She has no right to shoot her mouth off.
You're gorgeous and 10 lbs. from the pill is nothing.

Kate.

Re: That woman needs to get a life! new
      #206688 - 08/19/05 07:00 AM
Wind

Seriously, people do need to get a life re: weight comments.

After months of IBS-D, I looked pregnant from lack of bowel tone just from eating food again! It went away pretty quick, mind you. Two strangers at a grocery store made comments and well I cried my guts out. So, honestly, Tina...people can be real dinks. Yes, DINKS. Dog dinks.

Kate.

#206689 - 08/19/05 07:00 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Kate.

Kate... new
      #206690 - 08/19/05 07:01 AM
Sara-Sage

Dinks, dog dinks. LOL! ha aha haaaaa

You're funny!

#206692 - 08/19/05 07:02 AM
Wind

Don't feel F-A-T! Honestly, she's a wench from hell. If I have a milk ingredient, I look pregant, briefly, just from the GAS, BLOATING, INDIGESTION and explosive D! And, I know the comments hurt. I wish I could cut her tongue out or castrate her.

Kate.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!! new
      #206696 - 08/19/05 07:05 AM
Sara-Sage

Your support and encouragement means so much to me. I love you all!

I get that all the time.. new
      #206712 - 08/19/05 08:31 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

when I bloat.. even when I was at my lightest I was told that on bad days... guess eventually you just get used to it... though it still makes me teary eyed at times...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: I get that all the time.. new
      #206729 - 08/19/05 09:16 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes, I guess so.

Haven't seen you around in a long time!

#206733 - 08/19/05 09:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Man I tell you some people have no manners at all! How can people be that insensitive? You are beautiful person Tina and people like that are usually very insecure with themselves to say things like that! I think I would have punched her in the nose!

#206738 - 08/19/05 09:29 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Angela.

Her main comment was that she's noticed how much bigger my boobs are. HELLO? Why is she checking out my boobs???? She is very flat so maybe she's jealous about that?

My boobs did get bigger from going on the pill but that's definitely NONE OF HER BUSINESS!

She's also commented on my butt before. Back when I started to lose weight she was the first one to notice and said that my butt was getting so small. OMG!

#206745 - 08/19/05 10:03 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

People need to mind thier own business, especially at work. Never got the pregnant thing, but have often had people say out of line things to me about anything and everything under the sun, sometimes personal things, too.

Just remember that if people are usually that rude/mean to say things like that, they are usually the unhappy ones, so console yourself in the fact that you are EXTRAORDINARILY happy and they may never be, espcially if they keep being a jerk like that.

You KNOW that you are beautiful, so try not to worry about it sweetie!

--------------------
-Sheri

#206754 - 08/19/05 10:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Sheri! I am extraordinarily happy!!! I think you might be too. So how did you meet your guy? Details...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23100

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review