All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Prayer Support
      #20321 - 09/11/03 12:00 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I feel so funny asking for prayers, but here I am, doing it anyway. My husband and I are both from the Pittsburgh area and always hoping to move back to be near our families. We have a 3 1/2 yr old who misses Gramma and Poppy and they miss her too. Well, I have an interview for a job up there at the end of this month! I am very excited about that, but what scares me most is if I get the job, my husband won't have one. He is a teacher now and we tried in vain to get him a job up there this year, but it didn't work out. So, I am just asking for everyone's support in our endeavors....I know that it is not a "major" problem, but any support and words of encouragement are so great. I love these boards so much...and know that you are all so helpful. Thanks alot!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Prayer Support new
      #20334 - 09/11/03 12:33 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Christianne,

I understand your worry and you are definately in my thoughts. I consider no jobs a "major" problem because when you have a family to support it something you gotta have.

I truly hope everything works out for you, I am sure it will too. Once you move there and can get more in the loop I am sure your husband will stumble along some contacts.

It is so wonderful that you will be near family. They will be a major support system for you when you need them the most.

I am confident it will all work out,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#20337 - 09/11/03 12:52 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. If you do move to Pittsburgh, we'll have to look each other up and maybe have a cup of herbal tea! I wish you the very, very best.

I always believe that if you want something bad enough and if you pray for something with your whole heart, you will get it (or if you don't, you'll often get something even better!).

Best of luck!
Kristine

#20339 - 09/11/03 12:53 PM
tnchawk

Wow...thanks so much! I felt better just reading your post. I just felt funny asking for people to support me....but I know that when anyone needs something...this is the place to come! Thanks Lana Marie!

Christianne

--------------------

Happy I can be here for you -nt- new
      #20344 - 09/11/03 01:05 PM
Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#20387 - 09/11/03 03:22 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

There does not have to be any "major problem" to ask for prayers, you know that! Jeremiah 29:11 promises that the Lord has a plan and a purpose for your lives and that they are GOOD! We may not get exactly what we want exactly when we want it, but we have to trust that plan. I'll be praying this move is a part of that plan for you. We are only 3 hours from family and it still seems to far for my kids and their grandparents!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#20408 - 09/11/03 06:41 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Do not feel funny about asking us to pray for you. Of course, it's major if it's important to you. I wish you the best in your job interview and will pray that your husband can locate something there too. That would be terrific! I will put you on my prayer list.
Thinking of you,
Beaglelover

#20441 - 09/12/03 05:02 AM
tnchawk

Thank you guys....SO MUCH! I will certainly add you all to my prayers as well. You are all deserving of so many blessings for being so supportive not only to me, but everyone here. I will keep you all posted!

Christianne

--------------------

Sending good thoughts your way. new
      #20442 - 09/12/03 05:13 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Think positively, believe you will receive what is best for your family. Don't be afraid to pray for a blessing. Things have a way of working out how they are intended to happen. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Best, artist

Consider yourself covered in prayer! God can make a way where there is no way... -nt - new
      #20549 - 09/12/03 02:01 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

PS: lived in New Kensington area in '80s - where are you from? -nt- new
      #21160 - 09/18/03 07:04 PM
KaybeeC

...Actually lived in small town called "Lower Burrell". I have a nephew at Penn State New Kensington now. Had to learn a whole new language when I moved there! "Buggies, bushels, putzies...etc" - and of course had to learn to love the Eastern European foods!

Praying that God is going before you and preparing the way for your interview.... and for a job for your dh! Psalm 138:8 "The LORD will fulfill His purpose for my life." Those words are for you!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

LOWER BURRELL--OMG! new
      #21695 - 09/25/03 06:58 AM
tnchawk

I graduated from Burrell High School in 1993! Where did you live in LB? My family is ALL still there. The language is funny...Stillers, Dahntahn, I miss it there so much! I had my interview yesterday, BTW and it went well! I am just awaiting an answer. Thanks for the prayers! I will keep you guys updated!

Christianne

--------------------

What a small world! new
      #21701 - 09/25/03 08:36 AM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Christianne, I'm glad to hear your interview went well yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!

Kaybee....I live just south of downtown Pittsburgh now, but I'm familar with the LB area. What a small world!

Kristine

I hope all goes well for you and your family. {{hugs}} n/t new
      #21712 - 09/25/03 10:59 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Re: LOWER BURRELL new
      #21745 - 09/25/03 11:47 PM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

Hi T,
we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
THe Great Creator will guide your way back to your hometown.
Paintlady

Re: LOWER BURRELL--OMG! new
      #21874 - 09/28/03 02:25 AM
KaybeeC

Christiane, this is too funny! I "married into" western PA - my ex-dh lived in LB his whole life (we met on vacation). He graduated from Burrell High in '75 - think he still holds some kind of golfing record there. He was a volunteer firefighter for LB from the time he was 18 - and then he tested for and won a spot on the professional fd here in Cincy, so we moved back here (back, for me, anyway - quite a culture shock for him).

We lived in Cedarcrest Apts, on Puckety Church Road, from '81-'84, when we moved back to my hometown, Cincinnati. He was a "mill hunk" at Allegheny Ludlum. His mom still lives on Grove Drive, just half a block from what used to be the elementary school. My ex-brother-in-law and niece and nephew are in Vandergrift - nephew is finishing up at PSNK. My f-i-law retired from PPG in Ford City (passed away in '93 - a very good man) and he loved to take us out to dinner at a family-owned restaurant there - can't remember the name...

It was a different world - besides the "language barrier"! (BTW, years ago I orderd a mug from the Pitts-Post Gazette, that had all the local "pronunciations" - like "dahntahn", "Stillers", etc - cracked me up! I should have kept it....)

I loved the frozen custard we could get in Springdale in the summer, and the dairy freeze on 156 - "Edy's"? I worked for a while at "Monkey Ward's" - don't even know if it's still there. Used to shop at Hillcrest Plaza, Natrona Hts (there was a Horne's at that time), and, when I felt like driving, I'd go to Monroeville or Greensburg malls - needed a dose of "real" shopping! I even found my way to Shadyside and Squirrel Hill and Oakland - sometimes, I just needed to feel like I was in the city - I loved the atmosphere and especially the art galleries in Shadyside. Oh, and there was a great Mystery Lovers Book Store in Oakmont - it was my favorite place! Of course, I made the trek with a car full of gals to the Reading Outlet Mall - came back loaded with Vanity Fair nightgowns, etc.

My m-i-law was / is a fantastic cook - she made 600 of the most beautiful cookies for our wedding reception! Her cabbage rolls were the best, too (guess that's out for now!). Their family was Polish / Ukrainian so I'm sure you know what the food was like! Something good was always on the stove or in the 'fridge! (Unlike my home, where something might have been on the stove or in the fridge, but it wasn't necessarily "good"!)

I haven't been back in nine years - but I'd love to grab a friend and make a road trip now that I'm writing about it. (We were separated in '96, div in '01 - still healing from it - felt like there was an amputation from half my family. My b-in-law brought my niece to see me last year - guess it's my turn, but I'd sure need some moral support).

Well, this has been fun! Keep us posted!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Re: What a small world! new
      #21875 - 09/28/03 02:35 AM
KaybeeC

Yes, Kristine, it is! (BTW, I thought "south of dt Pittsbgh" would be the rivers! I'm terrible at geography)...

When I lived in LB, I decided I wanted to go back to work - got an offer from a very old, large law firm in the Heinz building - about 50 floors up! What a view! But, add my claustrophobia to the long commute, and I turned it down... driving into Pittsburgh was scary for me and the bus ride would have been 1-1/2 hrs, each way. Looking back, I could have finished a lot of books! But, I was a newlywed, happy to be cozy at home.

Thanks for writing! (I posted a wee bit more about LB above).

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Re: Prayer Support....job advice? new
      #21952 - 09/29/03 11:42 AM
tnchawk

Ok, I know that I am over-worrying about this job, but I had, what I thought to be, a good interview last Wednesday and have yet to hear from them. I sent my email and snail mail thank you's, but didn't know when to follow up? Anyone out there in HR or good at interviewing? I just am a wee bit impatient too, and want to call but don't want to seem pushy. HELP???

Oops, I should add that they told me that they would let me know in a few days, as they want to get the position filled soon. Ok, so is it too soon yet???

--------------------

Edited by tnchawk (09/29/03 11:46 AM)

#21956 - 09/29/03 11:44 AM
Lana_Marie

Did they tell you when they were going to notify you? Did they discuss when they require someone to start?

If none of this stuff was discussed - then I would call...you have a perfect reason...you are curious. I think since it wasn't discussed you aren't beating a dead horse - so to speak...and I would do it.

If they are snarky - then I would just let it go and maybe line up a few more interviews. Although- I would be confident that's not the case!

Good luck, and keep us posted

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#21958 - 09/29/03 11:47 AM
Jennifer Rose

Loc: Fremont, CA

I definately agree with Lana. I always try to make sure I let people know when we will be making our decision so they know when to start looking at other options if we don't call.

But if no date was mentioned - do call! Just casually ask at what date they hope to fill the position.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3773

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review