www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've been wondering too new
      #205024 - 08/12/05 01:52 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Are the neighbours evicted yet? Are they now behaving? Hope you're okay! I asked Casey how you were, but she forgot to tell me!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Thnigs haven't been going very well. new
      #205033 - 08/12/05 02:48 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well... to start off with, DH has been completely miserable at work, so we're trying to figure out how we can get the he!! out of Iowa as soon as we can. Of course the pregnancy has to take presidence over anything else, so we're having a difficult time working out the details. I'm somewhat torn about the whole thing... as badly as I want to leave, I don't want to deliver my baby with a doctor who knows nothing about my pregnancy. Although, leaving would take care of the neighbor problem, and that would make things probably a lot easier for me to deal with.

Speaking of which... My neighbors have been "ok", however, I still have to remind them every few days that we're still here, and I need my sleep. Just this last Monday, DH and I went up to their door and yelled at the younger boy, and told him we'd start calling the police if they didn't keep it quiet. And twice now DH has gone over there through the door that's in our utility room, and shut off the loud tv for them. (once was before we threatened them, the other time was just the other night.) The first time was actually somewhat humerous... DH knocked on the door 4 times and shouted through the door. Since he didn't get a response, and there's no lock on the door, he opened it up and walked in. Both boys were fast asleep with the tv blaring. After he shut it off for them, one of the boys woke up and looked at DH with a dumb-founded look on his face (I'm sure he was surprised). DH told them that they needed to keep it quiet because they were keeping his pregnant wife awake.

Well... to add insult to injury... we had a huge spot of mold (it was green and black and fuzzy) growing in our bathroom (not exactly what I want to spend my time enhaling while I shower and go to the bathroom ). We ended up having our shower removed and all of the wall behind the shower replaced (the sheet rock was so wet and rotten that the guy could shove his finger through it).

While all this is happening... I've been experiencing lower abdominal pain. My doctor thought that maybe I was having pre-term labor contractions (I'm only 26 weeks), so yesterday I spent the afternoon in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of monitors. Thankfully it wasn't as serious as it could be and it turned out to be uterine irritability, but I've been advised to take it easy.

I'm doing the best that I can under the circumstances, but it's really hard to stay focused when I'm still very emotional from hormones. I have days where I'm fairly happy, but lately the bad days have been outnumbering the good. I've been spending a lot of my time crying, which is usually brought on by something really stupid like my cat jumping on the wrong part of my body or not being able to get comfortable lying down.

I've been reading posts here and there, so I'm mostly up-to-date on what's going on with everyone here. I'm really sorry I've been MIA lately, I hope you all understand. I really appreciate the concern, and I'll let you all know how things go.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Thnigs haven't been going very well. new
      #205045 - 08/12/05 03:26 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Sorry you have to go through so much stress - you are pregnant and it is suppose to be a happy time for you. I sure hope it gets better for you.

Glad to hear things are not serious with your pregnancy, but you still need to take an easy. I had uterine irritability with all 3 boys. I was on bed rest for 6 weeks with my first baby after going into labor at 32 weeks. My second one I did fine and had my 3rd baby at 36 weeks.

Can you stay somewhere else during the rest of your pregnancy? Where would you move to? Don't worry about switching doctors - that is minor compared to the stress you and hubby are going through right now.

Wish you well as you make decisions about your near future.

Oh Rachel new
      #205047 - 08/12/05 03:37 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Your poor thing, I am so sorry you are going through all this, especially when you are pregnant.
I have to say, though, that I did laugh a little at the thought of your hubby waking up that kid when he turned off his TV. What little monsters.

I hope that you can find a way to move like you want, but still feel comfortable having your baby.

I am sending huge hugs your way!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Rachel... new
      #205083 - 08/12/05 04:47 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Pregnancy always brings out the emotions in me. I was the same way through my pregnancy with the girls. The smallest thing could send me into tears. I also had those contractions all through my pregnancy with my eldest and went to the hospital a few times to get checked out (then after all that she decided to come a couple of days late ). I really hope you feel a bit better soon and the cramps settle down. I'm sure you guys will make the right decision for you both. Good luck.

--------------------
Amy

#205103 - 08/12/05 06:59 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I am so angry on your behalf. What it wrong with these people!!!!!!!! I hate, hate, hate renting!

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this! This should be an exciting time...where you can enjoy the life growing inside of you and focusing all your thoughts on the little bundle growing inside of you.

If you want my opinion, I agree with the person who suggested maybe you could move now and not worry about the new doctor. You can always have your records transferred and maybe one of your family members could recommend an OB. But, would hubby have to find a new job, a new place to stay too? And all the packing.

UGH, I don't know what to tell you. This whole situation just stinks! Maybe you could put your stuff in storage and stay with family until you find a place and DH finds a job? Do you get along with your family? I couldn't do that one, myself.

How much longer do you have until delivery date, Rachel? And when is your lease over?

Maybe once school starts again, the boys won't be as bad since they won't be home all day, and they will have to be up early so maybe they'll go to bed earlier during the week? Why do they live with the grandmother anyhow? Is this temporary? If so, that should give you some hope.

I too am still having landlord noise construction problems every evening and Saturdays all day beginning at 7 or so. Geesh!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#205135 - 08/12/05 08:51 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sorry you're having such a rough time Neighbour problems suck don't they? Make sure that you do your best to hang in there and take care of you...because that's the most important thing right now

Kelly

Oh Rachel.... new
      #205170 - 08/13/05 07:10 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I was just thinking about you yesterday, and wondering how you were.

Ya know what...I think it'd be a good idea if your hubby could find another job and you could get out of there. Away from those unbelievable neighbors....
And I know that when my husband is miserable at work, it puts him in such a bad mood, which puts me in a bad mood, which makes for crying and bad days....ugh. It's so hard when you're miserable at work. I know that feeling so well..

As for switching doctors - I would NOT worry about that, really! They will transfer all of your charts and it'll be no problem. I've already switched 3 times! I just met my actual doctor for the first time this last week, at 22 weeks, and he won't even see me again until 30 weeks. People switch ALL the time, and move, etc.

Take care of YOU and that baby. You're almost there! Keep in touch ok?? We miss you around here!!!

<<BIG HUGS>>

--------------------
~Cara~

I hope things start getting better for you.... new
      #205179 - 08/13/05 07:53 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

That's awful to go through all of that while pregnant. Take care, Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1006

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review