artist

Reged: 05/28/03

How are things on the job front, everything ok? artist

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: beaglelover new
      #20406 - 09/11/03 05:43 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

So far, the new job has been great. I am familiarizing myself with the merchandise and learning my way around their computer system. I have met a lot of new people, and today I got to hold this woman's 8-week-old baby while she shopped! I have sold lots of accessories (rugs, lamps, toys), but no furniture yet. I think I'm a jinx. As soon as I leave in the afternoon, the furniture sales begin. I think this is because I'm working during the day, when most of the "looking" is done and the accessories sold. Then when I leave, the women return to the store at night with their husbands and make their major purchases. I will probably die of excitement the first time someone actually places a big order with me! Oh well, I'm learning a lot, getting out of the house (which I desperately needed), and having fun! Tommorrow I'm off so I'm going to lunch with some friends. Then back to work on Saturday, my first weekend, and hopefully I will sell some furniture then. Otherwise, they may be showing me the door. The great part about all this is my husband and boys have starting doing more around the house because they know I won't be home all day. I never thought I'd see the day when they pitched in to help!

Re: beaglelover new
      #20440 - 09/12/03 04:42 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Oh, I am so glad things are going well. You sound like you are enjoying yourself. I think you are right about the major sales being made at night when couples come in together. I bet the mark up on accessories is larger than it is on furniture though. Sometimes stores make a lot of money on those items. Like clothing stores, they will have a huge sale on jeans, then make all their money on belts, tops etc. to go with the jeans. So I bet the store is pleased with your performance, besides, it is your first week! I am impressed you sold anything! Do you work on commission? If so, and you help someone during the day who is interested in furniture, ask them to mention your name if they purchase it in the evening. I hope things continue to go well, have fun with it. Hey do they need some paintings... just kidding. My paintings go to the store next week, keeping my fingers crossed. artist

Artist, new
      #20450 - 09/12/03 06:02 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

yes we could use some paintings, but only if there are of fire trucks and ballerina slippers. You know, the popular kids stuff! Good luck to you with your work. I am so excited for you. I don't know if you have your email address posted or not, but I'd like to send you an article that was in the Charlotte Observer yesterday. It was about this young woman, who now lives in Charlotte, but was studying at an art institute in the fall of 2001. She had to choose a subject for her paintings, photograph them, and then do the work for her class. Well, guess what she chose? The firehouses in New York City! This was right before 9-11. After Sept. 11, she did the paintings and added a little remberance of the time (such as a banner signed by school children) in each of them. The paintings are now on display at a gallery here in Charlotte. They showed some of them in the newspaper article. I can't wait to go see them!
I thought about you when I read this.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 904 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review