All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Had the Sig test! new
      #205874 - 08/16/05 09:22 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I have a friend who got that done, and she said it was such a relief!

Good luck! I hope it takes away your hemmies forever!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

no idea about the sig test new
      #205889 - 08/16/05 10:40 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

but noticed what you said about your mom. My dad also has MS and has been confined to a wheelchair since a young age (40s). I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself lately since my IBS has been horrible, but whenever I think about what my dad's gone through (with no complaining whatsoever), I feel ashamed of myself. IBS is tough, but it could be a LOT worse!

Glad your test went OK, or at least that they didn't find anything worse than what they were expecting. Good luck on the surgery.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Jen 1013,MS mom new
      #205971 - 08/16/05 02:43 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Oh my gosh when I read your post I have said that same thing on here on a previous thread! I have been through it all with IBS...but when I look at my Mom it seems very trivial to even feel sorry for myself. My Mom has had it for 15 years and she is now in a wheelchair and has been in one since her 40s and she is now 51. She deals with bladder problems, bowel problems, she can't walk(or even stand up) or do anything without assistance. So she is really an inspiration!

MS new
      #206601 - 08/18/05 06:14 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Your mom sounds like about the same state as my dad -- same age, even. It's tough to see them like that, isn't it? Do you ever worry that you'll end up with MS? My dad's brother, sister, and mother all have it, so there's got to be some kind of genetic link. Dad was in his late twenties when the MS really kicked in -- how old was your mom?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: MS new
      #206702 - 08/19/05 07:59 AM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

My Mom was 32 when she was "diagnosed" she thinks that she may have had it earlier than that. I am really sorry to hear about your Dad, I really hope my Mom stays as positive and well for a while and doesnt get any worse. I do think about if I will get MS or not I think thats just natural with any kind of disease. Its really scary to think about. My Moms doctor said that the chances are just like having a family member with cancer. So who knows. Ut is a confusing disease thats for sure.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 476 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1058

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review