All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
I used to hate it ... new
      #204126 - 08/10/05 06:45 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I come from a huge extended family, and all my cousins and aunts and uncles used to call me AmandaPanda. I HATED it! Especially when I was about 13-15, I really wanted everyone to see me as an adult, and I couldn't stand the stupid nickname. Nobody really cared that I didn't like the name, and they all kept calling me Panda. Well, then my cousins had kids, and they all started calling me Auntie Panda. Having a 2-year-old call you Auntie Panda is pretty much the cutest thing ever. So, I re-embraced my nickname. My cousin's little four-year-old, Abby, said to me last month, "Auntie Panda, I know your real name is Amanda, but I'm gonna call you Auntie Panda anyway." It was so cute. I really want to take her home to live with me -- she's my favorite kid (except that she's tied with all the others).

So, that's the story behind AmandaPanda. I also get called Manderbeth (my middle name is Beth), Bethiepoo, and all kinds of other silly ones, but now my brother has a baby girl named Bethany, so she's getting all the Bethiepoos now! It's okay though -- I really don't mind giving that one up!

My favorite uncle, who just passed away this summer, used to call me Salamander (I guess it sort of sounds like Amanda?) and then Sally for short, then Silly Sally. He probably called me Silly Sally for my entire life. I really couldn't stand it when I was a teenager but then I totally came to love it. He was really the silliest, most annoying person ever, but we miss him so much! I really try hard now that he's gone to look at everything with the same lightheartedness and sense of humor that he always had, and not take myself too seriously!

xo,
AmandaPanda Bethiepoo Silly Sally

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I used to work with an Amanda... new
      #204138 - 08/10/05 07:32 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

and I called her MandaPanda...she loved it. Then came a friend named Chrissy...ChrissyPissy didn't sound very nice so we had to come up with something else!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

It's my name (shortened), and our wedding date! -nt- new
      #204144 - 08/10/05 08:06 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: I used to hate it ... new
      #204146 - 08/10/05 08:17 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh don't I know about nicknames! I have a million and they aren't all that good.

my brothers and sisters called me
AshleyTrashley.. which just turned into Trashley.. which has since evolved into Trashface. Its lovely.

My old roomates called me crashley

then my godfather and older cousins used to call me smashley which drove me up a wall when I was older.

And for some reason my mom has always called me Ali, or Alley Cat (along with my aunt as well). I guess they dervied Ali from Ashley.. I'm not sure how..but whatever.

oh and my mother also calls me Mallory alot.. and that has also evolved into AliMalli.. or AliMac.

They are ridic.. I swear, I hardly ever get called Ashley with my family.

--------------------

LOL! new
      #204149 - 08/10/05 08:22 AM
Cara4503

Quote:

my brothers and sisters called me
AshleyTrashley.. which just turned into Trashley.. which has since evolved into Trashface. Its lovely.

HAHA. Don't you love nicknames from your brothers and sisters???

Mine isn't that bad I guess....it was Cara Beara for so long....now most of them call me Beara. My dad will call me CaraLynn forever, he's not a nickname person.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: LOL! new
      #204152 - 08/10/05 08:27 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awwww well your name was cute... I have equally mean names for them..

Ryan is Regina, Ryena, Ryena Deville, Ryena has no Weina Deville. I dunno where we came up with these.

Erinn- Egg, Ug (like ugly from salute your shorts on nickelodian..no one probably watched that), eggfart, ErHead.

haha we were such mature kids!

--------------------

#204154 - 08/10/05 08:30 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

How about Gingivitis?? My older brother also calls me Bingber. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.

--------------------

#204168 - 08/10/05 09:12 AM
Cara4503

Haha....Sibling nicknames are funny...

I never call my brother Tommy, I call him Bolina...started as Tom-Bolina, now it's just Bolina...my sister and I have called him that for years, it's like his permenant name.

My sister calls me Linea - like 'Lyn-nay-ya'...for Cara-Linea....but she's the only one who's ever called me that!

--------------------
~Cara~

#204180 - 08/10/05 09:26 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

That's beter than "Carol the big fat barrel" and I was skinny then. How about "Carolina in the morning". One of the nephews called me Cal when he was little the other "Taro" He still calls me Taro when he is playing up to me because he wants something. My Dad called me skinny ass... can't call me that any more. LOL

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: What is the "story" behind your nickname? new
      #204186 - 08/10/05 09:39 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

My youngest dogs name is Noey but she has many nicknames, one of them being Snowy. I love her so much that I use it as my screen name!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15110

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review