All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need someone to chat with!!
      #203260 - 08/06/05 08:54 PM
peachie06

Reged: 08/06/05
Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

Hey Everyone!! My name is Amanda and Im 17 years old. In January I had my gallbladder taken out, and some of my problems were solved but others werent. So I continued with the series of tests, seeing doctors, and changing medicines for a few months before I decied to do something drastic. I changed to a large hospital about 2 hours away from where I live. Then I was told I had IBS and chronic pain. I had to change my lifestyle and learn to live with it. No one in my family knows how I feel and know one understands so I have no one to talk to. Ive been doing some research on everything to try and change my lifestyle to help me out. So I am looking for someone, of any age or gender, to talk to. Just to have everyday conversations with and to talk about my problems with. I dont know how often Ill be able to check this but Ill try.
So, please contact me. My email is peachie_06@yahoo.com and my yahoo messenger name is peachie_06 and my aol name is tripplite339. So please, get at me!
Thank so much for your time!
-Amanda

--------------------
~*~ Amanda ~*~
IBS and Chronic Pain

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi, Amanda! new
      #203280 - 08/07/05 05:14 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Where in PA are you? I'm 22, and I live in Philly and go to Drexel University, I'm getting ready to start my senior year there. I've had IBS since I was 17, so I can relate! It took my mom and my youngest brother being diagnosed with IBS a year and a half ago for anyone in my family to really understand.

Welcome to the site! Heather's diet helps a lot of people (including me!) get to the point they're more stable and can deal with their IBS. Head over to the Eating for IBS Diet board for help changing your diet and lifestyle. And feel free to email me if you'd like, my email's in my profile.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Amanda new
      #203319 - 08/07/05 10:28 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

You are welcome to chat with us anytime---either here or on the Eating for IBS board (for specific diet questions.)

These are nice places to be because everyone understands what you are going through!

Feel free to ask us questions or chat about your concerns!

Welcome, Amanda! -nt- new
      #203430 - 08/07/05 08:42 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: I need someone to chat with!! new
      #203592 - 08/08/05 11:58 AM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Hi Amanda! I'm turning 20 in a few weeks and go to college in Philly not too far away from Melissa (she's in Drexel and I'm in Penn). I and everyone else here are more than happy to talk with you, though I should point out I'm male (you'd be surprised how many people mess that up.)

Welcome to the boards!

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1073 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 506

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review