All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Prayer Support
      #20321 - 09/11/03 12:00 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I feel so funny asking for prayers, but here I am, doing it anyway. My husband and I are both from the Pittsburgh area and always hoping to move back to be near our families. We have a 3 1/2 yr old who misses Gramma and Poppy and they miss her too. Well, I have an interview for a job up there at the end of this month! I am very excited about that, but what scares me most is if I get the job, my husband won't have one. He is a teacher now and we tried in vain to get him a job up there this year, but it didn't work out. So, I am just asking for everyone's support in our endeavors....I know that it is not a "major" problem, but any support and words of encouragement are so great. I love these boards so much...and know that you are all so helpful. Thanks alot!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Prayer Support new
      #20334 - 09/11/03 12:33 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Christianne,

I understand your worry and you are definately in my thoughts. I consider no jobs a "major" problem because when you have a family to support it something you gotta have.

I truly hope everything works out for you, I am sure it will too. Once you move there and can get more in the loop I am sure your husband will stumble along some contacts.

It is so wonderful that you will be near family. They will be a major support system for you when you need them the most.

I am confident it will all work out,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#20337 - 09/11/03 12:52 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. If you do move to Pittsburgh, we'll have to look each other up and maybe have a cup of herbal tea! I wish you the very, very best.

I always believe that if you want something bad enough and if you pray for something with your whole heart, you will get it (or if you don't, you'll often get something even better!).

Best of luck!
Kristine

#20339 - 09/11/03 12:53 PM
tnchawk

Wow...thanks so much! I felt better just reading your post. I just felt funny asking for people to support me....but I know that when anyone needs something...this is the place to come! Thanks Lana Marie!

Christianne

--------------------

Happy I can be here for you -nt- new
      #20344 - 09/11/03 01:05 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#20387 - 09/11/03 03:22 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

There does not have to be any "major problem" to ask for prayers, you know that! Jeremiah 29:11 promises that the Lord has a plan and a purpose for your lives and that they are GOOD! We may not get exactly what we want exactly when we want it, but we have to trust that plan. I'll be praying this move is a part of that plan for you. We are only 3 hours from family and it still seems to far for my kids and their grandparents!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#20408 - 09/11/03 06:41 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Do not feel funny about asking us to pray for you. Of course, it's major if it's important to you. I wish you the best in your job interview and will pray that your husband can locate something there too. That would be terrific! I will put you on my prayer list.
Thinking of you,
Beaglelover

#20441 - 09/12/03 05:02 AM
tnchawk

Thank you guys....SO MUCH! I will certainly add you all to my prayers as well. You are all deserving of so many blessings for being so supportive not only to me, but everyone here. I will keep you all posted!

Christianne

--------------------

Sending good thoughts your way. new
      #20442 - 09/12/03 05:13 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Think positively, believe you will receive what is best for your family. Don't be afraid to pray for a blessing. Things have a way of working out how they are intended to happen. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Best, artist

Consider yourself covered in prayer! God can make a way where there is no way... -nt - new
      #20549 - 09/12/03 02:01 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 316 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3772

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review