All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
So I went to a wedding on Saturday...
      #203701 - 08/08/05 08:06 PM

Unregistered

..for someone my age (21) and it was totally weird! I can't believe that people I know are already getting married. And this is the 3rd one this summer.

But anyways just thought I'd share a few pictures of me and the pretty dress I changed my mind to get the night before. I was the prettiest girl at the wedding

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So I went to a wedding on Saturday... new
      #203711 - 08/08/05 08:54 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Fabulous dress Brittany! That color is really flattering on you!

I know what you mean about people our age getting married ... almost everyone I know has either gotten married or pregnant, or divorced ... and all under 25

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Amber new
      #203715 - 08/08/05 08:59 PM

Unregistered

Thanks!!

And I know what you mean! I just feel like I still have so much growing and changing to do before I'm the person I want to be when I'm married. There are way too many variables that will change once these people graduate from college in a year. No wonder why so many people get divorced!

#203716 - 08/08/05 09:01 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awesome dress! i love yellow!

anyways.. I know so many people engaged and/or getting married this summer! two of which are my old roomates and one is getting married this saturday on my birthday! needless to say I won't be going to that one, although I would have loved to. However, somehow I think turning 24 alone at my old roomates wedding on my birthday would make me feeling even more single than I am.. haha its so weird though. Don't you feel like an old maid!!

anyways.. this week I won't be going to florida after all we're gonna stay around the beaches in virginia. but i'll let you know if we ever head that way.

--------------------

Coming from someone who married young..... new
      #203721 - 08/08/05 09:34 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I think it's better to wait a bit. I got married at 21 and I love my husband dearly but boy it is SO hard to grow as a couple when you haven't finished growing yet (or barely started to for that matter). Great dress btw! You look amazing It's so nice to see colour on people!

--------------------
Amy

#203726 - 08/08/05 10:12 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Very beautiful pictures! I love the dress...the colour looks great

#203751 - 08/09/05 04:48 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Haha I married my hubby 6 days before my 21st birthday and I was the oldest out of my mom, sister and brother. They were 19 and 20. I had Maddie 13 months later and we have been married 8 1/2 years. I love your dress and you look so pretty.

You think that's weird.... new
      #203761 - 08/09/05 05:29 AM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

In the last year and a half, a friend of mine got married at 18, two people in my school (one a freshman the other a sophmore) got engaged, and one of my closer friends got married at 20. Not to mention the other 3 engagements at school between graduating seniors I know.

As someone about to turn 20, it scares me sometimes to think that people I know or grew up with are getting married. Sometimes it makes me feel old (ducks the shoes from other board members older than me).

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

#203765 - 08/09/05 05:57 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Wow, 21 does seem young. I'm 25 and I only have 1 married friend and she got married at 24. I think getting married young nowadays is the exception and not the rule. Alot of people are waiting longer to get married now (until their late 20s and early to mid 30s) it seems because of university education & getting established in a career. Definitely there's no rush for marriage b/c as you said you do go through a lot of changes from the time you're 21 until you decide to get married. I've been dating my boyfriend now for 2 yrs and we've talked about getting married but I don't think it will happen until I'm 27 b/c I'm going back this Sept for teacher's college.

Jenn

p.s> I love your dress, it's very pretty.

Hey Jenn! new
      #203767 - 08/09/05 06:05 AM

Unregistered

I definitely agree with you. I think getting married younger was done more also when our parents were our age, but our society is much more global these days and people aren't as ready to get settled in one place so soon.

I think you're smart to wait another couple years. Good luck to you and your boyfriend

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 590 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6922

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review