All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
My cat is missing
      #203311 - 08/07/05 09:46 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

hi everyone,

I'm a total wreck right now My cat got outside last night - he's in an indoor cat - and now we can't find him. We had some people over and someone who stayed over must have left early and not closed the door all the way or something... it was probably left open for a few hours before we realized. Luckily the dog chose to stay inside but we can't find the cat (Sebastian) anywhere. I know he's probably somewhere near by hiding in a bush or something; he must be really freaked out because he never goes outside and he wouldn't know what to expect.

And to top it off, there's a government building across the street from our house so I was there looking in the bushes and gardens for him, and this stupid security guard comes out and starts yelling at me because he thinks I'm stealing plants or something!!! Arrgg! I pretty much did a combination of breaking down crying and yelling at him. Stealing plants?!?! Wtf?

I just don't know HOW we're going to find him, and then get him home. We've told some of our neighbours to look out for him and we've called the humane society in case he shows up; that's where we got him when he was a kitten so he actually has a microchip implanted in his neck that has our phone number (weird, I know) so if he does show up there hopefully we'll be notified asap.

I really don't think he could have gone far... I'm just really, really worried and upset If anyone has any advice or support or anything, it would be really appreciated....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Laurel new
      #203315 - 08/07/05 10:22 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm so sorry about your cat! I know you must be frantic. I don't have any advice for you. I just wanted to say that I hope you find him soon! Hopefully, the microchip will help him find his way back to you.

Maybe you could post some flyers in your neighborhood and at local vets' offices and pet stores.

I'll be praying he'll be home safely soon!

Re: My cat is missing new
      #203322 - 08/07/05 11:03 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Laurel,

So sorry to hear about your kitty Hopefully he'll simply find his way home. Are you in London now? (couldn't remember if you were just here for school)...you could give me a description and I'll keep my eyes open.

My best bet would be to keep looking, put up some flyers and and call the local shelters, animal aid places to see if anyone has turned in a stray.

Good luck,
Kelly

#203339 - 08/07/05 01:41 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Dear Laurel:

I hope Sebastian is found, a.s.a.p.! You must be out of your mind with worry for the little one.

Hugs,
Kate.

You poor thing!! new
      #203348 - 08/07/05 02:22 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You've got to be going crazy. I am so sorry!! You did the right thing by notifying the humane society. Get some flyers together and hit the streets. Please know you've done the smart thing by microchipping your pet. I'm sure it's going to go a long way in helping you him to come back to you!!

{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

I know it wasn't your fault he got out, so DON'T beat yourself up! When I'm anxious or worried I spend my time engrossed in tasks to take my mind off of it. Get some pictures together, and if you can contact your local paper and post a reward, do that. Good luck!!!

~nelly~

Oh no! new
      #203355 - 08/07/05 02:50 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Laurel, you must be going crazy. I'm so sorry!

The microchip is fantastic! This really improves your chances of finding him. And since you contacted the humane society, they will definitely be able to call you if some kind soul turns him in.

I agree with Nelly about the reward money. Money talks...and if someone finds him, they will most likely go the extra step of returning him to his owners if they see money in it for them. Sad to say that not everyone does the altruistic deed on their own.

Put up flyers in grocery stores and keep walking around. Tell the kids around you that you'll give a reward to any of them who can find your cat first.

If he is an indoor cat, he most likely will not venture too far. Good luck, sweetie...and let us know when you find him.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#203367 - 08/07/05 03:45 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm so sorry! It freaks me out every time one of our cats has gotten out. Even strictly indoors cats still have their instincts, though, and most likely Sebastian is just fine and will come home when he's hungry.

If you do think he's in the area, do you ever give him cat treats at all? If so, walk around rattling the bag -- cats are super-sensitive to sound and if he hears it, he'll come running. This is how we've always found our cats.

I also second the advice by others -- put up posters, offer a reward, get the neighborhood kids to watch, put an ad in the "lost and found" in the paper.

I hope he comes home soon so you can stop worrying. Take care.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#203377 - 08/07/05 04:30 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry to hear about this! Any news?

Since he's mostly indoors, Sebastian probably hasn't gone too far. My cat, Sofia, is also an indoor-only cat and she's gotten out twice. Once she followed my bf to the laundry room--at night too! She wasn't too far away, but obviously freaked and waiting for us to come get her (rather than coming to us when we called). I found her that same night, huddled next to a neighbor's apartment.

The second time, I was bringing in groceries and she ran out and just kept running! I think she thought we playing a game. She was running along happily (just fast enough so I couldn't catch her), UNTIL a car parked nearby, some people jogged along talking loudly. The oustide world was not welcoming and she panicked. Luckily, she decided to run to the downstairs apartment and I was able to corner her.

Now she doesn't even try to escape. She just looks warily at the door whenever we open it. I think her two mini-outdoor-adventures quelled her need for kitty freedom.

I hope all turns out well with your cat.

Oh no... new
      #203400 - 08/07/05 06:34 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Our cats are our babies! I totally understand how devastated you must be feeling. I hate it when mine escape at night and then disappear for a while. Frightens the life out of me. I'm sure he's fine. One of my cats went missing when I was 16. I cried for almost 2 days. I was sitting on my bed and crying and my chest of drawers started shaking. I opened up one of the drawers and out popped my missing cat (who fled as fast as her paws could carry her to the litter box). Mine quite often go and sleep in the shed then one of us shuts the door and they can't get out. Have you tried walking round outside banging a tin of cat food with a spoon. That quite often brings them running. (((HUGS))) I hope he turns up soon safe and sound.

--------------------
Amy

#203428 - 08/07/05 08:37 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I hope Sebastian finds his way home!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 504 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review